If I could improve Walt Disney World....

bennyrex

Wow, I feel like such an amateur Disney geek. So many acronyms that I don't understand... What's TOD? Anyway, Mr. Stitch Mountain, I've been trying to think what my favourite part of your Walt Disney Galaxy is, (It's gone beyond being just a world, I think) and I'm having a hard time picking one because it's just so flipping huge.
That being said, I really, really like the idea of the Dueling Jungle Cruise. Before I got into Youth Ministry, it was my idea of a dream job to be a Ride-op on a ride where the operator rides with the riders and has to do a bit of acting. I especially wanted to be a Jaws boat driver. I think it would be great fun to be one of the dueling operators... being able to bounce off not just the riders, but another witty ride-op! Oh, shivers. Maybe I'll still be able to be a Youth Pastor and a Jaws Skipper at the same time. I can dream! Oh, this brings back memories...

flashback

flashback

flashback

Riding Jungle Cruise for the first time when I was six years old, sitting at the front of the boat with an AWESOME skipper. There's one point where the boat *almost* hits a waterfall. The skipper 'wasn't looking where he was steering.' I didn't realize the things were on a track and I SCREAMED and leaped at the skipper. "LOOK OUT FOR THE WATERFALL!" He yelped and spun the wheel and the boat veered away. The skipper thanked me and told the rest of the boat that if it wasn't for my cat-like reflexes, everyone would've gotten drenched. For the rest of the ride, he treated me like a navigator, and got me to 'approve' of all his decisions. I'm pretty sure that was the highlight of the whole Disney trip for me. I'd love to give kids special memories above and beyond the normal Disney experience the way that various ride-ops have for me.

Anyway, sorry for getting off-topic. Oh man, I wish that dueling Jungle Cruise ride was real.

PS... I just looked over the last post and suddenly it hit me! ToD is Tapestry of Dreams! Maybe I'm not so far gone as a Disney geek after all!

stitchcastle

Original Poster
Tahu said:
Looking good as you get more in-depth on things. Spirited Away sounds pretty awesome, though makes me wonder how the split off would work, like whether there was a certain age cutoff that you wouldn't be allowed to ride the "Chihiro" half of the ride. Wasn't there going to be some ToD elements in Light Magic? I know I suggested the Dreamseekers themselves to make appearances within, and I think that a spot in the preshow and of course in the main show would be perfect for them, perhaps setting up the magical events of the Birth of the Stars ceremony.

Thanks Tahu :), there will be no age cut-off for the Chihiro part at all but it will be actively encouraged that children be separated from their guardians.

before we move on to the transition area between Fantasyland and Frontierland, we find ourselves drawn back to Fantasyland Plaza as the new show, The Festival of Fools, begins.

The Festival of Fools - Music, dance and laughter fill the Fantasyland air as Clopin, the Gypsy, leads a colorful celebration of freedom, beauty, truth and love. This almost non-stop Topsy turvy day gets everybody dancing and singing and acting silly, even Cinderella Castle's resident bellringer, Quasimodo. And when the evil Frollo finds out that Quasi has escaped from his sanctuary, teh celerbation turns into an all out rebellion against Frollo and his guards as the people sing, dance and laugh their way to free Quasimodo from his stone prison.
-This twice daily show takes place around the Fantasyland Plaza hub and encourages guests to sing and dance along to both classic and contemporary party tunes.
-The show features colorful puppetry. And rolling mechanisms that emit both fog and confetti (don't worry, it vacuums the confetti out too)
-The show can be deemed similar to DCA's Block Party Bash and TDL's Blazing Rhythms.
-The show also features a good amount of acrobatics from performers around the hub, to Quasimodo swinging around the Castle.

Once the show ends, we notice a thunderous roar from the north, we see flames over The Forbidden Mountain in the horizon another group of innocent tourists plummet down the flume.

we look over to the east and find ourselves drawn to the pleasantly laid back feel of the meadows surrounding the main village. We look off to the distance, in the meadow, is a giant open storybook telling the Story of Winnie The Pooh's Hunny Hunt. We look around and we see the meadow buzzing with activity as a "bees" swing around a Hunny Tree. and children of all ages playing in around a little playground.

we go further east but we reach a fork in the road. one leads to the village square while the other leads down a winding dark path with a tall sign that says "Beware of Beast" (see" Promise of The Rose, page 1)

We decide to head on to the village where Snow White finds herself constantly eating poisoned apples a beatiful fountain with water dancing with the music sets the stage for a peaceful little european village.

stitchcastle

Original Poster
bennyrex said:
Wow, I feel like such an amateur Disney geek. So many acronyms that I don't understand... What's TOD? Anyway, Mr. Stitch Mountain, I've been trying to think what my favourite part of your Walt Disney Galaxy is, (It's gone beyond being just a world, I think) and I'm having a hard time picking one because it's just so flipping huge.
That being said, I really, really like the idea of the Dueling Jungle Cruise. Before I got into Youth Ministry, it was my idea of a dream job to be a Ride-op on a ride where the operator rides with the riders and has to do a bit of acting. I especially wanted to be a Jaws boat driver. I think it would be great fun to be one of the dueling operators... being able to bounce off not just the riders, but another witty ride-op! Oh, shivers. Maybe I'll still be able to be a Youth Pastor and a Jaws Skipper at the same time. I can dream! Oh, this brings back memories...

flashback

flashback

flashback

Riding Jungle Cruise for the first time when I was six years old, sitting at the front of the boat with an AWESOME skipper. There's one point where the boat *almost* hits a waterfall. The skipper 'wasn't looking where he was steering.' I didn't realize the things were on a track and I SCREAMED and leaped at the skipper. "LOOK OUT FOR THE WATERFALL!" He yelped and spun the wheel and the boat veered away. The skipper thanked me and told the rest of the boat that if it wasn't for my cat-like reflexes, everyone would've gotten drenched. For the rest of the ride, he treated me like a navigator, and got me to 'approve' of all his decisions. I'm pretty sure that was the highlight of the whole Disney trip for me. I'd love to give kids special memories above and beyond the normal Disney experience the way that various ride-ops have for me.

Anyway, sorry for getting off-topic. Oh man, I wish that dueling Jungle Cruise ride was real.

PS... I just looked over the last post and suddenly it hit me! ToD is Tapestry of Dreams! Maybe I'm not so far gone as a Disney geek after all!

haha, yeah i went nuts on my first Jungle Cruise too. It's definately a "skipper-driven" attraction which was why i felt that it could be greatly improved with two operators just bouncing witty insults against each other. Sort of like two opposing groups of football fans yelling "my team is better".

anyway, i'm off to hit the hay for tonight. Tomorrow, i'll get into the tour of Fairy tale village with Kiki's Delivery Service and Pinnochio. And then all the way to Winterland, before going to Flatform 9 3/4 for our tour of Hogsmeade. Hopefully we'd make it to Toontown for lunch, then Tomorrowland, then all the way across to Frontierland and be able to stake out a spot for "Fantasmic!" by the afternoon.

oh and i might be able to upload the MK version of the park posters to go along with PD and AK.

FigmentJedi

Well, it's good to see that you are thinking harder on your ideas and giving us a nice walkthrough. On another note, I love how you recycled old assignment papers into those park posters. So wait, would you summarize Kingdom Hearts in the stuff coming tommorow then? I assume that the worlds used in the Kingdom Hearts attraction would be the ones that don't already have some sort of representation in the park(in otherwise, no Peter Pan or Wonderland within)?

bennyrex

Whoops, you're stitchcastle, not stitch mountain. Meh.

Have a good night, eh? I'm looking forward to hearing about Kiki's Delivery Service. I love that movie. (I haven't seen Spirited Away, yet.)

And a hallo to Tahu as well. (I find it kinda cool that you can tell who's browsing the boards. Can you tell that I don't have much computer experience?)

MuRkErY

I love your ideas for Spirited Away, I've been meaning to buy that film for months, must remember, lol.

The only way I could see there being a problem is if you get some really bratty kid who says they hate there parents :eek:

Could cause a bit of a confrontation, lol. :fork:

Figment571

Hey your concepts are great you should definatly try to be an animator or an an Imagineer! I saw something about Figment being a Keywielder and I was wondering if you could draw something up maybe? And also it mentioned the True Light as being Walt. He was actually considered for being in Kingdom Hearts. You are an incredible artist!!:sohappy:

FigmentJedi

Yeah, that was my idea for a Kingdom Hearts story with Figment as a Keyblade Master trailing Sora's journey and trying to find Dreamfinder and awaken Walt. While Sora's Keyblade comes from the World of Light, Mickey's from Darkness, Riku's from Twilight, Figment(and Dreamfinder's)'s would tie into the World of Mind, considering the whole thing in Kingdom Hearts about a person being essentially three basic parts(Heart, Body and Mind

Figment571

Tahu said:
Yeah, that was my idea for a Kingdom Hearts story with Figment as a Keyblade Master trailing Sora's journey and trying to find Dreamfinder and awaken Walt. While Sora's Keyblade comes from the World of Light, Mickey's from Darkness, Riku's from Twilight, Figment(and Dreamfinder's)'s would tie into the World of Mind, considering the whole thing in Kingdom Hearts about a person being essentially three basic parts(Heart, Body and Mind

HHMMM maybe the 4 game will tie in the parks. 4th because you know Chain of Memories. But the idea of having Walt was scrapped.:rolleyes: Wishful thinking though.

FigmentJedi

Yeah, I heard that Disney wouldn't allow putting Walt in or something, which is a real shame.I also had a neat idea for park elements today, mainly Cranium Command based. If the next game ties into the Mind, why not incorporate the Cranium Commandos and have Buzzy be the pilot of Sora's brain.

mehdimetru

I have a lot of ideas today
here they are
MK-Space Mountain Supernova: as you are blasted into space a giant Supernova explodes and millions of meteorites are heading your way and you have to escape and get through the red vortex on time.
MK-Alien Encounter: Battle of the Aliens: You come to X-S Tech for the demonstration of making life but something goes wrong and a ultra dangerous alien attacks but there comes Stitch to rescue you but first he has to fight the other alien.
MK-Buzz Lightyear Energy Blasters(Buzz Lightyear update): once again you have to help Buzz Lightyear in your updated XP-3000 vehicles with ultra laser weapons to defeat the emperor Zurg but this time it will be more dangerous because this time his troops are stronger and he has built an even stronger weapon The Z-Exterminator.
EP-Hyper Storm 4.D.(replaces Honey I Shrunk The Audience): a super exciting 4-D movie that features meteorites supernova's black holes and so much more.
MGM-Star Tours Episode 2: The Journey Trough the Galaxy.
MGM-The Twillight Zone Tower of Terror 5.
MGM-Lights,Motors, Extreme Stuntshow Spectaculair(lights,motors,action name change)
MGM-Need For Speed: The Blacklist Challenge
MGM-Sky High: The SUPERcoaster
MGM-Star Wars Episode III: The 4D Experience
AK-Expedition Everest II:Return of the Mountain
AK-Bionicle Rocks!!!!!!(replaces Tarzan Rocks!)
AK-The Return of The Hunter
PD-Discovery Mountain II: Return to the Moon

stitchcastle

Original Poster
Thanks for the comments guys! please keep posting them! :)

Kiki's Flying Delivery Service
-We come to a small bake shop in Fantasy Village with a sign up front that reads "Kiki's Flying Delivery Service". we make our way inside to find rows upon rows of freshly baked pastry, filling the air with a delectable aroma.
-We learn that Kiki, a witch in training, runs a flying delivery service here and that she is off to some far away place to deliver something for a client, unfortunately, for some reason, Kiki has been delayed and now, a whole bunch of new packages are impatiently awaiting delivery. But don't worry, Tombo, Kiki's flight-obsessed freind, has deviced a new flying machine that will help deliver all the packages, all he needs now are pilots! that's where you come in. You must safely deliver all of the 7 packages to its destination all over town in this sleek new flying machine.
-Things go off to a rough start when we almost end up hitting a bus while learning the controls of the machine but you slowly get the hang of it. Unfortunately, there is one package that needs to be delivered somewhere really far and to figure out how to get there fast, we need to fly really high up in the air. that's when all the trouble begins. The wind picks up and we soon learn what delayed Kiki--a storm!
-We are soon uncontrollably blown away by the strong winds and pouring rain. and just when we seem to be about to meet our makers, Kiki shows up! will she be able to rescue us and deliver the packages in time?
-This new dark ride that will take over the old pooh building will use a new kind of ride technology that combines both the suspended vehicles of Peter Pan's flight and the EMV motion simulator as well as celver use of special effects and projection screens to fully bring to life this animated masterpiece.
-When the storm starts, you might get wet
-The sarcastic Gigi provides on-ride commentary.
-This attraction has two gift shops. the one at the end of the ride belongs to Ursula, the painter from the movie and is filled witht he usual merchandise. The other one is at the entrance and is a real bake shop (with free samples given as a 'snack for the road'). the entrance also features a talking AA black cat named Gigi.

After experienceing that harrowing experience with the flying machine we look out to see the surroundings, There is a tavern not very far which has people singing about a man named Gaston, that might be a good place to ahev lunch...or not. Beside it is a Toy Shop run by a man named Gepetto.

against our better judgement, we go ahead and have a light brunch at the Tavern where we learn of a castle hidden in the woods wherein lies a monstrous Beast.

FigmentJedi

mehdimetru said:
AK-Bionicle Rocks!!!!!!(replaces Tarzan Rocks!)
Bionicle wouldn't fit too well in Animal kingdom, it could work for Port Disney, MGM or Magic Kingdom. Also, some of those ideas are rather weak(plus I had the whole Stitch vs Alien idea for a while now). Perhaps if you elaborated more.

stitchcastle

Original Poster
we now decide to back track from the bakery, from the village and into that dirt pathway in the forest.

The Enchanted Castle of Beauty and the Beast
-We find ourselves deep in a dark stormy forest, wolves howling all around us, we continue to walk through the winding road looking uncanilly similar to a certain classic disney movie. We pass by ominous decaying trees, dead leaves, all over the place. We finally reach the gates of a large castle. Where we go through the entrance courtyard, feeling as though we're being watched by these seemingly non-living gargoyles all over the place. we finally reach the insides of the castle and we hear voices all over the dark place. echoing down the hallways and from the grand staircase. we are led to an amphitheater spread upon 3 levels.
as we take our seats, the lights dim and an aniamtronic Lumiere greets us and talks it up with a castmember. After a quick argument about "disturbing the master". Lumiere decides that there shall be a party in honor of the guests "and what is a party without...music"
the show then starts on the extravagant notes of the movie's show stopper "be our guest" piece.
Plates, candles, dinnerware and all the enchanted objects featured in the movies scene would all make an appearance in this kick-off segment of the show, all in the form of elaborate AudioAnimatronic objects located both on the stage and around the theatre. we are treated to a visual and musical masterpiece of Disney showmanship culminating with an incredible show of lights flickering from the descended centre ceiling mounted lighting and stopping on the same high pitched note you hear in the movie.
Right after this exciting start the theatre lights would dramatically change to reveal the castles gargoyles descending from all over the theatre to the sound of drums climbing up to the rhythm of the "kill the beast" song in the movie. Only that this version has different lyrics. Under the name "Beware the beast" the gargoyles warns us of the awful temperament of the castle's owner and explained the story of the course and the rose. Most of these gargoyles would have looked mostly like the one's featured in the final segment of the movie (where the beast and Gaston fight on the roof), some others would have been smaller, acting like heads and statues on columns , or simply having limited arm and eye-flicker movement! (look for cameos of the Hunchback Gargoyles too)

and with the last not of their song, a large puff of smoke erupts from the main stage in the center of the theater and The Beast himself in all his furry glory comes out roaring and angry."Why have you all come here to stare at me?" he roars and snarls at us "so you came here to see the beast?"

"wait!" a voice calls out from the audience, It is Belle and she runs out to the Beast to comfort him "no! they are friends! They came here to great you not harm you" she says as she caresses the Beast's cheeks. She then goes out to the audience and selects a child to give a rose to the Beast.

and as the child gives the Beast the rose, the lights change and the beast takes the rose to his nose and sheds a single tear.

"at last he has finally learned to love" echoes the voice of Mrs. Potts. as a puff of smoke and a cacophony of lights take over the Beast. and before our very eyes, the Beast is gone and its place, a handsome prince. The prince and Belle look into each other's eyes and as the song "Beauty and the Beast" fills the theater, the whole castle begins to transform. going from the dark, dilapitated ruins of a castle we entered, to a beautiful french chateu. as we exit the tehater, we notice that even the exterior and area aroudn teh castle have changed, gone is the ruined facade and in its place is a beautifully lit garden full of beautiful statues, the forest no longer wilted, in its place a lush green garden, leading us back to the village.

-This is a carry-over from the abandoned EuroDisneyland phase 2 projects.
-this attraction is basically The Enchanted Tikki Room on steroids
-This area takes over the right-hand side of Cinderella Castle (without any changes to the castle itself). This would stand where the old Fairy tale garden used to be and shares its show building with Kiki's Delivery Service.

comments are always welcome :)

Wannabe Walt

I love the show idea. Keep up the amazing work. Also, if you want me to make the 3D models, please post exactly, in detail, what you want.

stitchcastle

Original Poster
Thanks Wannabe Walt, if you'd like, you can take a jab at creating the new Mainstreet (with the indoor arcades from Disneyland Paris), creating an exact replica of what Mainstreet is now, adding in the arcades from paris, and putting the Tokyo Disneyland Cinderellabration hub at the end with Cinderella Castle.

anyway, I'll continue the tour of Fantasyland.

We make our way back to Fantasyland plaza, we decide to skip The 100 Hundred Acre woods due to the long lines at the popular "Pooh's Hunny Hunt" import from Tokyo and decide to opt for a more lesurely ride down the Walt Disney World Railroad.

we go north towards the Fantasyland Train Station. We hurry up as there seems to be a red train that has just stopped to load passengers. Without looking at the signs, we immediately board the train without really knowing where it's headed.

As we take our seats inside the large train, we notice that there were people still waiting outside for a train, but not boarding this one. Something's wrong, we feel, as the train begins to move. A familiar piece of music begins to fill the train as the train leaves the station, it goes down a different track than the usual grand circle tour and by now we realize, that we've accidentally gone down a differnet loading flatform.

The train blows its horn as it enters a dark tunnel. the train stops inside, an in the dark, the conductor tells us to not be afraid as this is a "routine" checkpoint. The whole train goes cold as out the windows appear these large hooded creatures, floating around, inspecting each passenger. they are dementors, says the conductor, and theya re just inspecting if the escaped prisoner of Azkaban was in the train.

After the inspection, the train roars on, gathering speed, out the tunnel. We now roll by scenic views of the english countryside. and in teh distance, we can see a large castle.

The train finally stops at a station and tells us all to unload. a rather large man is awaiting us right outside, ringing a bell telling all "potential students" to follow him.

We manage to get out of the station and find ourselves in a seemingly quaint little english town. There is a candy store, a tavern, even a haunted house. We decide to follow the large man as he leads us down a roadway towards the large castle. Along the way we notice a a large tree, that seems to be alive as it hurls a bunch of old cars around the air with seemingly terrified passengers. we then reach the castle gates...

The Legend of Harry Potter
-It is "open house" day at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and all potential wizards are invited on a tour of the school's facilities. We are greeted by an animagus who is to be our guide in the tour.
-We are led through the hallways of the entire school, giving us a glimpse of what it's like to live in the school and the history behind it. We go past the great hall, where students socialize and have their meals, in the library, the different departments of education, even the hidden dormitories, we even catch a glimpse of the wizards in flight training as well as a Quidditch match.
-Just as the tour is about to end, there is an emergency, an Ogre has invaded the school and we are told to evacuate. but our guide seems to be more worried about something else, so against his/her better judgement, he leads us to a secret room that is guarded by a giant three-headed dog. The guide tells one of us to play a flute to make the dog(s) calm. And once we do, the dog does indeed fall asleep. the guide then leads us into a hatch behind the dog where there is a giant menacing plant trying to ward us off. The guide then gives one of us a wand and instructs us to yell "lumos" and when we do, the wind lights up and the plant backs off. we then continue on towards another room, this time there is a giant chess set. We are met up by 3 other tours and is decided that we are all going to play the game to advance.

(*) This is the part of the ride that decides how your ending is going to be, if you place 4th, you take on a different route straight to the ending of the story, placing third, lets you lose on the dark forest and encounter "the prisoner of Azkaban" placing 2nd, takes you to "the Chamber of Secrets", if you checkmate the king, you advance to the "Sorcerer's Stone".

at this point, you will have to have read the first 3 books to see how it ends.

-Each ride vehicle will be a modified version of HM's "Doom Buggy" that will have a separate seat for a "tour guide".
-think of this ride as Pooh's hunny Hunt meets Haunted Mansion meets the Jungle Cruise meets Spider-man.
-The ride loads 4 "tours" at a time: Griffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin.
-The "Chess" part of the ride is totally random and your capacity to deal with it sets up your ending.

stitchcastle

Original Poster
After the "hogwarts experience", we get out and pass by a little play area for children themed to Hagrid's Hut, the large man earlier, We take in all te sights and sounds of the area With the beautifully rendered Hogsmeade vilalge all around us.

We then decide it's time to explore lands other than Fantasyland as lunch is quickly approaching and we wouldn't want to miss the big parade in the afternoon. We decide to get back on the Train, out of Hogsmeade and take on the "scenic tour" of the Magic Kingdom.

The train takes us out of Hogsmeade, down a path that gives us a beautiful glimpse of the Snow Queen's Enchanted Snow Palace. The train then goes through a tunnel inside the palace, where we catch a glimpse of the flume ride inside. We are also surrounded by beautiful ice crystals and Polar Bears and various other arctic animals.

As the train leaves the tunnel, we pass by a view of ToonTown. We chug on through Tomorrowland, then to the Mainstreet station, where we load in some more passengers. then straight through Adventureland where we catch a glimpse of the gigantic "Fire Mountain" before moving on to Critter Country and finally, Frontierland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom