If I could improve Walt Disney World....

stitchcastle

Original Poster
Hey guys I got a couple of extra minutes before class and I decided to check the thread out, thanks for all the replies :) it kinda keeps me going...:D

Tahu said:
Wait, are you transforming the Mansion into Phantom Manor? Of course I'm only infering that from the use of the Ravenswoods.

Yes and No, The Florida Haunted Mansion will get a slight makeover when it comes to its storyline, combining both Paris' Phantom Manor (The Ravenswood Family and the unsuitable suitor) and the rumoured story tweaks coming to California (the murderous bride). The complete story will be unveiled once we return to tour MK during the Halloween Festival.

The monorail will be expanded to all 5 Disney Destinations in WDW (The Disneyworld area consisting of MK and PD and their respective resorts; The EPCOT area with the original theme park and the Walt Disney University and the World Showcase Resort; The Disney's Animal Kingdom area with Disney's Wild Animal Kingdom and Disney's Oceanic Animal Kingdom; The Disney Studios area with the Disney-MGM Studios Theme Park and the Walt Disney Studios Florida [working studio]; and Downtown Disney)

I'd really enjoy more feedback :) thanks so much! I'll update with more art and details when i have time!

Interruption?

Now that I think about it, why DIDN't they build the parks closer together so that they COULD easily link the monorails back when the parks were built?

DISCLAIMER: Yes, I know I'm playing with fire and I feel that so long as we all remain calm no one will get burned and there will be no need for animosity.

FigmentJedi

stitchcastle said:
Yes and No, The Florida Haunted Mansion will get a slight makeover when it comes to its storyline, combining both Paris' Phantom Manor (The Ravenswood Family and the unsuitable suitor) and the rumoured story tweaks coming to California (the murderous bride). The complete story will be unveiled once we return to tour MK during the Halloween Festival.
So wait? Is Melanie becoming the homicidal maniac or is the psycho bride like an evil twin, perhaps a minion of the Phantom?

stitchcastle

Original Poster
Tahu said:
So wait? Is Melanie becoming the homicidal maniac or is the psycho bride like an evil twin, perhaps a minion of the Phantom?

There will be two brides but they won't be related...at least not by blood. the theme of the story is both love and revenge.

FigmentJedi

Looks very cool, Flight of the Navigator does. Can't wait to see the Mansion's story...
EDIT: I'm thinking of Eliza as a name for the evil bride as a sly nod to Lizzie Borden.

S.E.A.

fantastic new art! I personally love the Dragon Tower one with who looks to be Bartok :D

and concerning what you're doing to epcot, you seem to have done some research on wescot huh?

can't wait for the new mansion story.

so WDW now has 6 theme parks?

and wow, Enderikari reads the imagineering boards...cool!

terp79

questions about your illustrations stitch

Kinda confused, why does your poster have a tron inspired character on it when the Disney feature film, Flight of the Navigator has nothing to do with Tron. Nice illustration though.....your integration is a tad off however. Would like to hear more about your new attraction based on TRON/FON. Also what's the deal with Anastasia? Not a disney feature so I'm confused as to why personally you as an "imagineer in training" would chose to pick something non disney?

stitchcastle

Original Poster
terp79 said:
Kinda confused, why does your poster have a tron inspired character on it when the Disney feature film, Flight of the Navigator has nothing to do with Tron. Nice illustration though.....your integration is a tad off however. Would like to hear more about your new attraction based on TRON/FON. Also what's the deal with Anastasia? Not a disney feature so I'm confused as to why personally you as an "imagineer in training" would chose to pick something non disney?

well for the FON poster, it's not really based on the original FON, I just borrowed the title for an original story I came up with and has nothing to do with neither Tron or FON.

and the bat character was just inspired by Bartok :) I wanted to make the lead Bat character to be as cute as it could be and the only really cute cartoon bat I could think of within the boundaries of my school's library was Bartok, I'll draw a different poster featuring the 5 main characters of Dragon Tower tomorrow as well as action shots for the tomorrowland navigator attraction. I might also post the rough animatic i made for one of my classes that inspired my "Storybook World" ride (or vice versa, considering I thought of it before I had to make the animatic). I'd show you guys animated sequences of the navigator protagonist in action but I don't know how to transfer hand drawn cells and put them on the computer :(

and to S.E.A. technically, there would be 7 parks if you include the Walt Disney Hyperion Studios Museum but essentially, there are only 5 main destinations 4 if you consider Discovery Bay as a complimentary expansion to MK.

and Tahu, thanks for the Lizzie Borden name, I might use Elizabeth as the evil bride's name. It's going to be a really chilling story and it will be worked in a way that no one trip to the mansion is the same since there will be random multiple storylines as well as the main plot. And then couple that with the impending Christmas overlay and WDW's HM would truly be something special. (plus a special valentine's version featuring another Tim Burton picture).

please keep posting guys, I enjoy the feedback :)

The Adventurer

What about Port Discovery. It might be a little cheesy, but it's a nice compromise. It sounds sophisticated and it keeps you from being to redundant (since it is a Disneyland/World park everything basically has Disney's name on it, so using it in a title would be too much; however there is exceptions. I haven't followed your concept too much so I am not quite sure what Port Disney holds (but I am trying to figure it out).

S.E.A.

The Adventurer said:
What about Port Discovery. It might be a little cheesy, but it's a nice compromise. It sounds sophisticated and it keeps you from being to redundant (since it is a Disneyland/World park everything basically has Disney's name on it, so using it in a title would be too much; however there is exceptions. I haven't followed your concept too much so I am not quite sure what Port Disney holds (but I am trying to figure it out).

isn't Port Discovery one of the themed ports in Port Disney? I also sort of agree about keeing the Port Disney name, just because I've gotten used to it and one of the park poster sketches had "Port Disney" written on it.

stitchcastle

Original Poster
Sorry I wasn't able to post any new information guys, school has just been taking all of my time lately, and yes i guess I'll keep the Port Disney name then but I do think Adventurer is right about how having "Disney" in a WDW theme park title would be a bit much.

Anyway, since I will still not be able to make any new art or post elaborate new ideas, i leave you with yet another concept poster for the big Tomorrowland E-Ticket coming (which as of now is still untitled)

heropostercopy.jpg

stitchcastle

Original Poster
Here is a quick description and poster for the New Tomorowland Attraction tentatively titled "Storm Rider" (The Port Disney one will be called StormChasers) and it will be based on a traditionally anmated Disney film that will be released the same time as the ride opens.

NewTomorrowlandcopy.jpg

The Ride:

The colonies has sent a powerful machine to wreak havoc upon the citizens of Tom Morrow land, and riders are caught in its rampage just as Max comes to their rescue, things go awry as his mom shows up and attempts to blow him and us out of the sky all the while the big mean machine tries to stomp us to death.

The Ride System:

It will use the same ride system as IOA's Spider-Man does and it will be even more exhilirating as it will be coupled with the new robot arm technology that will let riders experience even more thrills as Max struggles to save us and the city he lives in.

Character sketches:

The Mom:
momsmall.jpg

Max and The Weapon:
kid.jpg

Max and Mom:
kidmom.jpg

stitchcastle

Original Poster
For those new to the thread here is a quick recap of what the new WDW is made of starting with the northern most part of the resort in what is called the "Disneyland" Area:

**The Magic Kingdom**

"Step Into A World of Fantasy. Filled with Ten Lands of Timeless Fun"

-The changes to the Magic Kingdom will be quite significant from major land additions to complete makeovers. The attractions with bold stars are the new/modified ones and explanations of which can be located through out the thread. :)

=main street, u.s.a=
*Walt Disney World Railroad
*Main Street Vehicles
*The Magic Kingdom Parade

=adventureland=
*Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse
*The Enchanted Tiki Room Under New Management
=The Great Jungle Expedition
=Fire Mountain
=Pirates of the Caribbean
=Expedition: Robinson
=Adventure Island

=Critter Country=
*Splash Mountain
=Chanticleer's Reprise
=Home on the Range: A Moo-sical
=Pooh's Hunny Hunt
=Hunny Tree Swingers
*Country Bear Jamboree

=frontierland=
*Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
=Davy Crockett's Wild West Shootout
=Woody's Round-Up
=Frontierland Mule Tours
=Geyser Mountain
=Western River Expedition
=The Sailing Ship Columbia
=Bambi: Prince of the Forest
=Grandmother Willow's Grove

=sleepy hollow=
=The Legend of Sleepy Hollow
=Ichabod Crane's House
=The Sanderson Witches' House

=liberty square=
*The Hall of Presidents
*Liberty Belle Riverboat
=The Haunted Mansion

=fantasyland=
*It's a Small World
*Peter Pan's Flight
=The Daring Adventures of Pinocchio
*Snow White's Scary Adventures
=Kiki's Delivery Service
=The Enchanted Story of Beauty and The Beast
=Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
=Alice in Wonderland
=Alice's Curious Labyrinth
*Mad Hatter's Mad Tea Party
*Cinderella's Royal Carousel
=Monsters Inc. Laugh Factory
=Silly Symphonies Fun House
=Dumbo the Flying Elephant
*Kingdom Hearts (coming soon)

=the enchanted forest=
=Spirited Away
=Tinkerbell's Light Magic
=Bald Mountain

=winterland=
=The Enchanted Snow Palace
=The Snow Queen's Sleigh Rides
=The Snow Palace Carousel

=hogsmeade=
=Flatform 9 3/4
=The Whomping Willow
=The Legend Of Harry Potter

=mickey's toontown=
=Cars!
*Donald's Boat
*The Barnstormer
=Roger Rabbit's Car-toon Spin
=The Powerpuff Girls Save the Day!
=Ludwig Von Drake's Laboratory
=Duckberg Duck Tours

=tomorrowland=
=Space Mountain
*Tomorrowland Transit Authority
*Astro Orbiter
=Stitch's Great Escape: The Whole Story
*Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
*The Carousel of Progress
=Flying Saucers
=Jumba's Galactic Musical Revue
=Powerboy's Big Adventure

=*Nighttime Entertainment*=
=Fantasmic!
=Cinderellabration: Lights of Romance
=Kingdom of Dreams: nighttime spectacular
=Wishes! A Symphony of Dreams Come True

=Magic Kingdom Area Resorts=
*Disney's Contemporary Resort
*Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa
*Disney's Polynesian Resort
*Disney's Wilderness Lodge
*The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
*Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort and Campgrounds
=Disney's Wilderness Junction

**Port Disney**

"Where adventure and imagination set sail to new worlds of discovery"

-The 5th WDW theme park, Port Disney is the long awaited american version of Tokyo DisneySea and acts as a complimentary park to MK.

=port disney entrance plaza=
*The Aquasphere

=mediterranean harbour=
*Venetian Gondolas
*Fortress Explorations
*Porto Paradiso Water Carnival

=american waterfront= (divided between New York and San Fransisco)
*Sail Away
*Port Disney Electric Railway
=Manhattan Motor Mania
=Cops and Robbers Chase
=Showcase of Nautical Marvels
=Kongfrontation
=The Island At The Top of the World

=mysterious island=
*Journey to the Center of the Earth
=20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
=Mysteries of the Nautilus

=port discovery=
=StormChasers
*Aquatopia
=Discovery Mountain: From the Earth to the Moon

=lost river delta=
=Indiana Jones Adventures: Temple of the Scarlet Diamond
=Indiana Jones Adventures: The Lost Expedition
*Raging Spirits: The Altars of Fire and Water
*Mystic Rhythms
*Musicians of Lost River
*Tree People
*Lost River Monkeys
=The Emperor's New Ride

=mermaid lagoon=
*Scuttle's Scooters
*Flounder's Flying Fish Coaster
*Blowfish Balloon Race
*Jumpin' Jellyfish
*The Whirlpool
*Ariels' Playground
*Ariel's Greeting Grotto
=The EAC
=Mr. Ray's Reef School
=Voyage of the Little Mermaid

=castaway cove=
=Pirate Mountain
=Jack Sparrow's Secret Island
=Island Hoppers Playground
=Muppet Treasure Island

=arabian coast=
*Magic Lamp Theater
=Genie's 1001 Arabian Nights
*Sindbad's Seven Voyages
*Caravan Carousel
=The Cave of Wonders
*Desert Wind Players
*Farook and his Talking Camel

=nighttime entertainment=
*Blazing Rhythms
=Disneysea! A Nighttime Extravaganza
=Fantasia

=Port Disney Area Resorts=
*Disney's Grand Venetian Resort

and here is a quick list of the new hotels in all of WDW:
*Disney's Hollywood Resort (MGM)
*Disney's Amazon Towers Resort (DAK)
*Disney's Asian Resort (DAK)
*Disney's World Showcase Hotel (EPCOT)
*Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel (DTD/MGM)

FigmentJedi

You must be really busy? It's been weeks and I've been waiting for more neat ideas. But I expect that school combined with Kingdom Hearts II probably won't help this thread any huh?

stitchcastle

Original Poster
Tahu said:
You must be really busy? It's been weeks and I've been waiting for more neat ideas. But I expect that school combined with Kingdom Hearts II probably won't help this thread any huh?

yeah I'm really busy at the moment :D but here's a quick update anyway :)

World Showcase is to receive a plethora of new attractions to coincide with it turning into a whole resort. From China recieving a new Great Wall roller coaster which is so meticulously themed that one would think it really is the great wall which just happens to have a chinese dragon rolling over it, to a beautiful Egyptian Palace gracing the shores of the WS lagoon, whose pyramids turn into giant projector screens during the nightly Illuminations, to the various dark rides and museums inside all the pavillions. a complete list of the enhancements will come soon.

For Future World, Disney will work hand in hand with the Discovery Channel to further enhance the guest experience, from actual research and scientists actually inhabiting the many scientific pavillions of FW.

The Disney-MGM Studios will be turned into a real working Studio along with capitalizing as the entertainment capital of WDW. From honing talent with its own branch of the Florida Institute of the Arts helping people reach their dreams of being great singers, actors, musicians, directors, animators and special effects people with all the resources of the WDC. There would also be a working outdoor drive-in movie theater built.

Disney's Animal Kingdom will feature a new layout similar to the current Disneyland Resort with two parks in front of each other. The original DAK will be rechristened the Wild Kingdom while the new aquatic animals themed sister park in front of her would be named Oceana. These two parks will be collectively called Disney's Animal Kingdom and will be served by 3 deluxe resorts: the AK Lodge, The Amazon Towers, and the Asian.

The former Discovery Island wlll be turned into the island from Lost and will contain the same clues and mysteries as those from the show, basically letting guests take a first hand look at them and deciphering the mystery for themselves

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom