If I could improve Walt Disney World....

mharrington

what about soarin' over the world?

Well, if we were to rename it to "...the World", we'd have to completely gut the pavilion again and relocate the ride to World Showcase. Besides, what's wrong with Florida? Is the California movie mostly about rugged hills?

S.E.A.

Well, if we were to rename it to "...the World", we'd have to completely gut the pavilion again and relocate the ride to World Showcase. Besides, what's wrong with Florida? Is the California movie mostly about rugged hills?

Florida is one of the least geographically interesting states in the US. Claifornia's Soarin' is so interesting is because of just how diverse the geography is, from mountains, to forests, to desserts, to rocky cliffs it's just a great variety...Florida is just flat.

mharrington

Okay, maybe Florida is not one of the most geographically interesting locations in the USA. However, there are all kinds of things there: beaches, swamps, golf courses, maybe a trip down the Daytona 500 track. Just because geography isn't very significant doesn't mean it's not a good location.

mharrington

I've just thought up a few more Studios additions:

1. Animagic: A brand-new Disney character show based on Animagique found at Walt Disney Studios Paris.
2. Cinemagic: Another show from France, all about the history of movies.
3. Whose Line Is It, Anyway?: Do It!: To go into the old Superstar Television location will be this new show based on the show Whose Line Is It, Anyway? Here, four guests chosen from the audience can partake in creating characters, scenes or songs on the spot based on audience suggestions or pre-written prompts from the host. The show takes the form of a fake game show where the host arbitrarily assigns points and chooses a "winner" at the end of each episode.. It's all the fun of the original show without Drew Carey!
4. Sounds Like Fun: A new sound attraction replacing Sounds Dangerous, done more in the style of the original Monster Sound Show.

So what do you think? C'mon, don't you have any ideas?

mharrington

The Epcot improvements are sort of a way to sort of bring some old attractions out of retirement: new versions of the old JII and World of Motion will be created. Even a new version of Magic Journeys will come in and a new ImageWorks.

mharrington

Sorry for the long delay, but here's some ideas for...

ANIMAL KINGDOM

Discovery Island
1. Menagerie Carousel: This is a double-decker carousel featuring animals from all over the world.

Latin America
A whole new land for Animal Kingdom! Some of these ideas are copied from stitchcastle. Just thought I'd give the heads-up.
1. Raging Spirits: This attraction from Tokyo DisneySea comes to Florida!
2. Amazon River Adventure: Take a rattan boat raft ride through the famed Amazon river and marvel at the beauty of the many birds who call this land home, come encounter and actually touch the elusive pink dolphin, play around with the slow Sloth, watch out for the lurking jaguar and have a harrowing experience with the deadly Piranha.
3. The Legend of the Snake God: Explore an ancient temple dedicated to the world's largest snake but you're warned not to go too deep as the ancient Snake God doesn't take kindly to strangers. This intense innovative new coaster type attraction combines the thrills of roller coasters and the experience of EMVs as you go through an ancient temple and anger the sinister Snake God. Trouble starts as soon as you trap yourself inside the sacrificial chamber and the walls reveal thousands of snakes slowly slithering towards you. Things don't get any better when you race through an old mine and are pursued by an angry giant anaconda and are ultimately wrapped in its coils ready for feeding. Will you escape?! Find out at this new E-ticket attraction.

Figment's Mythtopia
This is a new name I've thought up for that wet dream of all AK fans, Beastlie Kingdomme! This is the place where you can meet mythical beasts of all kinds. And it's hosted by Epcot's purple dragon, Figment!

1. 1. Griffin Flyers: Fly Dumbo-style aboard one of 16 griffins.
    2. Dragon Tower: A group of renegade bats take you deep inside a dark castle to steal the treasure that is heavily guarded by a sinister dragon. The most unique thing about this suspended roller coaster experience is that each ride vehicle has their own personality which affects the over-all experience whether the bat carrying you is faster, slower, angrier, jollier, and more.
    3. Quest For the Unicorn: This is a fanciful maze where you meet all kinds of mythical creatures in your hunt for the elusive unicorn.
    4. Lake Fantasia: This is a boat ride version of Disney's immortal classic, Fantasia!

So, what did you think?

mharrington

3. It's a Small World: A new scene, towards the end of the ride, will be added, themed to the United States, a la Disneyland Paris. Also, during the Christmas season, it will become a Christmas version called "It's a Small World Very Merry Holidays".

Oh yeah, I just heard that Hong Kong Disneyland's upcoming IASW will have a twist: featuring Disney characters as well as the usual dolls. So in addition to the aforementioned improvements for WDW's ride, I will also pepper classic characters into the various sections in the ride.

FigmentJedi

Did you get the idea of Figment hosting Beastly Kingdom from me then? Did a whole thread on that that included a Figment hosted fantasy safari ride and a Minotaur EMV and the Griffin ride being a kids coaster.

mharrington

No, Tahu, I did not get the idea of Figment at the Animal Kingdom from you. The fact that you had that idea, too, is just coincidence.

Darth Plank

I was bored and couldn't sleep and ideas just kept pouring in last night....

If I could improve and add my own magic to WDW I would do these things to...

~*The Magic Kingdom*~

~Fantasyland~

Storybook World - A giant dark ride in the tradition of Tokyo's Pooh's Hunny Hunt, We join Mary's Little Lamb in the hunt for the Big Bad Wolf as he goes through story after story causing havoc and mayhem.

The Forbidden Mountain - We go deep in into the bowels of the evil mountain as we encounter a sinister conference with the most evil of Disney villains and narrowly escape with the help of the young hero from The Black Cauldron.

Promise of the Rose: The Enchanted Curse of the Beast - A new animatronic show where guests explore the secrets of the legendary Beast and how love conquers all. (replacing mickey's Philharmagic)

~Adventureland~

Fire Mountain - A hair-raising escape from the eruption of a giant volcano is the setting for this impressive morphing roller coaster.

The Great Jungle Expedition - Choose your vehicle as The jungle Cruise is invaded by an edgier "Jeep" safari in this inter-active, tongue in cheek, dueling tour of the jungles of the world.

Tarzan, Lord of the Jungle - a technically innovative new roller coaster takes you high into the jungle canopy as you escape killer monkeys and a stampede of Elephants with the help of Tarzan.

~Frontierland~

Geyser Mountain - A new mountain completes Big Thunder Valley as a mine train is caught within the bowels of a supposedly extinct Geyser.

~*E*P*C*O*T*~

~Futureworld~

The Space Pavillion - Go high above the earth as you are taken on board an orbiting space station where you train to be an astronaut and explore the outer reaches of outer space.

World of Motion - Discover the latest advancements in the technology of transportation as you go inside the inner workings of GM 2050.

~World Showcase~

Switzerland - Explore a Swiss village and discover the most famous alp of them all, The Matterhorn.

Russia

India

The Gondolas of Venice - A New canal ride at Italy

Castle Neuschwanstein - Fantasy becomes reality in this magical tour of the famous German castle.

The Mountain of Mist - A new Mountain is the setting for a bullet train ride through Japan.

Illuminations: One World - A new extended version of Reflections of Earth features the new "History in the Sky" as the various icons of World Showcase are used to display epic events that shaped the world today (featuring an epic battle represented by the Matterhorn of Switzerland and the Mist Mountain of Japan)as well as a new projection system that projects images in the waters of World Showcase Lagoon.

You missed big thunder mountain and splash mountain! How about Kingdom Hearts for an idea?

mharrington

Those were Stitchcastle's ideas to add to WDW, not summarize everything in every land...

I miss Stitchcastle's ideas...

Exactly, whether it's to add to existing attractions or create new ones from scratch. In fact, I kinda based a similar thread on this one: all about improving the other Disney parks worldwide. You can view them by clicking here: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=115646.

What do you think?

Spring Breeze

Epcot

Return of the original Imagination
---------------------------------------------
Magic Kingdom

Captilize more on SGE. make it long better and more interactive

All i can think up

abreadcrumboi

"Discovery Island
1. Menagerie Carousel
: This is a double-decker carousel featuring animals from all over the world.

3. The Legend of the Snake God: Explore an ancient temple dedicated to the world's largest snake but you're warned not to go too deep as the ancient Snake God doesn't take kindly to strangers. This intense innovative new coaster type attraction combines the thrills of roller coasters and the experience of EMVs as you go through an ancient temple and anger the sinister Snake God. Trouble starts as soon as you trap yourself inside the sacrificial chamber and the walls reveal thousands of snakes slowly slithering towards you. Things don't get any better when you race through an old mine and are pursued by an angry giant anaconda and are ultimately wrapped in its coils ready for feeding. Will you escape?! Find out at this new E-ticket attraction.

2. Dragon Tower: A group of renegade bats take you deep inside a dark castle to steal the treasure that is heavily guarded by a sinister dragon. The most unique thing about this suspended roller coaster experience is that each ride vehicle has their own personality which affects the over-all experience whether the bat carrying you is faster, slower, angrier, jollier, and more."
End Quote

Sorry for not Quoting it the way im supposed to. (My computer was acting weird).. but anyway, i was thinking that maybe the carousel could detach from the circular track and the animals would come alive and race.. or something like that.. or maybe the carousel could be on a track and you could spin through the different enviornments in which the animals live in... or maybe even something crazier than that.. but either way i think it would be cool if the carousel looked like a normal carousel and some how ended up being far from normal

i really like the snake god ride... and i was wondering what you invisioned for the "wraped in its coils" part of the ride... i was thinking, since it is a temple you could have the ride wired so that arrows zip past you and giant boulders almost cush you. Then you could fall into a dark pit and the lights quickly turn on and there in front of u is a giant anoconda staring you in the face... or something like that..

what is the dragon tower's finale to the ride...?

mharrington

i was thinking that maybe the carousel could detach from the circular track and the animals would come alive and race.. or something like that.. or maybe the carousel could be on a track and you could spin through the different enviornments in which the animals live in... or maybe even something crazier than that.. but either way i think it would be cool if the carousel looked like a normal carousel and some how ended up being far from normal

How can that work physically?

S.E.A.

"Discovery Island
1. Menagerie Carousel
: This is a double-decker carousel featuring animals from all over the world.

2. Dragon Tower: A group of renegade bats take you deep inside a dark castle to steal the treasure that is heavily guarded by a sinister dragon. The most unique thing about this suspended roller coaster experience is that each ride vehicle has their own personality which affects the over-all experience whether the bat carrying you is faster, slower, angrier, jollier, and more."
End Quote

Sorry for not Quoting it the way im supposed to. (My computer was acting weird).. but anyway, i was thinking that maybe the carousel could detach from the circular track and the animals would come alive and race.. or something like that.. or maybe the carousel could be on a track and you could spin through the different enviornments in which the animals live in... or maybe even something crazier than that.. but either way i think it would be cool if the carousel looked like a normal carousel and some how ended up being far from normal

i really like the snake god ride... and i was wondering what you invisioned for the "wraped in its coils" part of the ride... i was thinking, since it is a temple you could have the ride wired so that arrows zip past you and giant boulders almost cush you. Then you could fall into a dark pit and the lights quickly turn on and there in front of u is a giant anoconda staring you in the face... or something like that..

what is the dragon tower's finale to the ride...?

aren't those stitchcastle's ideas? it looks like it was just copied and pasted.

mharrington

aren't those stitchcastle's ideas? it looks like it was just copied and pasted.

Well, yes, those are stitchcastle's ideas, but I couldn't really think of anything on my own, save for the Menagerie Carousel, but even that is a bit unoriginal; it was just never built, so says Walt Dated World. Besides, I used other people's ideas here (especially Figment fan's) and no one really complains.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom