I witnessed a man take 20+ minutes to order his food yesterday

The Mom

Premium Member
I'm sorry, but this makes no sense. IF the man came over to you to "sniff" your food 5 feet away then he got out of line....period. The person behind him would have been IMMEDIATELY assisted by the CM. The CM is not going to stand there and wait for him while he walks 5 feet and looks at someone else's food, asks questions, and then walks back.

And I'm 100% certain if (as you say) the line behind him was ENORMOUS that no one is just going to stand there when the person in front of them just walked out of line. Nope, they are going to walk right up to the cashier and make their order. That's the way it works--you get out of line then you go to the end of the line, you lost your place. Not only at Disney, but everywhere unless someone is "holding" your place for you, which does not seem to be the case here.

Nope, there is something that just doesn't hold water here. :shrug:

Sherry

The OP did not state that the man went back to line in his ORIGINAL spot, just that he got back in line. My take was that he went to the back of the line, was back at the level of the CM when the OP finished his food, but the man still had not gotten any food, and ANOTHER line was forming behind him, as he still hadn't decided what to order. :shrug:

Dizknee_Phreek

:ROFLOL: Ok, seriously the funniest thread I have read in a LONG time! And probably the best title EVER!:ROFLOL:

I have worked in retail for the past 2 1/2 years, and my boyfriend worked in McDonald's while he was in college...and let me tell you, it has forever changed the way I treat employees of such places. I usually try to be as polite and courteous and appreciative as I possibly can be (now when they're rude to me first, I may not be quite as nice...I know some people have bad days, so I try to be understanding....but then again, I have bad nights, too, but I try not to take it out on guests). I've encountered some incredibly rude people...the ones that always get my feathers a little ruffled are those that think I'm there to pick up whatever it is they want and take it to the counter for them - "I need your help over here. Yes, I want this" *points to box in front of her* My response in my head that unfortunately can go no further than my skull ".....ooooook. So....what exactly is preventing you from picking it up and putting it on the counter?" I understand some boxes where I work are extremely heavy, and some people have back problems or other medical conditions that prevent them from lifting them....but with some of those people, that's obviously not the case.
Then there are those who, while I'm obviously ringing someone up or helping another guest, stand behind me and say continuously "excuse me!" trying to get my attention then say "could you help me over here? (in a not too polite tone)" .....GEEZ I'm busy! Hold on a second!
Ah yes...and those who, 5 minutes or less before closing, decide to wander in a "browse" EVERY item in the store. When asked if they can be helped (our hint at "hey, it's time to go here...hurry up!" because we can't actually tell people that....even though we're in a mall and we get fined if we don't leave by a certain time), they say "oh no, I'm just looking" ......GAAAAH! get a clue!
Granted, if it's not for the customer, I wouldn't have a job...and I'm paid to help them...but some people really do cross the line. But I definitely would not want to work QSR. No way.
Please...to all those reading this, be as kind as possible to those serving you. Think of how you would feel being in their position, ok? Yeah, they're getting paid to serve you...but trust me, it's not enough to deal with a crappy attitude.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Im going to take my time and order carefuly and accurately, if this upsets some of you, and you happen to be in line behind me, please feel free to speak up.

Oh and cashiers, how I speak is the correct way, not vice vera, but Im happy to discuss this also.

sknydave

Original Poster
I'm sorry, but this makes no sense. IF the man came over to you to "sniff" your food 5 feet away then he got out of line....period. The person behind him would have been IMMEDIATELY assisted by the CM. The CM is not going to stand there and wait for him while he walks 5 feet and looks at someone else's food, asks questions, and then walks back.

And I'm 100% certain if (as you say) the line behind him was ENORMOUS that no one is just going to stand there when the person in front of them just walked out of line. Nope, they are going to walk right up to the cashier and make their order. That's the way it works--you get out of line then you go to the end of the line, you lost your place. Not only at Disney, but everywhere unless someone is "holding" your place for you, which does not seem to be the case here.

Nope, there is something that just doesn't hold water here. :shrug:

Sherry

Dear Detective Sherry,

Yes, he walked over to me and got a few inches away from my food inspecting it. Yes, he walked right back to the cashier.

Yours truly,

-David

EMThompsen

Im going to take my time and order carefuly and accurately, if this upsets some of you, and you happen to be in line behind me, please feel free to speak up.

I don’t think most people have a problem with someone who takes their time ordering carefully & accurately. The CM’s probably appreciate that. A few questions about the menu is one thing but geeze, how many ways can you cook a hamburger? It’s not like you’re at Victoria & Albert’s and want to know how the Dover sole is prepared.

Disneybird

Last year we waited in line for a long time behind someone who wasn't sure how many dining credits they had left. There were several members of their party, and people kept coming over to talk to them while they were ordering to discuss how many credits this person or that person should have left. It was crazy.

beachclubbasics

Dear Detective Sherry,

Yes, he walked over to me and got a few inches away from my food inspecting it. Yes, he walked right back to the cashier.

Yours truly,

-David

Geeze , if that guy had stuck his face near my food...he'd be paying for it.

I hate to say it but it's possible that this guy suffered from early onset Alzheimers...or some other dementia related disorder?

My family decides where we want to eat by what we want. Then I take the order and usually my oldest or second oldest son and head for the line (need the extra set of hands to carry 5 meals and drinks). I send the rest to hunt for that elusive table in the restaurant ...especially Cosmic Ray's...always packed, never enough seats...you have to wait for someone to leave or die before you can claim jump...

That something that drives me crazy...people who see you sit down and hover right next to you while you eat your enitre meal, waiting for you to leave. Some people get so close to the table it's like "geeze, why don't you just sit in my lap?" On ocassion I wonder out loud when did I adopt the apparent new family member who is hanging out at my table?

It also annoys mem when a group of one or two sits at a table for 5 or six...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom