If I could improve Walt Disney World....

MathewGW

Both are good, I'd go for the 007 theme, a bit more action style rather than Shirley Bassey, but that's just me. Either one would work very nicely.

Before you get to the Bond anamatronics, you could have a screen on the other side of the room showing the gun sight/bond shoots bit

mharrington

Both are good, I'd go for the 007 theme, a bit more action style rather than Shirley Bassey, but that's just me. Either one would work very nicely.

Before you get to the Bond anamatronics, you could have a screen on the other side of the room showing the gun sight/bond shoots bit

Here's an idea: let's use the Bond theme when you see the Bond screen and the Goldfinger music for the Goldfinger scene.

mharrington

Getting back temporarily to the updated Fantasia scene for the Great Movie Ride. I'm thinking of having three segments from the movie. I know for a fact that one of the three scenes will be "The Sorcerer's Apprentice", represented by an AA of Mickey. Here's an image of what the Mickey figure will look like:

http://www.tdrfan.com/tdl/fantasyland/mickey_mouse_revue/revue_06.jpg

It's actually from the old Mickey Mouse Revue. But I'm told Mickey is 42 inches high in that show and has 33 different functions! As the molds used to create the Seven Dwarfs seen in that attraction were later reused to create the Dwarfs seen in the updated WDW Snow White ride, so the mold used to create Mickey for that attraction will be reused to create Mickey for the Great Movie Ride, albeit wearing the trademark sorcerer costume. If you looked at the picture and can picture that Mickey wearing the sorcerer costume, then you pretty much have an idea of what to expect in the Fantasia scene of the Great Movie Ride.

Now, I'm actually having some difficulty deciding what the other two film segments should be used to represent Fantasia. I'm thinking of "The Nutcracker Suite" (represented by the fairies from the "Waltz of the Flowers" segment and the mushrooms from the "Chinese Dance" segment) and "Dance of the Hours" (represented by a hippo and an alligator, with the latter spinning the former from his fingertips, a la the SpectroMagic float; looks something like this: http://spectromagic.com.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/fantasia1.jpg.w180h173.jpg. Of course, that's just my opinion; maybe you can think of other scenes to be used that would be better.

Also, what should the scenery look like? Can anyone think of anything? Last but not least, what should the music be?

mharrington

3. The Changing Skies: This is a brand new pavilion themed to the sky and different types of weather. It will be situated between IMAGINATION! and The Land. The featured attractions are as follows:
--StormRider: This ride is identical to the ride at Tokyo DisneySea in Japan. Here, the Center for Weather Control has recently developed a "Storm Diffusion Device", a new apparatus that is detonated in the center of powerful storms and dissipates their energy. As there happens to be a mammoth hurricane approaching Future World at the moment, guests at the CWC are invited to board one of the Center's flying weather laboratories and observe a mission to test one of the new "Fuses" by delivering it right to the center of the storm!
--Weatherific: A mad scientist, his new invention, bolts of lightning, ominous clouds and sheets of rain... the set of a new horror flick? No! It's just the set-up for the hilarious Weatherific! special effects show! Join Professor Sirius and his crazy assistant, Ray, as they display the many different faces of Mother Nature in this hilarious show.
--WeatherWorks: As close as you'll ever get to actually riding a cloud! These interactive labs serve as the core educational resource for our EPCOT Center pavilion. Stimulating, mind-boggling, and a heck of a lot of fun all at the same time!

I found a script for the Weatherific show:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showpost.php?p=229135&postcount=1
. What do you think?

figmntal95

You sure Mule Trail will work out? One of the big reasons the Disneyland one was taken down even before the rest of Nature's Wonderland was that Mules weren't too cooperative. It could still work as a Mine Train through Nature's Wonderland style train ride though or be incorporated into Rainbow Mountain(if you are still using it).

There used to be a really funny line from that mule thing. it was: " Hold On To Your Hats. Or Else The Mule Will Eat It."

abreadcrumboi

1. Mad Tea Party: Just as Tokyo Disneyland's teacups had been redone to echo Disneyland Paris' look, Florida's teacups will be redesigned so that they echo Disneyland's design. At the same time, the canopy roof will be redesigned from a simple medieval tent to a glass one, like the one in France, only here each pane will be a different color, like stained glass.

I was thinking that this ride could have giant teapots added to it and guests would try to avoid the "tea" that would spill from the teapot's spout... it would add a new twist to the ride

mharrington

I was thinking that this ride could have giant teapots added to it and guests would try to avoid the "tea" that would spill from the teapot's spout... it would add a new twist to the ride

Maybe there could be "steam" spewing from the spout of the pot in the middle of the table. In reality, it's mist, perfect for on a hot day. What do you think of that?

FigmentJedi

Whole movie kinda screams Tommorowland addition. I personally had in mind for it to replace the old Skyway building or the Galaxy Palace. Maybe base the facade on the Robinsons Industries HQ.

mharrington

Whole movie kinda screams Tommorowland addition. I personally had in mind for it to replace the old Skyway building or the Galaxy Palace. Maybe base the facade on the Robinsons Industries HQ.

I know what you mean, but how could we fit a ride like this in there physically? Unless, of course, we scrapped the Speedway? Even then, I'm not entirely sure.

Besides, I haven't seen the movie, so I can't decide what to do.

FigmentJedi

Besides, I haven't seen the movie, so I can't decide what to do.

Well, try and see if you can while its still in theaters or even attempt to find a theater nearby with 3-D. You're talking to someone whose seen it three times and is still obsessed. Poking at people to see it has kind of been my "We're going to Candy Mountain" thing over the last few weeks.
But yeah, knocking out the Speedway would work for a large dark ride space, though I think a newer-gen simulator ride would work well for a "time machine misadventure" based attraction. Could even pattern it loosely after the old Back to the Future ride at Universal with a race through time to stop villain interference with the past (Bowler Hat Guy or someone else. Look at the video game and it seems a few of Lewis' classmates becoming villains in the future).

Either way, what I'd really want to do as an alternative to the Robinson Industries setting would probably be actually being invited into the Robinsons' home with the queue going throughout the house and into the garage to board the time machines.

mharrington

Well, try and see if you can while its still in theaters or even attempt to find a theater nearby with 3-D. You're talking to someone whose seen it three times and is still obsessed. Poking at people to see it has kind of been my "We're going to Candy Mountain" thing over the last few weeks.
But yeah, knocking out the Speedway would work for a large dark ride space, though I think a newer-gen simulator ride would work well for a "time machine misadventure" based attraction. Could even pattern it loosely after the old Back to the Future ride at Universal with a race through time to stop villain interference with the past (Bowler Hat Guy or someone else. Look at the video game and it seems a few of Lewis' classmates becoming villains in the future).

Either way, what I'd really want to do as an alternative to the Robinson Industries setting would probably be actually being invited into the Robinsons' home with the queue going throughout the house and into the garage to board the time machines.

Well, I doubt I will be able to see it in theaters (we just have no present plans to do so), but maybe when it comes out on video?

majortom1981

hmm

I Wish they would do more non movie related stuff.

Even if its the opposite. Make a dark ride that can be made into a movie. I have this great Japan /ninja boat ride or vehicle ride that would fit very well within disney.

The que can be themed to old japan. The ride could deal with ninjas and that period of japan. Sort of like pirates of the carribean . IF done right could be a great ride and made into a future movie.

If rides are original first theni think they could last longer. IF things are based off of a movie then they have a chance of becoming unpopular.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom