iasw OPEN? BEEN ON IT?

I was just wondering, wasn't one of the points of the refurb to "add some new friends"? I thought I remembered reading where disney was going add "some new friends" to IASW. Anyone else remember this or am I making things up again?

DarkMeasures

I have two complaints....

1. The outside entrance still looks like fairground tents.

2. The ceiling in the loading room is too bare. The sun from the old version helped cover that up. But I think a fake sky or removing the roof would do better.

Besides that, looks good and like Disneyland. Too bad I don't like Small World.

egionet

Ned Brainard said:
I was just wondering, wasn't one of the points of the refurb to "add some new friends"? I thought I remembered reading where disney was going add "some new friends" to IASW. Anyone else remember this or am I making things up again?

Actually the point of the refurbishment was to put in a new sound system, repaint the inside, put in the new facade in the queue area, put new heads on all the dolls, fix the items that no longer worked that were hanging from the ceiling, and removes the asbestos from the ceiling. I know they were supposed to add a new doll at the end of the Asia scene that was a girl bowing, as opposed to the two boys bowing, to make things PC. Since I haven't been on the ride I'm not sure if this actually happened or not; although I'm assuming it did. I hope this explains things :wave:

MsSpinShady

Great pictures and video - thanks!!! I also had a little problem with the audio, but I think that's probably on my end. Quicktime and my computer are not friends. :(

raven

DarkMeasures said:
The ceiling in the loading room is too bare. The sun from the old version helped cover that up. But I think a fake sky or removing the roof would do better.

Having the ceiling covers rain from the load area unlike at DL. Also, having a roof over it allows for the lighting design in the queue area to be axactly the same all day and in any weather condition. And who looks at the ceiling anyway when there is so much other stuff to see? :animwink:

donsullivan

Premium Member
MsSpinShady said:
Great pictures and video - thanks!!! I also had a little problem with the audio, but I think that's probably on my end. Quicktime and my computer are not friends. :(

Don't necessarily assume that. There are a couple of glitches in the audio. It was just slapped together quickly and I didn't spend any time to clean anything up.

General Grizz

egionet said:
Actually the point of the refurbishment was to put in a new sound system, repaint the inside, put in the new facade in the queue area, put new heads on all the dolls, fix the items that no longer worked that were hanging from the ceiling, and removes the asbestos from the ceiling. I know they were supposed to add a new doll at the end of the Asia scene that was a girl bowing, as opposed to the two boys bowing, to make things PC. Since I haven't been on the ride I'm not sure if this actually happened or not; although I'm assuming it did. I hope this explains things :wave:
And get rid of that nasty asbestos...

Jerm

That looks amazing!!!!! I would have to say (not a phrase I say often) Walt would be proud. They took Small World from DL (the one Walt built) and put it in a smaller space but made it look better. Some of you may not know this but Walt wanted DL's to be all water not just the flume like they have, so when they built the MK one they did want he wanted but had to cut back on the feel. It looks amazing, it was like I was riding it here at DL.

One thing, has anyone that has gone on it seen if the clowen with the "help me" sign is still in the ballon? That was the greatest thing ever, I would be sad if it didn't make it in.

J

MsSpinShady

Well, one year and several million dollars later, my 4-year old DD just watched this with me and her response was, "The sound doesn't sound so good." :lol: :lol: :lol:

donsullivan said:
Don't necessarily assume that. There are a couple of glitches in the audio. It was just slapped together quickly and I didn't spend any time to clean anything up.

I explained to her that it's the computer and not the ride, but I think she's skeptical :rolleyes:

She did have a very important question, though, that I promised I'd ask: Is the hippo winking or blinking?

Thanks!

MsSpinShady :cool:

speck76

Jerm said:
That looks amazing!!!!! I would have to say (not a phrase I say often) Walt would be proud. They took Small World from DL (the one Walt built) and put it in a smaller space but made it look better. Some of you may not know this but Walt wanted DL's to be all water not just the flume like they have, so when they built the MK one they did want he wanted but had to cut back on the feel. It looks amazing, it was like I was riding it here at DL.

One thing, has anyone that has gone on it seen if the clowen with the "help me" sign is still in the ballon? That was the greatest thing ever, I would be sad if it didn't make it in.

J

The clown is there!

IDreamOfDisney

Stitch

First of all great Video. Thank you very much. I was wonering if they added a Stitch in the Hawaian (sp) sceen? The reason I'm asking is that in November 2003 I was in DL and there was a small Stitch on the surf board. It didn't do anything but it looked cool because of the movie. Please let me know. Thanks.

Jay

DizkneeBoi

Account Suspended
IDreamOfDisney said:
First of all great Video. Thank you very much. I was wonering if they added a Stitch in the Hawaian (sp) sceen? The reason I'm asking is that in November 2003 I was in DL and there was a small Stitch on the surf board. It didn't do anything but it looked cool because of the movie. Please let me know. Thanks.

Jay
Oh god no! If this is true then this is DEFINATELY the sign of the apocalypse!!!! What's next, Stitch on PotC? :hurl:

TP2000

Jerm said:
Some of you may not know this but Walt wanted DL's to be all water not just the flume like they have, so when they built the MK one they did want he wanted but had to cut back on the feel. It looks amazing, it was like I was riding it here at DL.
J

Actually, it was Rolly Crump who wanted the water up to the sets in Disneyland, and Walt said no. From the Fall 2002 issue of The E Ticket Magazine comes this information from Rolly Crump himself on getting the water up to the sets...

"Later, for the version in Florida, we had the water right up to the sets. When we brought the ride from the World's Fair to Disneyland, I told Walt I wanted to do water to the edge of the sets, but he said 'Rolly, we already own the trough... we're not going to put water to the sets'."

What do the CM's uniforms look like in WDW now? Did they get new ones? The CM's in Disneyland wear little striped gondolier outfits with big hats and sailor belts. Did they get the same uniform for WDW to match the new Disneyland clock tower? I remember missing those uniforms when I went on the WDW version a few years ago.

Jerm

TP2000 said:
Actually, it was Rolly Crump who wanted the water up to the sets in Disneyland, and Walt said no. From the Fall 2002 issue of The E Ticket Magazine comes this information from Rolly Crump himself on getting the water up to the sets...
Thank you for that correction, but I believe that Walt had wanted to do it for the worlds fair. I will have to look in a old issue of PoV I have to check on that.

J

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom