If you could add any country to Epcot?

Goofnut1980

I would have to go with Russia and Greece... The buildings would be breathe-taking and Russia would be extremely colorful... :sohappy:

disney21

Original Poster
I always have thought Greece would be an awesome country to include. Russia and Egypt would be fun as well!:rolleyes:

brucie

I would pick Greece!!! Hmmmm the food!! With a close second to Australia!!

Is it true that the countries don't want to finance it?? Is that why there is no new countries in World Showcase?? Is it something that gets worked on continuously?? I think if Greece was approached with the Idea and from the support just from this site, I can't understand why they wouldn't. Although I don't know anything about Greece politics or there financial situation. Disney should hold a contest done by votes to decide what country should be put in World Showcase and they could do it every 5 or 7 years as space permits?? I think it's a fantastic Idea

DonaldDoleWhip

I think Australia should definitely be added to World Showcase because of its diversity. It has some of the most beautiful cities, as well as amazing natural wonders and unique animals. I also think Greece and South Africa would be great additions.

CThaddeus

No preference. Any additions would be welcome. But they should have an attraction, preferably for me either a slow attraction telling the history of the country or another Circle-Vision film. I know most don't get off on those, but how much of a culture can you really learn from a 2 1/2 minute thrill ride?

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
I would choose:

India for the food, architecture, and shopping possibilities

Switzerland because the circlevision would be spectacular :animwink:

cdunbar

I would have to choose either Ireland or Scotland. I've seen both done at Bush Gardens Europe and they do a fantastic job so I could only imagine that Disney would have the ability to go above and beyond what The Anhueser Bush Company has done.

wvdisneyfamily

I would love to see some more countries in the world showcase. Greece would be awesome. There are lots of possibilities for a ride and some dining establishments. Egypt would also have great ride potential.
However, no one has mentioned the Federated States of Micronesia or Argentina. If we put Argentina next to Britain, we could recreate the Falkland Wars each day. :lookaroun

I'm voting for Russia, for the architectural and historical elements.

But I'd also welcome Greece or Austrailia...or almost anything new would be amazing.

InfernalPenguin

Greece sounds nice, it also sounds like an awesome place for a ride... although I dunno if it'd be considered overdone seeing as IoA has Poseidon's Fury and Sea World has the Atlantis thing... Hercules comes to mind. Hmmmmmmm...

Russia sounds like it'd be a very good place. Restaurant, Shop, Show. It's got all the potential for a pavillion.

I'd think that India, Africa and such would be good, but they sort of have that covered with Animal Kingdom... they'd sorta be repeating themselves.

My GF said Austrailia, and then we went on about how that'd actually make a cool section for AK, not Epcot... go figure. Like, a desert theme. The Nemo show would fit there too.

Something South American too.... Brazil, Peru, then again it's pretty much the same mix of native/spanish influence so it'd be Mexico all over again, at least conceptually speaking. Although it'd be cool to have somewhere where Emperor Cuzco could be used other than Coronado Springs.

That could switch off with AK too.... a Rainforest section. There's a Rainforest section but not Rainforest area, go figure. They either need to go through with Beastly Kingdom or make that place into an Amazon biodome (also my GF's suggestion. She's so smart. She needs to post more often. Yeah, I'm talking to you. I know you're reading this. Post moar!)

Mr.EPCOT

Petoria.

In all seriousness, my top choice would probably be Russia, followed by Australia, India, an African country, and a South American country.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom