If I could improve Walt Disney World....

stitchcastle

Original Poster
I corrected the typo :D no, none of the characters will be present but there will be a few clues about the first expedition. Complete details on this ride as well as the other 4 big ones will come soon. And I'm considering having MGM's "big one" be an expanded version of one of the first enhancements I made, "Lights Camera Dreams!". Turning it into a park-wide musical

FigmentJedi

Now, how exactly is Atlantis going to fit as the key attraction for Animal Kingdom? How does it fit into the message of Animal Kingdom?

stitchcastle

Original Poster
It will be explained in the story, it's really complicated but Atlantis is going to be a sort of "entrance" to AK's aquatic side, which will just happen to feature the world's largest aquarium, plus the main story of the ride will show something about the origin of species.

FigmentJedi

So wait? Is Living Seas going to be moved or something within Oceana or something? Or is Living Seas still going to remain as a companion attraction(though in seperate parks)?

stitchcastle

Original Poster
yes, Living Seas will still remain as a companion attraction. Neo Atlantis and the Living Seas will serve different purposes for each park.

The new aquarium (Neo Atlantis) will be essential to the story of M:A as this facility will be the reason we're going inside the volcano in the first place. It will have an epic land-wide storyline similar to the New DinoLand and Port Disney's Mysterious Island

FigmentJedi

Maybe you could incorporate elements of the 90's Gamera movie mythology and have encounters with swarms of Gyaos in the caves(with Gamera fighting them off of course). In those Gamera films, both monsters were genetically created by the Atlanteans. However, the Gyaos bred fast and nearly destroyed humanity until the Atlanteans used Gamera as a weapon against them, though their civilization was destroyed in the process. It wouldn't be too bad to include another ecological message into Animal Kingdom, in this case, the dangers of genetic engineering new, and in the Gyaos' case, horrifying creatures.

MuRkErY

Teach me how to draw like that, lol. :cry:

Seriously though, where did you learn to draw like that, or does it just come natural ?

That's my goal for this year while i'm at University, learn how to draw, lol.

stitchcastle

Original Poster
thanks Murkery :) If you're really motivated enough, I'm pretty sure you'll reach your goal :)

"Atlantis" is just the tip of the iceberg for what's going to happen to DAK as it will face the most massive expansion of any of the parks, even moreso than MK's massive land overhauls. For Disney's Animal Kingdom will become the world's largest single theme park by adding a "second gate" which would essentially turn DAK nto 2 giant parks in one.

for a sneak peek at what's new in DAK, go back a page and scroll down to the expansion recap :)

yensidtlaw1969

So somewhat like Epcot if Futureworld opened first and then later expanded with World Showcase? This could be interesting . . .

Yensid "terra-terri,-tomato-tomato-.-.-.

.-.-.actually-it's-nothing-like-that" tlaw1969

yensidtlaw1969

MuRkErY said:
Teach me how to draw like that, lol. :cry:

Seriously though, where did you learn to draw like that, or does it just come natural ?

That's my goal for this year while i'm at University, learn how to draw, lol.
EVERYONE can draw. People just have different styles. Some don't like their style. If you don't like it, CHANGE IT.

have a nice day!

Yensid "mmmmmmmm-,-popcorn-.-.-." tlaw1969

stitchcastle

Original Poster
yensidtlaw1969 said:
So somewhat like Epcot if Futureworld opened first and then later expanded with World Showcase? This could be interesting . . .

Yensid "terra-terri,-tomato-tomato-.-.-.

.-.-.actually-it's-nothing-like-that" tlaw1969

exactly, only this time, both entities are strongly unified by one theme: animals real, extinct and imagined. The second gate, will mirror the orginal DAK except it will be seen from the point of view of the oceans. I will post the new attractions and what to expect of the new park sometime tonight along with possible concept art for the area's main icon.

Wannabe Walt

Been a while since I've replied. I'm lovin' you new ideas. As I've said before, but I never got a reply to it, if you would like, I could create some 3D Computerized Models of your creations if you would like. They would be done in a program called SketchUp...I love it! lol. Lemme know soon please!

stitchcastle

Original Poster
Thanks so much Wannabe Walt! And yes 3d models would be awesome! :D thank you thank you thank you!

I'm currently torn between 3 things conscerning the new DAK. I'm not sure whether to put a) a fountain b) a large iconic structure or c) a lake ala World Showcase as the center piece for Oceana

FigmentJedi

I'd say an elaborate fountain based in a large coral like structure featuring sea creatures formed within, as a companion to the Tree of Life.

stitchcastle

Original Poster
Wannabe Walt said:
stitchcastle, what do you want models of exactly? I would also like Concept art for whatever you want modelled so I have a reference source.

I'm not sure yet, probably a ride through of the major e-tickets first, starting with "Anaconda" I'll provide art and floorplans when I have time :)

As for Oceana's main icon, I'm considering putting the entire area indoors or at least the areas set underwater which would be a majority of the place. anyway, here are some of the "lands" that come with the new area:

==Paradise Bay==
-Set amongst a backdrop of lush tropical beaches, discover the many sea creatures that thrive in the coral reefs surrounding this land.
*attractions*
*The Great Barrier Reef Diving Experience - Guests will be able to actually experience the Great Barrier reef by actually going in the water and wonder at the wonders of the reef around them.
*Nemo's Big Submarine Adventure - Join Nemo and friends in this wonderful little dark ride.
*Predation Alley - Join a team of Marine Biologist as they observe one of the most feared predators of all: the Great White Shark
*Dolphin Encounter - Put your wet suits on and play with these gentle creatures of the sea.
*The Undersea Adventures of Aquaman - Join the king of the sea in a brave adventure as he maintains peace between humans and the ocen.
*Jellyfish Forest - Discover the wonders of Palau's Jellyfish lake.
*Whale Watchers - See these gentle giants up close and personal in this glorious new e-ticket experience

*Paradise Bay is going to be the largest land in Oceana as well as act as a parallel to Terra's Africa when it comes to attractions.

==Antarctica==
-This frigid world is home to some of the most fascinating creatures in the world. Explore the grat white plains and canyons of this ice covered land.
*attractions:
*March of the Penguins - Experience for yourself what the penguins have to go through every year in this circle-vision 3d special effects opera of life and survival.
*Polar Bear Jamboree - Those Coca Cola commercials with those dancing bears lets you shake your groove thing in this all out arctic party.
*White Desert Trek - Board an Ice Buggy and explore one of the most unforgiving yet majestic places on earth.
*South Pole Observation Deck - View the animals that call this place home from the safety of a high teck observation bridgeway system.

=New Atlantis=
- A rebel Billionaire's obsession with the sea leads him to create this underwater sanctuary where he can view all the creature of the deep and continue with his quest for the greatest city that ever was.
*attractions
*Mission: Atlantis - encounter msyterious beasts and unnderwater peril as you enter a giant active volcano in the tropics of the ring of fire in search of the legendary lost city.
*Aliens of the Deep - board your own deep sea exploration vehicle and discover some of the most mysterious and fascinating creatures of the abyss.

FigmentJedi

Do you think you might consider my ideas for Mission Atlantis for Gamera and Gyao's involvement in addition to the rest of the cool stuff from Lost Empire that both was kept in and got cut out?

stitchcastle

Original Poster
Maybe not for WDW, but it might factor in greatly for an attraction I'm planning as part of WDW's 50th as its "gift" to Tokyo Disneyland Resort :)

oh and here's some random factoids about my WDW expansion.

*POTC will be greatly expanded and will be located on its own "island" in Adventureland. Plus it would include brand new scenes that aren't in the DL version incorporating thigns both from the movies and other original and historical pirate references.

*BTMR will be torn down and put back on top of Western River Expedition, the way it was originally meant to be.

*characters from both Finding Nemo and The Little Mermaid inhabit PD's Mermaid Lagoon

*Port Disney, like MK, will also have "utilidoors"

*The New SpectroMagic Parade for EPCOT will include floats featuring The Sage of Time, Finding Nemo and Figment.

*DAK's East Entrance (Oceana) will feature a large multi-level carousel where guests can choose to ride animals of land, sea, or air.

*On occassion, The original Jungle Cruise script will be used for GJE, this is done when the Jeep tours part of the attraction is under rehab. The same thing is done when the Cruise part is under rehab.

*Lucky The Dinosaur will have a cousin named Scorch the Dragon who regularly roams MK's Fantasyland.

*During the Flower and Garden Festival, Botanica, the queen of plants and flowers, visits EPCOT to join in the festivities.

*Staying at the Contemporary Resort will allow special viewing for both MK's and PD's nightly firewoks shows

*The 3 WDW Volcanoes (Prometheus (PD), Fire Mountain (MK), Yassur (DAK)) erupt simulataneously every fifteen minutes and act as clocks erupting for an appropriate number of times every hour. (Mt. Prometheus however, stops during the night shows)

*Fort Wilderness' River Country water park is also open to guests of PD's Medditerranean Hotel.

*MK, PD, EPCOT, and MGM never present their fireworks shows at the same time so as not to distract the neighboring park's respective shows. So if you act fast enough and know the right order of parks to zoom in through monorail, you can watch the 4 major fireworks shows in one night.

FigmentJedi

So with Big Thunder's demolition, would it just be that all the rockwork and framework and track would be kept and then put on top of the Western River showbuilding?

stitchcastle

Original Poster
essentially, yes, the entire structure would be put over WRE along with touhing it up and making it look even more realistic along with a slight extension in the tracks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom