iasw OPEN? BEEN ON IT?

Atta83

KevinPage said:
For all of us people who graduated high school a millenia ago, what the heck is a LiveStrong braclet :veryconfu

Yes, the live Livestrong bracelet is for cancer research , I have a yellow one myself, and then I have a red band that I got from a college that supports the troops in Iraq and shows that I have adopted a soilder.

I cant wait to see IASW next week!!

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I-am-so-excited! I can't wait to see this now...i've already watched the video twice...the load/unload area with the clock tower looks so awesome. I had no idea what to expect since i have never seen the DL version and i am impressed! Cant wait...the Livestrong bracelt on the surfer was a nice touch :) I wonder if anything else along those lines were snuck in...just another way for the refurb crews to keep themselves entertained i guess.

speck76

General Grizz said:
I know there are some going around for Tsunami relief. . .

Those are Blue......there is a green one for the troops in the middle-east, and also a red one for CMN.

These are the new ribbons.

1disneydood

TheOneVader said:
Personally, I avoid the ride like the plague, ever sice this dream I had. I was on the ride, and everything was going like usual... We saw all the Dolls and such... But then the lead Doll saw us going through, and ordered all of his singing Doll minions (Which Disney wants you to think are nice, but they're not) to attack us. The Dolls broke the bolts on their feet and starting closing in on us. There was nowhere to hide. Then they start singing louder, and loduer, and.... Well, then I woke up... :lookaroun
Like a certain scene from Barbarella. ;)

disneydata

I hope I don't offend anyone, but I am very dissappointed with the "new" isaw. I tried to get on it yesterday, but they were apparently haveing technical issues. I did get on it today before the second SpectroMagic.

Granted, I do love the new queue room. There were some things in there not working (the front doors below the clock). I did notice an abundance of the Hong Kong cultural reps working there. The boats seemed smaller, maybe I'm wrong, but there was a lot less leg room tham I remember.

There was just too much wrong with the ride. I feel they should have waited before opening it up again. I saw dolls that weren't moving. One of the drummers in the middle of the ride was missing his drum and another was not moving. There was a disc that was spinning that looked like it was supposed to be a bird, but there was nothing on it other than the disc. The wire guys in the last room were not working. They removed the frowning clown with the "help" sign (yes it is gone, I looked everywhere for it).

I definitely did like the new song in the last room. How it starts with the kids singing then gradually changes into a full chorus and orchestra at the end. I guess I'm just a music geek.

speck76

disneydata said:
I hope I don't offend anyone, but I am very dissappointed with the "new" isaw. I tried to get on it yesterday, but they were apparently haveing technical issues. I did get on it today before the second SpectroMagic.

Granted, I do love the new queue room. There were some things in there not working (the front doors below the clock). I did notice an abundance of the Hong Kong cultural reps working there. The boats seemed smaller, maybe I'm wrong, but there was a lot less leg room tham I remember.

There was just too much wrong with the ride. I feel they should have waited before opening it up again. I saw dolls that weren't moving. One of the drummers in the middle of the ride was missing his drum and another was not moving. There was a disc that was spinning that looked like it was supposed to be a bird, but there was nothing on it other than the disc. The wire guys in the last room were not working. They removed the frowning clown with the "help" sign (yes it is gone, I looked everywhere for it).

I definitely did like the new song in the last room. How it starts with the kids singing then gradually changes into a full chorus and orchestra at the end. I guess I'm just a music geek.

The fact that the parks are currently in a peak season, and an early Easter (like this year) will always bring much larger crowds than a later Easter (trust me, it is true), I think the ride had to be opened to manage flow in the park.....even if it is not yet 100%.

peter11435

disneydata said:

I don't think the doors in the front are supposed to open with the others. I believe those only open every half hour to display the time.

thimblekisses

Those little rubbery bracelets, like the LiveStrong bracelets, are EVERYWHERE! I work with sixth graders and the number of those I see up and down there arms is amazing. All different colors. When I was at MK yesterday, I went in the store on Main Street that has all the princess costumes, and they had a rack of them in there. But now, the purpose of them has moved past helping charities and on to just the fact that they are popular and people will buy them. In the princess store they were sold as friendship bracelets, and they were all colors, some multiple colors, and said things like "flirty" or "best friends". Silly.

BTW, my apologies for us not getting our video and pics up last night. We had a show after we got back from the World, and we fell asleep when we got home! (while watching the Incredibles!) We have a matinee today, but hopefully we'll be able to get our video and pics up tonight. Stay tuned!

Yukinon

Okay I havent' seen this asked or found a picture yet, so I am hoping this hasn't been addressed yet, if it has, please tell me where I can find out...

In the Polynesia scene right near the end before you go into the white room, there is a little Australian boy holding a boomerang and standing by his dingo. For years we have laughed that dingo gets dirtier and dirtier!! Have they cleaned up that poor dingo or is he still really gross and dirty looking? Any help is appreciated - we wont be getting back to Disney til 2006 :(

donsullivan

Premium Member
Yukinon said:
Okay I havent' seen this asked or found a picture yet, so I am hoping this hasn't been addressed yet, if it has, please tell me where I can find out...

In the Polynesia scene right near the end before you go into the white room, there is a little Australian boy holding a boomerang and standing by his dingo. For years we have laughed that dingo gets dirtier and dirtier!! Have they cleaned up that poor dingo or is he still really gross and dirty looking? Any help is appreciated - we wont be getting back to Disney til 2006 :(

He seemed all cleaned up and turned out to me the other day. The whole ride is absolutely beautiful no matter where you look. My video only has a few frames of him since just as he came into view, I panned across to the other side and don't have a clear picture of him.

donsullivan

Premium Member
disneydata said:
....The boats seemed smaller, maybe I'm wrong, but there was a lot less leg room tham I remember.....

I happened to be in the last row and there is absolutely a change in that row. The seat is less than 6 inches high so you're just about sitting on the floor with your knees up your nose throughout the ride. I suspect many older guests will have trouble getting in and out of that row with the seats so low.

These boats have 6 rows but I can't remember how many the old ones had.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom