If the MSEP is returning to Disneyland, what happens to Magic Happens?

GimpYancIent

I feel like Magic Happens is not coming back. Covid19 killed it. I guess Disneyland doesn't want it to bring it back is maybe they're too ashamed to bring it back or maybe it's too expensive. I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but I'm not sure if Magic Happens is ever coming back.😭
Cry Crying GIF
I hope MH never comes back.

Sir_Cliff

That's the current thought, but things can change.
Well, a lot can change in a year, so I guess it remains to be seen if Magic Happens ever comes back.

Personally, I thought it looked great. I know some people online felt it was too, I don't know, edgy or something like that, but the tone seemed appropriately upbeat to me and the Moana and Coco floats were particularly impressive. The parade also looked great at night. Not sure what general guest feedback was like, but then it barely ran before it was shut down so probably too early to tell. The era when WDW got parades like that on a regular basis seems long gone.

Last edited:

Disone

Well, a lot can change in a year, so I guess it remains to be seen if Magic Happens ever comes back.

Personally, I thought it looked great. I know some people online felt it was too, I don't know, edgy or something like that, but the tone seemed appropriately upbeat to me and the Moana and Coco floats were particularly impressive. The parade also looked great at night. Not sure what general guest feedback was like, but then it barely ran before it was shut down so probably too early to tell. The era when WDW got parades like that on a regular basis seems long gone.
When did Walt Disney World ever get parades like magic happens on a regular basis?

Disneyland gets a genuinely new parade every three to five years. Walt Disney World renames their existing parade and changes the soundtrack and keeps it for Way Beyond is intended life.

To answer the original question from the OP..... both parades, the Main Street Electrical Parade and Magic happens, will co-exist just fine.

Sir_Cliff

When did Walt Disney World ever get parades like magic happens on a regular basis?
I think they did at least replace them on a regular (roughly every 2 year) basis until around the end of the 1990s. The Studios also used to get a new parade at around the same rate until the Mulan parade around the same period.

Now, it seems the big hope for a new parade is always that DL gets tired of one of its new parades and sends it over to Florida. Not sure it's ever happened, though!

SonnyEcipse

Magic Happens is coming back (or at least will be announced to be coming back) VERY soon!

Lemme explain how I found this out:

I follow this dude on insta: https://instagram.com/disway80?utm_medium=copy_link and he, as of the past few days, has been posting a few Magic Happens videos with a caption saying “Magic Happens will return when we least expect it” and so I became curious....

Funnily enough, right before I was about to comment asking if he knew something we didn’t, I looked and saw that someone already did and....

While the person who made the post didn’t respond, this dude (https://instagram.com/diamondboidisney?utm_medium=copy_link) did and based on the bio on his account, it seems like he works in Entertainment at Disney and well...

He replied to the comment saying “#comingsoon” so....

I think we got our confirmation that Magic Happens is not only returning but will be returning relatively soon!

Now it’s still uncertain as if it’s returning to DL or moving to WDW but....judging how Festival of Fantasy is returning to WDW....I’d imagine it’s coming back to Disneyland!

Last edited:

jrhwdw

Magic Happens is coming back (or at least will be announced to be coming back) VERY soon!

I follow this dude on insta: https://instagram.com/disway80?utm_medium=copy_link and he, as of the past few days, has been posting a few Magic Happens videos with a caption saying “Magic Happens will return when we least expect it” and so I became curious....

Funnily enough, right before I was about to comment asking if he knew something we didn’t, I looked and saw that someone already did and....

While the person who made the post didn’t respond, this dude (https://instagram.com/diamondboidisney?utm_medium=copy_link) did and based on the bio on his account, it seems like he works in Entertainment at Disney and well...

I think we got our confirmation that Magic Happens is not only returning but will be returning relatively soon!

Now it’s still uncertain as if it’s returning to DL or moving to WDW but....judging how Festival of Fantasy is returning to WDW....I’d imagine it’s coming back to Disneyland!
Sounds promising! I would like DPB Confirmation though. As well as Dates for the rest of DLR's Entertainment. ESP. dates for FOF/New MK Cal. since it sounds like we might only be weeks away on here......

brb1006

Keep that parade at Disneyland

Donald Dutch

Disney Stars on Parade returned today at Disneyland Paris and they reworked the music score of the opening unit to get rid of "Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah". I guess we can expect the same for FoF and Magic Happens when/if they return.

TTA94

Honestly.... I don't believe it was ever on the table to come to Florida. Nothing to see here folks.

Yeah and that parade isn’t even the one Florida needs. As far as the one Florida could use, well, from the last rumor “that” parade sounds like it’s being chopped up to keep MSEP alive. Shame.

jrhwdw

Yeah and that parade isn’t even the one Florida needs. As far as the one Florida could use, well, from the last rumor “that” parade sounds like it’s being chopped up to keep MSEP alive. Shame.
PTN?????????????? What Happened after 2019???? MSEP looked fine then! Soooo Nice that PTN isn't appreciated in this world! No PTN in HKDL is prob. COVID(Sigh!) related but still!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom