If the MSEP is returning to Disneyland, what happens to Magic Happens?

brb1006

The tone does not match MK at all. DL doesn’t really shy away from the party atmosphere, but MK has always presented itself with classy grandeur that was epitomized by the likes of SpectroMagic or Wishes (HEA, as well).

PtN would be a great fit for DHS and solve the issue of fireworks in that park. PtN with Fantasmic! would be a great nighttime package just like it works with WoC. Here it would work even better, arguably, since they could schedule things to sequester F! guests from PtN guests (e.g. have PtN step off at 9 pm and show F! at 9:30 pm). That would also make people extend their vacations by a night, Bob!

View attachment 596083
Yeah, I strongly prefer the classy grandeur tone for WDW's parades and shows over DL's party atmosphere.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Or . send Paint the Night to DHS and run it with Fantasmic! Better fit there and fireworks really aren’t due to MMRR impacts.

Oddly the party music would be perfect for the 50th, though. PtN worked for the 60th and then moved to DCA, no?
MK needs a night parade. Full stop. I'd take PtN in a heartbeat at MK. Main Street needs something.

I'd also accept PtN at DHS *if* MK got its own, original nighttime parade.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
I don't want a parade in the Magic Kingdom until they fix egress. There was some talk once upon a time about a semi-themed backstage area cutting behind Main Street to get people out of the gates, but they also need to solve getting people across the lagoon faster.
Uh…they built that. They also added a second full dock to the ferry boats at each end and added second level ramp right off the boat to make the process faster.

MaryJaneP

Hey, solved multiple problems here. Daytime parade (so lights not needed), mid-afternoon (so no hub-space-saving conflict). Use mirror shards to reflect sunlight so it looks "shiny" and call it "Reflections". Incorporate/re-use audio from Disney movies and Voila-la, you have yourself a parade that costs practically nothing. Seems like a semi-win-semi-win scenario for guests and TDO. WDW can even sell new parade merch to make even more cashola.

TTA94

MK needs a night parade. Full stop. I'd take PtN in a heartbeat at MK. Main Street needs something.

I'd also accept PtN at DHS *if* MK got its own, original nighttime parade.

To bad the rumors last year died off. If they were even true to begin. After we lost (temporarily) HEA And OUAT for the disaster that is DE, MK needs something else at night now more then ever.

jrhwdw

Hope to see the day when WDW gets a nighttime parade that DL fans want, for once 🤣. Although that may have happened in the past when Spectro existed and DL did not have a light parade.
No Internet Boards in 1991, so who knows if DL fans were drooling over Spectro or still happy with MSEP still going Strong(till 1996 no less!)

Maybe they didn't care since there was no MSEP Farewell talk and DL was adding F! in 1992?

Last edited:

pdude81

One year at DL and then back to WDW!
tenor.png

Cesar R M

Well they have two Main Street bypasses available now. One semi-themed, one a complete backstage view, but they are happy to use both.
And lagoon transport is being addressed by https://www.wdwmagic.com/transporta...boat-second-level-access-testing-underway.htm
Speaking of changes to the lagoon zone.
As crowds get bigger and bigger. I imagine they will have to expand the Magic Kingdom's entrance and outer courtyard?
The amount of people that packs there is pretty large.

BeentoallDParks

I found it a little odd that MSEP is returning to Disneyland with Magic Happens having ran only 2 weeks before the closures, which had both a day and night mode.
I loved Magic Happens. But Disney really shortchanged it. Even when it was here, it was overshadowed in the publicity by the opening of Rise of the Resistance. And it’s a real shame, because MH was youthful and peppy and had fun music.

Is it my imagination, but does MH look like it has a bigger cast than MSEP, which would make it more expensive to staff?

mm52200

Speaking of changes to the lagoon zone.
As crowds get bigger and bigger. I imagine they will have to expand the Magic Kingdom's entrance and outer courtyard?
The amount of people that packs there is pretty large.
They already did that. Finished renovating that area and it reopened with the parks in July 2020

RollerCoaster

I loved Magic Happens. But Disney really shortchanged it. Even when it was here, it was overshadowed in the publicity by the opening of Rise of the Resistance. And it’s a real shame, because MH was youthful and peppy and had fun music.

Is it my imagination, but does MH look like it has a bigger cast than MSEP, which would make it more expensive to staff?
Sadly they let it sit outside in the elements and the floats have already rusted. Such a shame.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom