If I could improve Walt Disney World....

stitchcastle

Original Poster
EPCOT Center will be the most elaborately enhanced of all the WDW parks.

First Off Future World will be rechristened "Discovery World" pertaining to the Discovery Channel which will be a major component of the park as EPCOT Center itself will be an important satellite of the network, using each other's resources to better each other. This new joint venture will breathe new life into all the pavillions and giving them all scientific credibility with a good balance of legitimate learning and entertainment.

Not only that, east of Discovery World is the Walt Disney University's Science Campus where students learn to become Scientists and improve the world using the resources found within the Discovery World pavillions. All of EPCOT will become an active working community, almost its own little city in fact. with students and scientists as well as guests working on studying The oceans: [The Living Seas]; outer space [The Space Pavillion]; Transportation [The Transportation Pavillion]; Agriculture [The Land Pavillion]; The Weather [The Weather Pavillion]; Energy Consumption and production {Energy Pavillion]; Human Behavior [The imagination Institute].

The other major change in EPCOT Center is found in World Showcase, Which has been expanded greatly by turning it into a working Resort and entertainment district inhabiting a world of its own.

Each Pavillion in World Showcase will be turned into themed areas within what is collectively called The World Showcase Resort, The main entrance to which would be the American Adventure Pavilion. Each area also has its own collection of rides and attractions and restaurants and shopping areas. Just imagine 16 different hotels all melded as one, located inside EPCOT.

a carry over from the old Westcot project, "The Rivers of Time"; a 45 minute boat ride around the world will be World Showcase's Main Attraction and main transportation method as opposed to the people mover in Discovery World.

The Rivers of Time, much like SPaceship Earth, recreates important moments in history that shaped the world today, each "moment" seen in this ride will be positioned in the same country in which the event occured, guests will be able to get in and get off of teh ride at each show stop letting them explore the country in which the event happens.

FigmentJedi

Do you have to go with the Institute theme? Just saying that's all...
With Rivers of Time, what will you rename El Rio del Tiempo? I guess it will dock near Tapestry of Nations? The Sage of Time wouldn't be too bad of a host for that too...

The Adventurer

Question.

What exactly is the Western River Expedition and Geyser Mountain? I know a little about Geyser Mountain but not at all about the other. See, if you haven't seen it, I am making a Disney Park too and I have put them in my park unknowing of what they are. If you have read my page you'll see that I have a Rainbow Mountain area along with a Thunder Mesa area, but I am unsure whether of not the Western River Expedition should go since I do not know exactly what it is. Could you help?

S.E.A.

The Adventurer said:
What exactly is the Western River Expedition and Geyser Mountain? I know a little about Geyser Mountain but not at all about the other. See, if you haven't seen it, I am making a Disney Park too and I have put them in my park unknowing of what they are. If you have read my page you'll see that I have a Rainbow Mountain area along with a Thunder Mesa area, but I am unsure whether of not the Western River Expedition should go since I do not know exactly what it is. Could you help?

yeah, like tahu said, Western River Expedition is Pirates with Cowboys. It was a deleted concept from what was supposed to be the Magic Kingdom's big, show-stopping Pirates style flume ride for its Frontierland.

Geyser Mountain is Tower of Terror in a Geyser. A deleted concept from what was supposed to be the ambitious phase 2 of Disneyland Paris, it would have also been located in Frontierland.

stitchcastle

Original Poster
Hey guys, I'm considering bringing a couple of attractions from my other disneyland concept over to WDW, namely these would be:

"The Lost World" - a huge simulator ride where you guests sit around a balloon that flies precariously down a mysterious island full of dinosaurs both Audio animatronic and screen projections, it is a technically advanced, thrill dark ride.

-I'm considering having Lost World replace the Jeep Safari in Dinoland in DAK. however, if I do that, it would ruin the story balance between the 3 main Dinoland E-Tickets.

Mission: Atlantis has been put in the back burner for now.

"Star Wars: Rogue Squadron" - Story - Use the Force! as you must pick a side wether to join the Empire or the Rebellion as you mount your own, yes your OWN X-Wing or Tie Fighter [and in the future, all the different fighters] and take a hand's on part on some of the most famous and notorious space battles in Star Wars history.

ride description - The ULTIMATE Multiplayer Online Video game and it can only be truly experienced inside this Disney park. Think Star Tours on steroids zapped with Wayne Zalinski's shrinking gun. Guests will be paired in twos, one to man the shooters, another to fly the ship. The ride is comletely interactive and totally immersive and lasts as long as the battle goes on, or at least until you get shot and explode. the ride will also be connected via the internet to gaming consoles around the world so folks at home can join you in battle. All of the Fighters you encounter and shoot will be manned by real people either from the park or from elsewhere around the world.

what do you guys think?

stitchcastle said:
Hey guys, I'm considering bringing a couple of attractions from my other disneyland concept over to WDW, namely these would be:

"The Lost World" - a huge simulator ride where you guests sit around a balloon that flies precariously down a mysterious island full of dinosaurs both Audio animatronic and screen projections, it is a technically advanced, thrill dark ride.

-I'm considering having Lost World replace the Jeep Safari in Dinoland in DAK. however, if I do that, it would ruin the story balance between the 3 main Dinoland E-Tickets.

Mission: Atlantis has been put in the back burner for now.

"Star Wars: Rogue Squadron" - Story - Use the Force! as you must pick a side wether to join the Empire or the Rebellion as you mount your own, yes your OWN X-Wing or Tie Fighter [and in the future, all the different fighters] and take a hand's on part on some of the most famous and notorious space battles in Star Wars history.

ride description - The ULTIMATE Multiplayer Online Video game and it can only be truly experienced inside this Disney park. Think Star Tours on steroids zapped with Wayne Zalinski's shrinking gun. Guests will be paired in twos, one to man the shooters, another to fly the ship. The ride is comletely interactive and totally immersive and lasts as long as the battle goes on, or at least until you get shot and explode. the ride will also be connected via the internet to gaming consoles around the world so folks at home can join you in battle. All of the Fighters you encounter and shoot will be manned by real people either from the park or from elsewhere around the world.

what do you guys think?

WOW!!! THis is definately my favorite Idea from you. This includes everything that people seem to want these days from a theme park. intensity, real play action, and high excitement. Why not take this to the next level by having the guests waiting que be in a space military bunker for the good guys and a star destroyer for the bad guys. the guests decide which side to play before they get in line. at this point they will both go thorugh sepertat yet highly themed lines and enter seperate huge rooms filled with these "FIghter" (diff. depending on which side they choose. they board their "fighters" (20-30 per room). Like you said with two people in each. each being it's own mini virtual reality simulater. flight being controlled by the pilot and shooting by the copilot and their roles will switch half way to allow both to have a chance. a master ocmputer will keep track of where each fighter is and whose being shot atI wouldn't neccesarily kill the guests off when they get shot at but I would maybe have them gain points for shots made and loose points for being shot. This could be the answer to the excitement the public wants and the well planned and themed atraction we are looking for.

S.E.A.

Laufschneller65 said:
WOW!!! THis is definately my favorite Idea from you. This includes everything that people seem to want these days from a theme park. intensity, real play action, and high excitement. Why not take this to the next level by having the guests waiting que be in a space military bunker for the good guys and a star destroyer for the bad guys. the guests decide which side to play before they get in line. at this point they will both go thorugh sepertat yet highly themed lines and enter seperate huge rooms filled with these "FIghter" (diff. depending on which side they choose. they board their "fighters" (20-30 per room). Like you said with two people in each. each being it's own mini virtual reality simulater. flight being controlled by the pilot and shooting by the copilot and their roles will switch half way to allow both to have a chance. a master ocmputer will keep track of where each fighter is and whose being shot atI wouldn't neccesarily kill the guests off when they get shot at but I would maybe have them gain points for shots made and loose points for being shot. This could be the answer to the excitement the public wants and the well planned and themed atraction we are looking for.

I agree, this could be MGM's next big thing, it would be enough to promote an entire celebration over.

The Adventurer

Putting in a Lost World ride would be really cool, especially if you could trump the Jurassic Park Adventure at Islands of Adventure. Universal would be licking that wound for years.

I also like Star Wars: Rogue Squadron. Really cool. It would be a nice complement to Star Tours (which is in need of a major revamp).

I could see Lost World as an E-Ticket in Dinoland, U.S.A. Wouldn't it be great if it could take out Chester & Hester's Dino Rama!?!?

stitchcastle

Original Poster
thanks so much guys!

I'm gonna take Lauf's suggestion and divide the queue area between the Galactic Empire and the Rebel Alliance and that guests will choose from teh get go which side they are on.

I'm also coinciding this with a revamp of Star Tours that connects it to Rogue Squadron so that guests who don't really want a hands-on approach at the battles can still get in on the action. This means that Star Tours will now be going to Yavin, Hoth, Gionosis, Naboo and all the other famous planets in which the great battles of the Star Wars universe has unfolded.

I'm re-themeing the Lost World attraction into Skull Island and putting it into Port Disney (probably in Lost River Delta) where it will complement the King Kong attraction (located in the New York area of American Waterfront). This is all based on the 2005 version of King Kong btw.

S.E.A.

The Adventurer said:
Just a warning, Skull Island is the island in King Kong. You could run in to trouble with other studios if your park ideas were ever realized.

just change the themeing again. in his version of WDW, King Kong is gonna be used for Disney attractions. besides, it's not like he is actually working for Disney and actually making attractions for Disney.

j_dp456

You are an awesome artist and a great Junior Imagineer. I love your ideas for the WDW Parks. The focus on the Pixar characters is understandable though because their characters are so loveable. Keep those ideas comin.

RenegadeMilkmen

stitchcastle said:
~Adventureland~

Fire Mountain - A hair-raising escape from the eruption of a giant volcano is the setting for this impressive morphing roller coaster.

WEIRD. I had the same exact idea for a ride in Adventureland about a year or two ago. I think it would be amazing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom