If you could add any country to Epcot?

erasure fan1

I dont care what country they would do as long as they put a D-ticket (at least) attraction in it. I do like the Ireland idea though.

aladdin2007

Yeah Ireland would be a massive draw!! I think Disney is really missing out with opportunties like that in that area of the park, maybe its time they change the structuring of how countries are added. Afterall its been exactly 20 years now. Norway 1988. The whole sponsorship thing is sadly not working anymore it seems like.

elizs77

I, like the others, would love to see Russia or Greece (we have a huge Greek community here, and they seem to own all the non-chain restaurants, so I totally love Greek food!). Other countries that would be neat to see are Egypt, South Africa, Kenya, Brazil, Argentina or Costa Rica. I would also require that these have a family friendly ride, not a standing room only movie!

I swear, a very long time ago, there was actually a sign up in one of the empty spaces in WS saying that Israel was going to be the next country in that area. Then the sign went down after some time. I could totally understand any security concerns, but that would be such an awesome country to represent!

aladdin2007

Both Greece and or Russia would be fantastic too. I believe there was a sign up for Israel, also Spain and Africa had signs up too. There are pictures of these somewhere or other on the net I think. I remember seeing them awhile back but not sure where.

tomm4004

1. Russia - with a depiction of Red Square. Second idea would be St. Petersburg with the Winter Palace, but it's not as iconic as the Kremlin and St. Basil's. The GUM would be the stores obviously.

2. Greece - There are two ways to go here. One, ancient Greece with temples and such, or a white-washed Greek island with a waterfront street along the lagoon. You could do both: have the waterfront street (restaurant) then a gate that leads to an ancient temple (attraction). The walkway would be in between.

3. Brazil (or some S. Amer country) with a rainforest. Attraction could be one of those lines that soars above the canopy.

Some of the other countries I'd like to see, such as Australia or Thailand, would work better in AK - even Brazil, perhaps.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
If they had an Irish attraction they could do a dark ride Attack of the Killer Potatoes, a 3D ride where the cars are equipped with springloaded shalaylees and you stove the head in of the Leprechauns before they bombard your vehicle with wrotten spuds, and spray you with Guiness, voiced by Mike Myers.

disney21

Original Poster
If they had an Irish attraction they could do a dark ride Attack of the Killer Potatoes, a 3D ride where the cars are equipped with springloaded shalaylees and you stove the head in of the Leprechauns before they bombard your vehicle with wrotten spuds, and spray you with Guiness, voiced by Mike Myers.
wow you put a lot of thought into it... iI love the concept bc its pretty funny ... but not very "Disney" in my opinion :D

TLS

Ireland would be great, but much of it would look similar to UK, no :shrug:

I haven't visited many countries, but Ireland was very beautiful.

Tonphanan

There are many countries that would be cool to add. It just seems like they don't really spotlight the World Showcase anymore, anyway to stay on topic...

I think the one I would like to see the most would be Australia, but Scotland, Ireland, and Greece would be nice additions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom