If I could improve Walt Disney World....

mharrington

Why make the Rhine River ride a rapids style attraction? a) Kali already exists, b) why does it always have to be a thrill attraction?

and why put Figment in a park other than EPCOT? Figment isn't exactly big enough a character to focus an entire land in Animal Kingdom around. Besides, the original plans for Beastly Kingdomme were perfect enough as they were. It would only make it really cheesy if you add such a cartoony character like Figment and make him the focus of the land, i mean AK's Africa isn't ruled by Timon and Pumbaa.

Well, where Epcot is concerned, I think we need a new thrill ride. The only true thrill rides Epcot has are A) Test Track and B) Mission: Space. Furthermore, there is no real water rides to get you real wet. To me, Maelstrom is more like Pirates where level of wetness is concerned. What Epcot needs is a good wet water ride like Kali River Rapids.

In terms of AK, who is the main mascot here? I just like the idea of Figment gracing another park besides just Epcot.

michael92

hi

hello how r u im a newbiee. i was reading your posts and i also want to become an imagineer, and stitch you really have VERY good ideas, it even gives me a "healthy envy :p do you work out these ideas all by yurself in a short period of time? if so, you can easily become an imagineer, really..
hope that you answer
bye

BiggerTigger

Funny, I was at the State Fair yesterday and watching my neice on the bumper cars and thought that this would be neat to create a dark ride. One could drive through bumping into things on a set course. I don't know for sure, I thought it would be neat trying to avoid things popping out and bumping you. :shrug:

michael92

idea

well since no one has posted anyhting, ill talk about an idea i had, i had thught about an amazon log flume ride (yeah, i know.. stitchcastle thought the same) but instead of being slow this ride would have been dark and scary, u know, like a thrill ride for teens and adults, where you begin by going "illegaly" fishing in this river, and all goes wrong, then you are trapped in the "turbulent" part of the river, then the log could probably be on a track, u know, like the final part of journey to atlantis and then in the river again an anaconda (a massive AA that suddenly comes out of the water) would start chasing you until you dropped down a big, big waterfall (niagara-falls like).. im thinking 90 feet, to top the jurassic park ride in IOA. then, lesson learned: dont mess w/nature..
i hadnt thought of a pirahna attack, but that would be a cool addition.. your thoughts?

stitchcastle

Original Poster
hey guys! I'm back for now since it's a holiday ^_^

hey michael, cool idea you got there for the Amazon flume ride although I'm not sure about villain-izing the guests right at the beginning by making them fishing illegally by default. You could start it out with an innocent tour, or you could have a guide who is secretly fishing illegally. ^_^

anyway I was watching Pocahontas a few minutes ago and I realized that the coloring and lighting in that movie could really lend itself well to an abbreviated broadway-like show for Disney's Hollywood Studios (which from what I've read, is actually going to be the official name now! yay!)

I was thinking about turning the Hollywood Hills Amphitheater into a really for real theater just like the Hyperion in California. And it would showcase broadway caliber abbreviated versions of some of the Disney Canon's great musical films like Pocahontas, the Hunchback of Notre Dame (directly lifting the German theater version), or even the original roadshow version of the Tarzan Musical. It would also be a great way to test concepts for actual Disney Theatrical Broadway shows.

also, if you tie these in with my previous ideas of having a hotel at the Studios as well as having it double as a school for the arts, it would be easy to have the hotel guests attend special exclusive shows at the theater and even have the students at the school perform on the shows.

stitchcastle

Original Poster
I was brainstomring about EPCOT and I thought about elaborating on the Natural Disasters Pavillion which would be presented as an institution focusing on the safety and response to natural disasters be it hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, volcanoes, tsunamis, all of them, it could even be sponsored by the Red Cross.

The main attraction in this pavillion is Violent Earth, which is a colossal Natural Disaster simulator wherein guests strap themselves inside a giant dome and basically have all heck lose on them.

other attractions could include a dark ride that goes inside an aquatic volcano to study seismic activities.

I was also considering that this pavillion could replace The Seas with Nemo and Friends once the Oceania section of Disney's Animal Kingdom opens.

as for World Showcase, I was brainstorming about a "World Parade" that would feature all of the countries of the world and showcasing how all of the cultures blend into each other. It would be divided by six main floats representing the Six inhabited continents: North America, South America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Oceania/Australia. While the parade is going on, various barges could also parade around World Showcase Lagoon as Illuminations' Earth Globe spins victoriously in the center. (great way to bring out the Globe before Illuminations everyday)

The Parade could be kicked off by Africa (the cradle of life) where an ancient African tribesman would foretell of the wonders his world is to accomplish. and from there would be a sort of Safari of countries illustrated by vibrant colors and masks and puppets that slowly transition into Egyptian art and culture that then turns into the cultures of Asia headed by the Chinese and then the Japanese that then winds itself towards the northern, colder regions that turn into European culture until the age of the conquistadors that set sail towards the new world where the South American cultures travel by raft to the polynesian islands and into New Zealand and then towards the Aborigines of Australia bringing the prophecy to a triumphant finale (the african shaman and the aboriginal elder were both doing the same prophecy)

KingMickey

In the Parks
Yes
Great ideas stitchcastle! I really like the idea of having an actual Broadway styled theater with Broadway quality shows. It really gives the Studios more of a musical feel to it. And I'm glad to see you posting again!!

michael92

i also think the pocahontas show would be a good idea, since it has a lot of potential but unfortunately the only thing we get is the pocahontas show in Ak, that is not so great.... and cool idea for the parade. wouldnt it be cool that every continent would feature also disney characters.. for example south america with the characters of the emperor's new groove

and for disneys hollywood, wouldnt it be cool that instead of buildind a theatre they could build a zone themed to broadway? or maybe just redesign sunset boulevard so it could be the broadway of disneys hollywood, where a lot of musicals would be shown and even turkey-leg sellers would be dressed as newyorker people from the 20s, 30s, 70s.. i dunno what year.. just a wild idea

comics101

The Parade could be kicked off by Africa (the cradle of life) where an ancient African tribesman would foretell of the wonders his world is to accomplish. and from there would be a sort of Safari of countries illustrated by vibrant colors and masks and puppets that slowly transition into Egyptian art and culture that then turns into the cultures of Asia headed by the Chinese and then the Japanese that then winds itself towards the northern, colder regions that turn into European culture until the age of the conquistadors that set sail towards the new world where the South American cultures travel by raft to the polynesian islands and into New Zealand and then towards the Aborigines of Australia bringing the prophecy to a triumphant finale (the african shaman and the aboriginal elder were both doing the same prophecy)

You'd better get a job with WDI Someday! This just sounds waaaaaaaaaaaaay too Cool! I LOVE IT!!!

stitchcastle

Original Poster
and for disneys hollywood, wouldnt it be cool that instead of buildind a theatre they could build a zone themed to broadway? or maybe just redesign sunset boulevard so it could be the broadway of disneys hollywood, where a lot of musicals would be shown and even turkey-leg sellers would be dressed as newyorker people from the 20s, 30s, 70s.. i dunno what year.. just a wild idea

Yeah i was thinking about that a lot too, I thought about turning all of The Streets Of America Backlot into New York, sort of like Time's Square. and then every night there would be a huge "Streettacular" that showcases some of Broadway's greatest hits all set to the story of a girls rise to fame as a broadway star. (I think it was in an earlier post here somewhere but I thought about it being the sequel or the second act of the Movies inspired "Lights Camera Dreams!" show for the main plaza of the park)

I really love the idea of having a zone in the park dedicated to Broadway, we could even fill it with streetmosphere performers who just suddenly break out into song (accompanied by music that is yielded by a strategically designed sound system for that area) you could have cast members singing about cleaning up or stage someone getting a parking ticket and begging the cop to ignore it in song, It would just be really magical to walk around and just see people dancing and singing for little things. heck, even the Turkey Leg sellers could sing! ^_^

oh and thanks comics101!

michael92

yeah thats a great idea :sohappy:.. if i eeeever get to WDI, im sure i will see you there!
you know, big changes are coming to disney's hollywood. ive read abot a pixar place and lucas land. and my ideas are that this "pixar place" takes a whole avenue, and in the entrance we see a big lamp "pixar stile" to announce that you are entering pixar place, this avenue would be filled with dark rides from the pixar movies, among them toy story mania! and the long rumored spinning coaster, and in the end of the avenue we could see a big painting "streets-of-america"-like with the letters hollywood on it, and from all sides pixar characters (u know, like all the pixar characters mocking up the hollywood sign).. thus the place could also be home of the wit and humour in my opinion necesary to disneys hollywood, the place could be full of living characters inititives (like muppet mobile lab) making fun all day, and there could be a ratatouille restaurant and an incredibles e-ticket.. if u want i could give my ideas for the e-ticket and the restaurant later.. unfortunately, i cant draw.. so my ideas as i picture them cant make it off my head :cry: what do you think? good or boring?

KingMickey

In the Parks
Yes
I thought that it would be really cool if they put a Broadway theater (similar to DCA'S Hyperion Theater) on the Streets of America, to emphasize the feel of New York. It'd be fun if they showcased Aladdin or a new, better version of Beauty and the Beast there. And it would be totally amazing if they actually used the sets and costumes from the Broadway production of Beauty and the Beast!:sohappy:

MathewGW

Hey stichcastle - love your ideas mate.

Would it be too much to ask for a quick recap of the improvements made to the parks, for people who are new and havn't read the whole lot?

stitchcastle

Original Poster
thanks Matthew! i'll try to post one tomorrow if I have time, but it's gonna be a cliffs notes version since it's all gotten huge ever since I started so much so that I can't even remember all of them ^_^

stitchcastle

Original Poster
Oh wow, I found this old recap from somewhere in teh thread ^_^ i'll put in quick descriptions of the new attractions and improvements here:

For those new to the thread here is a quick recap of what the new WDW is made of starting with the northern most part of the resort in what is called the "Disneyland" Area:

**The Magic Kingdom**

"Step Into A World of Fantasy. Filled with Ten Lands of Timeless Fun"

-The changes to the Magic Kingdom will be quite significant from major land additions to complete makeovers. The attractions with bold stars are the new/modified ones and explanations of which can be located through out the thread. :)

=main street, u.s.a=
*Walt Disney World Railroad
*Main Street Vehicles
*The Magic Kingdom Parade

=adventureland= - largely expanded to accommodate the new adventure island area
*Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse
*The Enchanted Tiki Room Under New Management
=The Great Jungle Expedition - The Jungle Cruise meets Kilimanjaro Safaris with two rival safari companies bickering amidst the looming threat of temple robbers
=Fire Mountain - A scientist attempts to harness the power of a Volcano in this thrilling morphing roller-coaster.
=Pirates of the Caribbean - vastly improved and more resembles the Disneyland Paris version. (including brand new show building, located on an island)
=Expedition: Robinson - dark ride about a family stranded on a wondrous deserted island. (think Lost meets the Incredibles)
=Adventure Island - large play area themed to both the Pirates of the Caribbean and the Robinson Family

=Critter Country=
*Splash Mountain
=Chanticleer's Reprise - dark ride about the adventures of a very musical Rooster and his fight against a very sinister Fox (based on un-made Disney Feature)
=Home on the Range: A Moo-sical - the title says it all
=Pooh's Hunny Hunt - straight from Tokyo Disneyland
=Hunny Tree Swingers - A swing style attraction where guests become honorary bees and protect the Hunny Tree from invading yet silly old bears.
*Country Bear Jamboree

=frontierland=
*Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - relocated further north of its current location (to separate itself from Critter Country) and largely expanded
=Davy Crockett's Wild West Shootout - show
=Woody's Round-Up - musical street-mosphere show
=Frontierland Mule Tours - the title says it all
=Geyser Mountain - a free-fall ride located inside a once dormant Geyser
=Western River Expedition - Pirates of The Caribbean, Western Style.
=The Sailing Ship Columbia
=Bambi: Prince of the Forest - dark ride
=Grandmother Willow's Grove - large inter-active theater show and play-ducation area where a large AA Grandmother Willow tells stories about nature and the forest.

=sleepy hollow=
=The Legend of Sleepy Hollow - dark ride
=Ichabod Crane's House - walk-in tour
=The Sanderson Witches' House - streetmosphere musical featuring Witches from Hocus Pocus

=liberty square=
*The Hall of Presidents
*Liberty Belle Riverboat
*The Haunted Mansion

=fantasyland= - features a huge facelift that divides it into 3 main areas
*It's a Small World
*Peter Pan's Flight
=The Daring Adventures of Pinocchio - straight from Anaheim
*Snow White's Scary Adventures
=Kiki's Delivery Service - dark ride from the Hayao Miyazaki film
=The Enchanted Story of Beauty and The Beast - Live Animatronic show reminiscent of the Enchanted Tikki Room
=Mr. Toad's Wild Ride - a classic returns
=Alice in Wonderland - straight from Anaheim
=Alice's Curious Labyrinth - straight from Paris
*Mad Hatter's Mad Tea Party
*Cinderella's Royal Carousel
=Monsters Inc. Laugh Factory - Monstroplis' monsters have set up shop in Fantasyland Faire to delvier laughs to audience, but when they fail miserably, an escaped Randall goes back to the old days of scaring, it's now up to the faith and humor of the audience to save Monstropolis. believe it or not when i thought of this the laugh floor has yet to be announced or even rumoured about.
=Silly Symphonies Fun House - dark ride featuring old Walt Disney shorts
=Dumbo the Flying Elephant - bigger and higher
*Kingdom Hearts (coming soon) - a 3-way dark ride in the vein of Pooh's Hunny Hunt

=the enchanted forest=
=Spirited Away - a 2 way dark ride dividing children and parents and having the kids save their parents from being pigs.
=Tinkerbell's Light Magic - a Circle-vision 3-d film featuring a fairy initiation ceremony.
=Bald Mountain - a flume ride with the Disney villains

=winterland=
=The Enchanted Snow Palace - Small World style flume ride through the Arctic Kingdom of the Snow Queen
=The Snow Queen's Sleigh Rides - A-ticket
=The Snow Palace Carousel - the name says it all

=hogsmeade= <obsolete, after the Universal purchase. This land would have been accesed by a special train in the Fantasyland Station>
=Flatform 9 3/4
=The Whomping Willow
=The Legend Of Harry Potter

=mickey's toontown= <obsolete, I've decided to move Toontown into Disney's Hollywood Studios instead>
=Cars!
*Donald's Boat
*The Barnstormer
=Roger Rabbit's Car-toon Spin
=The Powerpuff Girls Save the Day!
=Ludwig Von Drake's Laboratory
=Duckberg Duck Tours

=tomorrowland=
=Space Mountain - refurbished and with one of the tracks having a loop
*Tomorrowland Transit Authority
*Astro Orbiter
=Stitch's Great Escape: The Whole Story - the original attraction with a new Dark Ride attached as a second act where guests act as intergalactic observers
*Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
*The Carousel of Progress
=Flying Saucers - think bumper cars on air
=Jumba's Galactic Musical Revue - Animatronic musical show with aliens
=Sputnik's Big Adventure - a Spider-man style attraction involving a kid superhero in the future.

=*Nighttime Entertainment*=
=Fantasmic! - relocated from the Studios with a new Pirates of the Caribbean battle scene replacing the Pocahontas sequence, among others changes.
=Cinderellabration: Lights of Romance - castle forecourt stage show held nightly
=Kingdom of Dreams: nighttime spectacular - new fireworks show (deluxe version)
=Wishes! A Symphony of Dreams Come True - new fireworks show

=Magic Kingdom Area Resorts=
*Disney's Contemporary Resort
*Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa
*Disney's Polynesian Resort
*Disney's Wilderness Lodge
*The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
*Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort and Campgrounds
=Disney's Wilderness Junction

**Port Disney**

"Where adventure and imagination set sail to new worlds of discovery"

-The 5th WDW theme park, Port Disney is the long awaited american version of Tokyo DisneySea and acts as a complimentary park to MK.

=port disney entrance plaza=
*The Aquasphere

=mediterranean harbour=
*Venetian Gondolas
*Fortress Explorations
*Porto Paradiso Water Carnival

=american waterfront= (divided between New York and San Fransisco)
*Sail Away
*Port Disney Electric Railway
=Manhattan Motor Mania - a dark ride that takes you through the dawn of the automobile craze
=Cops and Robbers Chase - a dueling wild mouse coaster between cops and escaped convicts.
=Showcase of Nautical Marvels - a "fun house" style ride located inside the SS Columbia
=Kongfrontation - An advanced dark ride that puts you right inside the classic film King Kong
=The Island At The Top of the World - an inverted monorail is disguised as a derigible to take you to the farthest corners of the arctic.

=mysterious island=
*Journey to the Center of the Earth
=20,000 Leagues Under the Sea - a giant simulator ride that lets guests go face to face with a giant squid
=Mysteries of the Nautilus - a walk-through attraction

=port discovery=
=StormChasers - a centrifuge ride that lets guests become field agents for weather control.
*Aquatopia
=Discovery Mountain: From the Earth to the Moon - straight from Disneyland Paris

=lost river delta=
=Indiana Jones Adventures: Temple of the Scarlet Diamond - A massive EMV ride that is a cross between Disneyland and Tokyo's Indy rides.
=Indiana Jones Adventures: The Lost Expedition - A roller coaster similar to the one in Temple of Doom.
*Raging Spirits: The Altars of Fire and Water
*Mystic Rhythms
*Musicians of Lost River
*Tree People
*Lost River Monkeys
=The Emperor's New Ride - Flume ride featuring characters from the Emperor's New Groove

=mermaid lagoon=
*Scuttle's Scooters
*Flounder's Flying Fish Coaster
*Blowfish Balloon Race
*Jumpin' Jellyfish
*The Whirlpool
*Ariels' Playground
*Ariel's Greeting Grotto
=The EAC - A wild mouse coaster similar to Crush' Turtle Coaster
=Mr. Ray's Reef School - an interactive show in the spirit of Crush Turtle Talk
=Voyage of the Little Mermaid - a seven minute dark ride based on the movie.

=castaway cove=
=Pirate Mountain - Pirates of the Carribbean flume ride based on the mythologies of the movies.
=Jack Sparrow's Secret Island - elaborate play area
=Island Hoppers Playground - play area
=Muppet Treasure Island - a pirates style flume ride with the Muppets.

=arabian coast=
*Magic Lamp Theater
=Genie's 1001 Arabian Nights - a large scale broadway production using 3D effects, audio-animatronics and many more.
*Sindbad's Seven Voyages
*Caravan Carousel
=Tales of the Cave of Wonders - dark ride based on Aladdin
*Desert Wind Players
*Farook and his Talking Camel

=nighttime entertainment=
*Blazing Rhythms
=Disneysea! A Nighttime Extravaganza
=Fantasia

=Port Disney Area Resorts=
*Disney's Grand Venetian Resort

and here is a quick list of the new hotels in all of WDW:
*Disney's Hollywood Resort (MGM)
*Disney's Amazon Towers Resort (DAK)
*Disney's Asian Resort (DAK)
*Disney's World Showcase Hotel (EPCOT)
*Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel (DTD/MGM)

well i gotta run now, i'll post the others and update this one tomorrow

comics101

Hey, Stitchcastle,
Have you ever considered adding Elvis Presley to the parks? I think it could be awesome to have some sort of attraction involving "The King" in the parks, and would love to see what you can come up with!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom