If you could add any country to Epcot?

I would add Switzerland, with the Matterhorn; and possibly Austrailia, and Brazil, therefore all continents are represented.

Europe: UK, France, Germany, Italy, Norway
Asia: China, Japan
Africa: Morocco
NA: US, Canada, Mexico
SA: (Brazil)
Australia: (Australia)

KaliSplash

They have plans for several countries they've never gotten around to adding. Equitorial Africa already has the World Showcase Plaza scenery there. There have been proposals in the past for Spain, Israel, Switzerland and Russia. Any of those would be fine with me.

DisneyMusician2

Russia here. I think there is so much culture there, and there are lots of possibilities for new ride experiences and that lovely edutainment we are high on.

Greece would be great, too, but I think I'd rather see Russia first.

I just don't think Disney will ever get Russia to spnsor anything, and I doubt they will build without one.

JeffH

Another idea to consider

The main reason that there haven't been any new countries in the World showcase is because no country wants to finance/afford it.
How can we change this?
We could take one of the remaining 5 or so spots and divide it up between 4 countries who then share the spot (as Norway was originally planned, Norway gateway to Scandinavia, until the other Scandinavian countries pulled out and Norway went ahead and financed it all...thank you Norway).
For instance, one pavilian can represent the 4 countries of South America, the path could divert away from the lagoon to enter through the middle with each country staking out a corner. There could be a nice shared stage area in the middle courtyard, the back 2 countries could each have 2 restaurants, while the lagoon countries would possess counter style restaurants...
The area between Norway and Mexico could still be used to someday accomodate the scandinavian countries if they ever change their mind.

tmaziarz

Polland

Poland would be a great pace to have a drink or two at epcot

RULE #1 is that all the countries should have a ride inside more like Mexico, Norway.:ROFLOL:

EPCOT Explorer

Greece!

The Acropolis, Parthenon, Temple of Olympian Zeus, Olympia, etc. And imagine the food -- Tiropitakia, Saganaki, Pasticcio, Souvlakia, Spanakopitta and, of course, top it all of with some Halvas Tou Fournou and Ouzo :slurp:

Actually, it would fit in pretty well in World Showcase: the first Olympics, the first universities (Plato's Academy, University of Constantinople) are as "cultural" and "innovative" as it gets, IMHO.

And with all the Greek mythology, an attraction could be easily tied in.
You totally took my idea!:)

A India would be nice.Or Egypt.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Kazakhstan

High 5

Could you imagine an Anamitronic Borat lol

I would love to see either Brazil or Spain

Nice
borat_narrowweb__300x400,0.jpg

However Brazil, with lots of Brazilians gets my vote.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom