If I could improve Walt Disney World....

abreadcrumboi

Even if its the opposite. Make a dark ride that can be made into a movie. I have this great Japan /ninja boat ride or vehicle ride that would fit very well within disney.

The que can be themed to old japan. The ride could deal with ninjas and that period of japan. Sort of like pirates of the carribean . IF done right could be a great ride and made into a future movie.

If rides are original first theni think they could last longer. IF things are based off of a movie then they have a chance of becoming unpopular.

i would really like to hear about the ride u are creating

Discovery Bay

I'm thinking of constructing a Wild West Town between Wilderness Lodge abnd Fort Wilderness, similar to Wilderness Junction or Buffalo Junction or whatever it was supposed to be called? Mharrington, do you think you can help me out with attractions and restaurants because I really don't know how to procede foodwise or showise. I can only tell you that Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show from Disneyland Paris will be making its stateside dibute. Plus there will be a steam train connecting Wilderness Junction with Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness, like in the original plan. But the rest, I need help with. So once again mharrington, can you please help me out?

mharrington

I'm thinking of constructing a Wild West Town between Wilderness Lodge abnd Fort Wilderness, similar to Wilderness Junction or Buffalo Junction or whatever it was supposed to be called? Mharrington, do you think you can help me out with attractions and restaurants because I really don't know how to procede foodwise or showise. I can only tell you that Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show from Disneyland Paris will be making its stateside dibute. Plus there will be a steam train connecting Wilderness Junction with Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness, like in the original plan. But the rest, I need help with. So once again mharrington, can you please help me out?

I can't help you write now because this week I'm finishing up school. But maybe I can help after Thursday. Think you can wait till then? Is this Wilderness Junction you speak of a new idea of yours for a 5th theme park? Thus far, I can only think of one attraction for that area: the infamous Western River Expedition. Is this good to start with?

stitchcastle

Original Poster
Meet the Robinsons

Considering it's been out for a while now, have you thought of any Robinsons based additions to the parks at all?

how about an enhanced dark ride using those bubble blowers as the ride vehicle? People can sit in 6 person bubbles that will take them on a tour of Wilbur Robinson's "Todayland" and basically experience the future. But suddenly, Doris escapes once more and hi jacks the guests taking them into a time-travelling adventure where we meet dinosaurs, young wilbur, abe lincoln, and other historical figures as we chase Doris through time? The technology could be half traditional AA-dark ride, half 3d projections. And if you want it to be interactive, we can have guests looking for and shooting mini-Dorises through out history.

abreadcrumboi

how about an enhanced dark ride using those bubble blowers as the ride vehicle? People can sit in 6 person bubbles that will take them on a tour of Wilbur Robinson's "Todayland" and basically experience the future. But suddenly, Doris escapes once more and hi jacks the guests taking them into a time-travelling adventure where we meet dinosaurs, young wilbur, abe lincoln, and other historical figures as we chase Doris through time? The technology could be half traditional AA-dark ride, half 3d projections. And if you want it to be interactive, we can have guests looking for and shooting mini-Dorises through out history.

i like it .. i would keep the interactive part out... it doesnt sound like it really fits the ride story

Discovery Bay

There are going to be no rides at Fort Wilderness Jucntion. It wil be a Wild West Town with shops and restaurants. In fact, here's something from ABS Consultants that talks about the original Wilderness Junction.

Disney's Wilderness Lodge is a western-period lodge designed to embrace the Spirit of the West in the late 1800s. The Lodge design was developed from several Western National Park Service Lodges to include Yellowstone and Yosemite. The total project consisted of approximately 500,000 square feet of lodging, retail and restaurants. The Junction involved six buildings consisting of 690 rooms, retail, saloons, dance hall, etc., served by a central heating and cooling plant. The Lodge is approximately 500,000 sf in a single structure consisting of eight stories with 725 rooms, two period restaurants, employee cafeteria, and back-of-house services to include housekeeping, administrative, landscaping, and building engineering services. A nearby replica western town, Fort Wilderness Junction, connected by a steam train was originally incorporated into the design. It was later removed from the primary project.

It's going to be just like what was described above. So can somebody please help me with restauarant ideas and shop ideas?

mharrington

There are going to be no rides at Fort Wilderness Jucntion. It wil be a Wild West Town with shops and restaurants. In fact, here's something from ABS Consultants that talks about the original Wilderness Junction.

Disney's Wilderness Lodge is a western-period lodge designed to embrace the Spirit of the West in the late 1800s. The Lodge design was developed from several Western National Park Service Lodges to include Yellowstone and Yosemite. The total project consisted of approximately 500,000 square feet of lodging, retail and restaurants. The Junction involved six buildings consisting of 690 rooms, retail, saloons, dance hall, etc., served by a central heating and cooling plant. The Lodge is approximately 500,000 sf in a single structure consisting of eight stories with 725 rooms, two period restaurants, employee cafeteria, and back-of-house services to include housekeeping, administrative, landscaping, and building engineering services. A nearby replica western town, Fort Wilderness Junction, connected by a steam train was originally incorporated into the design. It was later removed from the primary project.

It's going to be just like what was described above. So can somebody please help me with restauarant ideas and shop ideas?

So in other words, the Junction is basically a Western version of Downtown Disney? As of late, I can only think of a main general store as an idea for a store. But I can't quite think of a name, though.

mharrington

Oh, yeah, I just thought up another way to improve WDW: namely, expanding the monorail track all over the resort with stations at all theme parks and at most resorts and creating several mini-Transportation and Ticket Centers to connect them together. This will go with the introduction to WDW of the Mark VIII Monorails. Oh, and as for the main Transportation and Ticket Center (with the monorail tracks for the Magic Kingdom area and another set going to Epcot), it will be enlarged big time and become an attraction in itself, with shopping and dining entities, complete with a pricey restaurant with an outdoor eating deck, perfect at night for the viewing of MK's fireworks. The T&TC will also resemble a 1940s art deco-type airport (but w/o airplanes, of course). I think I will rename the station to the WDW Central Station.

S.E.A.

Oh, yeah, I just thought up another way to improve WDW: namely, expanding the monorail track all over the resort with stations at all theme parks and at most resorts and creating several mini-Transportation and Ticket Centers to connect them together. This will go with the introduction to WDW of the Mark VIII Monorails. Oh, and as for the main Transportation and Ticket Center (with the monorail tracks for the Magic Kingdom area and another set going to Epcot), it will be enlarged big time and become an attraction in itself, with shopping and dining entities, complete with a pricey restaurant with an outdoor eating deck, perfect at night for the viewing of MK's fireworks. The T&TC will also resemble a 1940s art deco-type airport (but w/o airplanes, of course). I think I will rename the station to the WDW Central Station.

didn't stitchcastle already thought of something like that?

Kingdom WDW

If I could improve WDW? Hmm....

-Stop this Western Way and Four Seasons stuff. Come on, you could have done better than that! Oh, and if you even think that the Four Seasons will be the flagship WDW hotel, you will drive me to craziness.
-Stop outsourcing. Nobody does it like Disney.
-Completley overhaul Tomorrowland. I'm going to start a thread about my newest civillian Imagineer project: Tomorrowland 3.5
-Remove the Sorcerer Hat and Wand
-Bring back classic attractions such as Horizons.
-Put in new pavillions at WS such as the East Africa pavillion or an Australian pavillion. Also, put rides in the pavillions like the Rhine River Ride in Germany.
-Put the Beastly Kingdomme in the Animal Kingdom
-Restructure the Disney company so it is more about the Guest, not the income.

mharrington

If I could improve WDW? Hmm....

-Stop this Western Way and Four Seasons stuff. Come on, you could have done better than that! Oh, and if you even think that the Four Seasons will be the flagship WDW hotel, you will drive me to craziness.
-Stop outsourcing. Nobody does it like Disney.
-Completley overhaul Tomorrowland. I'm going to start a thread about my newest civillian Imagineer project: Tomorrowland 3.5
-Remove the Sorcerer Hat and Wand
-Bring back classic attractions such as Horizons.
-Put in new pavillions at WS such as the East Africa pavillion or an Australian pavillion. Also, put rides in the pavillions like the Rhine River Ride in Germany.
-Put the Beastly Kingdomme in the Animal Kingdom
-Restructure the Disney company so it is more about the Guest, not the income.

Yeah, I love most of those ideas. But in the cast of Rhine Rive Ride, I would make it a river rapids ride like Kali River Rapids. And instead of calling it Beastly Kingdom, how about calling it Figment's Mythologia, hosted by the famed purple dragon from Epcot? This proposed area of AK is about mythological animals, right? So why not have someone who is already a mythological creature host it?

And definitely restructure Disney as a whole for more guests than cash. I learned on a TV show I like that if you want to make it big, you have to spend big.

DisneyNut2007

3. Enchanted Tiki Room: I will definitely do something right here: Iago and Zazu will get the old heave-ho and the entire original 1963 show will return. The pre-show area replaces William and Morris with two new birds, an orange one and a blue one. The orange one is named Clyde and he's speak with a Southern accent while his blue partner is named Claude and speaks with a British accent.

This is one idea that I totally do not agree with.

People like you should know better--the old Tiki show left WDW because it wasn't popular anymore.

So, leave the Under New Management show alone.:mad:

mharrington

This is one idea that I totally do not agree with.

People like you should know better--the old Tiki show left WDW because it wasn't popular anymore.

So, leave the Under New Management show alone.:mad:

What for? I actually like the old version best. I think the new show kinda makes a mockery of the old show. Plus, I don't think it's any more popular now than it was then. What's more, the old show is just a classic. So sorry, but the new show has to go. I don't like it a whole lot.

DisneyNut2007

What for? I actually like the old version best. I think the new show kinda makes a mockery of the old show.

It does not make a mockery of the old show. It's just Disney poking fun at themselves, something that everybody does every now and again.

So, lighten up and don't be so selfish!:mad:

Where's Enderikari when you need him...

mharrington

It does not make a mockery of the old show. It's just Disney poking fun at themselves, something that everybody does every now and again.

So, lighten up and don't be so selfish!:mad:

Where's Enderikari when you need him...

I'm not being selfish. I just don't like that show. I think the crowds would be much more appreciative if it were its old self again. I wonder if anyone was as outraged with the new show as they were Mr. Toad was removed in favor of Pooh.

And who is Enderikari?

S.E.A.

Yeah, I love most of those ideas. But in the cast of Rhine Rive Ride, I would make it a river rapids ride like Kali River Rapids. And instead of calling it Beastly Kingdom, how about calling it Figment's Mythologia, hosted by the famed purple dragon from Epcot? This proposed area of AK is about mythological animals, right? So why not have someone who is already a mythological creature host it?

And definitely restructure Disney as a whole for more guests than cash. I learned on a TV show I like that if you want to make it big, you have to spend big.

Why make the Rhine River ride a rapids style attraction? a) Kali already exists, b) why does it always have to be a thrill attraction?

and why put Figment in a park other than EPCOT? Figment isn't exactly big enough a character to focus an entire land in Animal Kingdom around. Besides, the original plans for Beastly Kingdomme were perfect enough as they were. It would only make it really cheesy if you add such a cartoony character like Figment and make him the focus of the land, i mean AK's Africa isn't ruled by Timon and Pumbaa.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom