If I could improve Walt Disney World....

stitchcastle

Original Poster
hey guys, sorry about being away for so long, school is still eating me alive, which means no concept art as of yet however, I do have a few little touches I'd like to add:

Special Theaters are going to be added in MK, PD, and MGM.

The Main Street Cinema will be located in the eastern arcade and will feature a rotation of Silly Symphony cartoons, while the Mickey Mouse Theater will be in the western arcade and will always play various Mickey Mouse Shorts.

Guests will be able to go in and out as they please and offer a nice reprieve from the florida weather or a good place to wait out their Fast passes.

The same type of theater will be in Hollywood Boulevard in Disney-MGM where the Disney Film Festival will be showing the nearly 50 Disney and Pixar animated features created, Fro Snow White to Rapunzel, from The Lion King to The Incredibles.

I'll be back soon and put up a quick rundown of the new Fantasmic! at Port Disney

Discovery Bay

Stitch Castle

Please tell me about Tokyo Underground, Mt. Fuji, The Moulin Rouge, The Crystal Palace, Russian Folktales, and all the non-theme park amenities you've planned.

stitchcastle

Original Poster
Stitch Castle

Please tell me about Tokyo Underground, Mt. Fuji, The Moulin Rouge, The Crystal Palace, Russian Folktales, and all the non-theme park amenities you've planned.

your wish is my command...well, sort of, the details would be pretty vague since I'm supposed to be writing an essay on Disney's Hercules right now but i'll type in as much as I can...

Tokyo Underground
-an expanded area behind the Japan Pavillion that would showcase the technological mecha that is modern day Japan. It would pretty much be similar to an indoor recreation of the Tokyo Times Square in all its neon glory. (think of WDS' Studio boulevard). And waht would be here? aside from shops and electronic boutiques that sell the latest trends, fashions and tech in tokyo, it would also be a mini DisneyQuest of sorts, where guests will be able to play virtual games and attractions of all sorts

Mt. Fuji
-what starts off as a leisurely bullet train ride around the japanese countryside turns into a hair raising edge of your seat, thrill ride when an earthquake seriously damages the train tracks sending us on a wild ride inside Japan's famed mountain.

The Moulin Rouge
- a new themed restaurant in the France pavillion that showcases the beauty and music of the bohemian revolution. Watch the lovely courtesans do that can-can as you dine on authentic french cuisine.

The Crystal Palace
-one of the originally planned additions to the UK pavillion, the Crystal Palace is a theater that will hold a special version of the Mary Poppins musical (for now...)

Russian Folktales
-a leisurely cruise through a storybook world of russian folktales including The Frog Princess.
-Imagine Disneyland's Storybook land canal boats except with Russian tales.
-For the Russian Pavillion

i'll post the many non-theme park enhancements later tonight, they are all fairly ambitious, specifically the 2 colleges and the new Studios

Discovery Bay

Stitch Castle,

Can you please tell me what the non-theme park attractions that you have planned. I've been waiting for days now, what's taking so long?

stitchcastle

Original Poster
sorry about that DB, it's just things have been winding down at school and I never really had the chance to cruise the web. Anyway, here are summaries of the major additions:

Walt Disney World Gateway - a central station of sorts that is the main hub between all the theme parks, from here you can either go by ferry, monorail or shuttle to all the areas in the entire resort. This will also be the central icon for the new Uptown Disney area.

Uptown - a shopping and dining area similar to Downtown Disney but with a few bonus attractions. It is themed to the classic turn of the century eastern sea board.

The Disney-MGM Studios - now a full fledged working movie studio which boasts an independent Feature Animation division that creates new traditionally animated feature films as well as shorts. It also hosts a venue for independent film companies wishing to film outside of California. Among the new features of the studios include:

Disney's Hollywood Hotel - The reason this brand new hotel located right beside The Disney-MGm Studios is such a big deal is because of all the luxuries that it will have. It'll have its own drive-in theater, it will be connected to the Hollywood Hills Amphitheater as well as Sunset Boulevard and the whole thing will be huge. Guests staying at this hotel will be treated to a complimentary limousine ride into the studios on their first visit.

The Walt Disney Museum - with a facade that mirrors the original Hyperion studios, The Walt Disney Museum showcases the life and legacy of Walt Disney himself.

The Walter Elias Disney Institute of the Arts - A school focusing in the honing of the future actors, animators, painters and over all artists of the world. This elite new school will have an entire working studios at their disposal as they build their careers.

EPCOT's Walt Disney Technological Institute - in cooperation with the Discovery Channel, this new school brings together the greatest scientific minds of today and tomorrow, learning from each other to discover the wonders of modern science.

The Rivers of Imagination- is gonna be a huge waterway system connecting al the main areas of the entire resort, each area will have a special show piece that would entertain the guests.

Major new Resorts:
World Showcase Resort - located inside EPCOT's World Showcase will be a brand new resort that shows off the cultures of the different regions of the world.

Amazon Towers Hotel - Animal kingdom's newest hotel boasts its own treetop walkways that lets guests view the various flora and fauna of the Amazon rainforest below them. The entire resort will be built like a city on trees as each tower is built upon a giant artificial tree.

terp79

it's all about the plussing!!!

After my current trip to WDW here's what I would improve:

Magic Kingdom: Traffic flow around splash mountain and big thunder, Haunted Mansion stretching gallery needs a major overhaul, lighting FX within the mansion need reworked in certain scenes, splash mountains laughing place scene needs some engineering work done, tiki room rain/storm FX needs worked on, track on peter pan's flight needs a good oiling, Space mountains queue line needs some help (posters are coming down and plexi is cracked), buzz needs all the electrical work in the guns checked out not to mention wall treatments are pealing off.

Epcot: Where to begin....future world needs a major referb. Still stuck in too many decades....80's, 90's and now. It feels like the pop century resort. World showcase needs some attractions added to draw the demographic in. Kidscot is working well however. Why isn't there a roller coaster type attraction in this park??? Every other disney park has a imagineered roller coaster. It's time Epcot got theirs!!!!

MGM: Great movie ride is lacking, some AA's are completely out of sync.
Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular could use something new.....after 16 times it's still the same old same old. The Narnia walk through is pointless....20 min wait in line to watch a 15 min preview of a movie that is already out on DVD just to then walk by 10 pieces of set prop.....give us more. Who's clever idea was it to place the Disney Studios sign (the one that looks like the burbank sign) by a trash can???? Talk about disrespectful. MGM is doing a great job with the child demographic but i'm going to think it's pointless to do an Imagineering Field guide to Disney's MGM Studios without some new attractions. I come here only for TOT, and themed dinning....what more can you offer????

Animal Kingdom: All that needs done with this park is new attractions which will come in time. It was the cleanist of all the parks visit and the one that needs the less work done. It figures seeing how it's the newest out of the 4 main gates.

mharrington

Wowee-zowee! You've got some great ideas here! And it just so happens that I have some ideas for WDW myself. Look for them to come soon...

mharrington

Y'know, stitch castle, I have to admit I'm a little jealous of you. You created a lot of good ideas, so some of my ideas listed below will be partially based on your ideas. :lol:

MAGIC KINGDOM

MAIN STREET USA
1. Arcades: I will add these arcades to the right and left sections of Main Street, to free up foot traffic up and down the land.
2. An Adventure In the Magic Kingdom: This is a new theater show at the theater at Town Square. It will be a veritable montage of clips of all Disney parks worldwide, with Tinker Bell as your hostess!

FANTASYLAND
First and foremost, the entire land will receive an overhaul the likes of which will be akin to the one at Disneyland in 1983.

1. Mad Tea Party: Just as Tokyo Disneyland's teacups had been redone to echo Disneyland Paris' look, Florida's teacups will be redesigned so that they echo Disneyland's design. At the same time, the canopy roof will be redesigned from a simple medieval tent to a glass one, like the one in France, only here each pane will be a different color, like stained glass.
2. The Adventures of Pinocchio: This is the first of two new dark ride experiences to be added. See this link here to view all specific details.
3. It's a Small World: A new scene, towards the end of the ride, will be added, themed to the United States, a la Disneyland Paris. Also, during the Christmas season, it will become a Christmas version called "It's a Small World Very Merry Holidays". Also, classic Disney characters will also be added to their respective scenes. Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy and Pluto in particular will all be at the end of the ride.
4. Mickey's PhilharMagic: The exterior will be redesigned to echo Hong Kong Disneyland's look, albeit slightly smaller. Inside, a brand-new sequence will be added to the show: the "Pink Elephants" scene from Dumbo, situated between the Lion King and Peter Pan scenes.
5. The Voyages of the Little Mermaid: The second of the two new dark rides. At long last, dark ride based on The Little Mermaid finally comes to life! It will look exactly like the ride seen on the PE DVD. This will necessiate the closing of the TLM puppet show at the Studios.
6. The Hunny Tree: FYL's FOURTH spinner (after cups, Dumbo and carrousel), this swing ride has guests sitting in seats that look like balloons as they swing around the giant honey tree of "Winnie the Pooh" fame.
7. Alice's Curious Labyrinth: A clone of the maze found in France comes to Florida, situated near the Mad Tea Party, obviously.

ADVENTURELAND
1. Tarzan's Treehouse: The Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse will be revised as a home themed to the King of the Jungle himself!
2. Jungle Tours: On this all-new attraction, choose your vehicle as the Jungle Cruise boats are invaded by an edgier, rival jeep safari on this interactive, hilarious, dueling tour of the jungles of the world. This attraction is actually two attractions in one. They are "rival" jungle tours. What happens exactly is, you choose between these two ways to tour the jungles (either by boat (Jungle River Cruise) or by jeep a la Kilimanjaro Safaris (Jungle Road Trek)), but the drivers are two bitter siblings who can't stand each other and, along the entire tour, tease and call each other names (which makes it even more interactive because guests can join in on the name-calling and teasing). Unfortunately, things aren't all that peaceful in the jungle, either, when the boat group gets trapped inside an ancient temple and witness a bunch of thieves pillaging the temple. The jeep group, meanwhile, witness an entire section of the jungle burned down. They then hear the skipper from the boat radio in for help, the jeep then goes to his/her brother's/sister's rescue and end up saving the entire jungle in the process. Plus, the siblings will have settled their differences by this time as well.
3. Enchanted Tiki Room: I will definitely do something right here: Iago and Zazu will get the old heave-ho and the entire original 1963 show will return. The pre-show area replaces William and Morris with two new birds, an orange one and a blue one. The orange one is named Clyde and he's speak with a Southern accent while his blue partner is named Claude and speaks with a British accent.

FRONTIERLAND
1. Mike Fink Keelboats: That's right! The keelboats are back!
2. Country Bear Jamboree: The show will take a cue from the one in Tokyo: all three versions of the show will be shown all year round. The Vacation Hoedown version will play during the summer season (from Memorial Day to Labor Day); the Christmas show will be shown during the Christmas season (from mid-November to early January) and the original show will be shown the rest of the year.

LIBERTY SQUARE
1. Haunted Mansion: During the Halloween and Christmas seasons, the Haunted Mansion will be revised to the "Haunted Mansion Very Scary Holidays", themed to what else but Nightmare Before Christmas.

TOMORROWLAND
1. Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress: This classic would not go anywhere! It would, however, get an extensive touch-up, a brand-new script and an update to the final Christmas scene. See this link here for all details.
2. Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin: It will be renamed to Buzz Lightyear's Laser Blast.
3. Stitch Encounter: No more Stitch's Great Escape! This interactive show fresh from Hong Kong Disneyland is now at WDW!
4. Cosmic Highway: The Tomorrowland Speedway will be revised to a more worthwhile attraction. The new car ride has futuristic-inspired cars and they drive through scenes depicting a futuristic city (with like high skyscrapers and an antigravity parking garage). You also go through a scene where you drive through a car wash, really a set of amusing fountains.

MICKEY AND DONALD'S TOONTOWN
New name for Mickey's Toontown Fair. It will be completely overhauled to be something along the lines of DL's Toontown. See this link here to view the details.

So, what did you think of my ideas for MK? Let's discuss! Next time, look for some updates to EPCOT...:animwink:

mharrington

Just for the record, I will also be doing these same kinds of treatments to the various Disney resorts worldwide! How do you like those apples?

mharrington

looks like somebody's out to revive this thread, great ideas mharrington.

Why, thank you, S.E.A. What can I say? I have some ideas and needed to put them down somewhere. And that one on MK is only the tip of the iceberg. Some of my ideas can be found on their own posts. Why? Because the ideas are so big, they can't just fit into this thread; they need their own.

Anyway, like I said, there will be a lot more ideas where that came from. Next time, I will talk about Epcot. I'll begin by saying the park will be renamed back to Epcot Center. Stay tuned! Until then, any other responses to my MK ideas? :animwink:

mharrington

Oh, yeah, I forgot to include one more Tomorrowland update: Space Mountain!! This ride will receive a much-needed and much-deserved overhaul. In this case, the double tracks will be completely scrapped and replaced by one long single track. The new Space Mountain will be a roller coaster trip through space the likes of which the public's never seen before. Designed in collaboration of WDI and Intamin, it will be a launched Twister-style coaster with dramatic special effects and design structures (including a vertical loop and the world's largest barrel loop) to simulate a wormhole journey through the boundless realm of space. A new entrance pre-show allows guests the sensation of being "beamed" to an orbital space station (Space Station 75). A meteor shower ensues that then disallows the use of the teleporter to get back to Earth, thus the prototypical wormhole train would need to be used. The result is an incredible hyperspeed rush through the cosmos.

And a brand-new nighttime parade will be seen at the Magic Kingdom, an updated version of an classic favorite...

What do you think here? Anyway, like I said, look forward to EPCOT next time...

mharrington

And now without further ado, ladies and gentlemen, I give you...

EPCOT CENTER

FUTURE WORLD
1. Spaceship Earth: This attraction will receive some TLC, not only to update the ride, but also to tie it in with its newest sponsor, Siemens AG. There will be a new scene towards the end, regarding the Internet and cell phones. One of the things you will notice is gone is Mickey's wand above the structure. That's right, the wand is getting the old heave-ho! Another thing revised will be the script, which will replace Jeremy Irons as narrator with Morgan Freeman. See this link here for the script. And oh, yes, "Tomorrow's Child" will again be performed!
2. Soarin': This will be a new movie, based not on a flight over California but one over Florida. It will be similar to California in terms of a themed flight. Locales to be featured include: Miami, the Everglades, Palm Beach, the Gulf of Mexico, Daytona U.S.A., the Kennedy Space Center (where you witness a space shuttle taking off), the Florida Keys and, of course, Walt Disney World.
3. The Changing Skies: This is a brand new pavilion themed to the sky and different types of weather. It will be situated between IMAGINATION! and The Land. The featured attractions are as follows:
--StormRider: This ride is identical to the ride at Tokyo DisneySea in Japan. Here, the Center for Weather Control has recently developed a "Storm Diffusion Device", a new apparatus that is detonated in the center of powerful storms and dissipates their energy. As there happens to be a mammoth hurricane approaching Future World at the moment, guests at the CWC are invited to board one of the Center's flying weather laboratories and observe a mission to test one of the new "Fuses" by delivering it right to the center of the storm!
--Weatherific: A mad scientist, his new invention, bolts of lightning, ominous clouds and sheets of rain... the set of a new horror flick? No! It's just the set-up for the hilarious Weatherific! special effects show! Join Professor Sirius and his crazy assistant, Ray, as they display the many different faces of Mother Nature in this hilarious show.
--WeatherWorks: As close as you'll ever get to actually riding a cloud! These interactive labs serve as the core educational resource for our EPCOT Center pavilion. Stimulating, mind-boggling, and a heck of a lot of fun all at the same time!
4. IMAGINATION!: All of the attractions here are going to be redone to remove as many references to the Imagination Institute as possible. We all know the new attractions are dumb. Instead, we'll have Figment and Dreamfinder back. The only reference to the Institute would be the old logo sign out front, but this time, there’d be a sloppily-painted sign tacked onto the bottom of the Institute sign saying, "Under New Management", with a statue of Figment nearby hold a can of paint and a brush. See this link here for more details.
5. World of Motion: That's right, this old ride is coming out of retirement! It will be added to the building housing Test Track. Explore the history of transportation from the time of Neanderthals right up to the future. Then discover the latest advancements in the technology of transportation as you go inside the inner workings of GM 2082.

WORLD SHOWCASE
1. Tapestry of Nations: This impressive new thesis attraction for World Showcase will incorporate the same technology as Timekeeper with the use of Circle-Vision, audio-animatronics and spectacular music and storytelling.
2. Hong Kong Disneyland Gallery: Located at the China pavilion, this gallery provides a look at the Disney park in Hong Kong with pictures, scale models of attractions, maps and a multimedia video. This is a renamed version of the HKDL Preview Center but with "Gallery" in place of "Preview Center".
3. Russia: A brand-new pavilion located between China and Germany. It can actually be a good smooth transition between the two pavilions.
--Reflections of Russia: A new Circle-Vision film in the new pavilion. This film explores all the beautiful sights of Russia from Moscow to Siberia and some of its arts, cultures and traditions.
4. Rhine River Rapids: Located at the Germany pavilion, you board a raft that seats 12 passengers for a wet 'n' wild ride down the waters of the Rhine and through the spooky Black Forest, even over the precipice of a rushing waterfall! Get set to get wet!
5. Impressioni dell'Italia: Located at the Italy pavilion, this is a stunning five-screen panoramic film (a la France's Impressions de France) about the magnificent country of Italy, featuring a visit to Assisi, the Leaning Tower of Pisa, a romantic boat ride in a gondola down a canal in Venice, the Vatican City, ski slopes over the peaks of some rugged snow-capped mountains in the Italian Alps and, of course, a visit to Rome featuring the mighty Coliseum and the Trevvy fountain.
6. Disneyland Gallery: Located at the American Adventure, this gallery explores the original Disneyland, the kingdom that Walt built. Featuring concept art, scale models, posters, maps and a historical multimedia video about the history of Disneyland from 1955 right up to the present day. Also features Disney's California Adventure.
7. Mt. Fuji Bullet Trains: Located at the Japan pavilion, this roller coaster will take guests on a fast and furious ride around and through Mount Fuji aboard miniature bullet trains featuring close encounters with the vicious Akuma monster and a splashdown in a misty Japanese pond.
8. Tokyo Disneyland Gallery: Similar to the Disneyland Gallery, but themed to the Japanese Disney resort. Here again, it features concept art, scale models, posters, maps and a historical multimedia video about the history of Tokyo Disneyland from 1983 right up to the present day. Also features Tokyo DisneySea.
9. Disneyland Paris Gallery: Once again, much like the Disneyland and Tokyo Disneyland Galleries, it features concept art, scale models, posters, maps and a historical multimedia video about the history of Disneyland Paris from 1992 right up to the present day. Also features Walt Disney Studios Paris.

And those are all the Epcot improvements, not counting the shows. What did you think?

mharrington

Some of the things I mentioned in the list above are to bring old attractions out of retirement. That's why I have Journey Into Imagination and World of Motion as two of the EPCOT attractions.

mharrington

Here are the improvements to the Disney Studios.

DISNEY-MGM STUDIOS
1. The Great Movie Ride: This ride will be renovated significantly. Nothing will be changed until you reach "Raiders" after the substitute driver attempts to grab the jewel only to disappear in a cloud of smoke and you get your original driver back. After that, you go onto a scene about love stories. Here, gone is the "Tarzan" scene. In its place is An Affair To Remember, where you see Cary Grant and Deborah Kerr on the ocean liner, promising to meet each other on the Empire State Building. After that, you go through the Casablanca scene where the love story theme holds out. After this, you go through the Fantasia scene. Here, gone is the projection of Sorcerer Mickey. Instead, this scene will be another full-blown scene featuring audio-animatronics of Mickey and characters from two other segments of the film: The Nutcracker Suite (w/ mushrooms and fairies) and Dance of the Hours (w/ a hippo and an alligator). The design of the alligator and the hippo is copied almost verbatim from that one float in SpectroMagic. This scene will still be similar to the old one in that Mickey, with his magic, will sometimes spray you with mist. Then after The Wizard of Oz, instead of the normal film finale room, that room would be used as a scene devoted to action movies represented by two scenes: one is the James Bond movie, Goldfinger, the other is Chinatown. Goldfinger is represented by the most famous scene in the movie: Goldfinger's banter with the obstinate Bond tied down in the path of a laser beam (BOND: "Do you expect me to talk?" GOLDFINGER: "No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die."). The Chinatown scene shows Jake Gittes confronting the real Mrs. Mulwray. Then you reenter the loading area, but all the lights are out, and it looks similar to the end of the current Journey Into Imagination ride, with all the fiber optic lights on the walls, so you can't tell it's the unloading area. A big screen is on the wall, directly to the right of the car. The seats then rotate 90 degrees to the right to face the screen and the big film finale is shown as usual, albeit significantly altered a bit, and then at the end, a speaker shouts, "And... cut!" and the lights return and you exit your car. These ideas would definitely update this ride a bit, while still leaving most of the old movies there, and keeping them from doing any major building changes.

2. Star Tours: With all the rumors of the Endor trip being replaced by other planets, I've been thinking of how to do this win-win style. I like the idea of keeping things fresh here, but I was thinking that with six simulators here, why not have six different trips at once, one trip per simulator, with a trip to a different planet on each one? This way, the situation is win-win. The beauty of this update is that whenever you are about to go to a simulator, you may have a different one, meaning that you never know which simulator you're going to ride (unless you've been on them all thousands of times).

3. Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Fire Snake: Replacing the Indy Stunt Show, this new thrill ride is more or less the same as the other Indiana Jones rides in Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea. Follow in the footsteps of the legendary Dr. Indiana Jones in a treacherous, life-or-death expedition for the legendary Observatory of the Future. But beware; the Observatory is supposedly guarded by a ruthless, paranormal spirit known as the Fire Snake!

4. The Great Muppet Movie Ride: Yes, at long last, the Muppet-based parody of the Great Movie Ride is finally coming into being! The movies parodied, according to an article by Jim Hill (see this link here to see said article), will include, but are definitely not limited to:
  • Frankenstein (1931): With Kermit and Miss Piggy as the heroes, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew as the mad scientist and Beaker as the giant monster.
  • Star Trek: The Motion Picture (1979): A movie version of the "Pigs In Space" skit. The movie here is called "Swine Trek". Here, the crew of the USS Swinetrek is battling space pi-rats.
  • Peter Pan (1953): With Kermit as Pan, Janice (of the Muppets' house band, Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem) as Wendy, Scooter as John, Fozzie as Michael and last but not least, Piggy as Tinkerbell.
There are all kind of punny touches every which way you look, plus a running gag in the form of Waldorf and Statler riding around in a golf cart. This will be a great ride for all.

5. Toon Studios: This is a brand-new section of the park based on the one under construction in France. This area will encompass The Magic of Disney Animation and will feature a few new attractions as well:
--Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin: This ride comes to Florida at last! Replaces Voyage of the Little Mermaid.
--Crush's Turtle Twister: This ride also comes to Florida fresh from France
--The Incredibles: Escape From Nomanisan!: A brand-new dark ride experience, where you meet Mr. Incredible and his family and try to help them in the battle to do two things: escape from the titular island and save the world from the threat of the villainous Syndrome!
--Donald's Toontown Tours: This ride is based on the old "runaway bus through Toontown" ride concept. It will come into being not with Roger Rabbit, but with Donald Duck, as your host. Replaces Playhouse Disney Live.

Those are the improvements in a nutshell. Can anyone think of anything else? Does anyone like my ideas?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom