I witnessed a man take 20+ minutes to order his food yesterday

EpcotServo

Was He carrying around a RED Swingline stapler by any chance???

:eek:

:lol:

This thread is pretty darn funny! I can just hear what it would've been like...

GUY: Is that any good?

CM: Yea, it's my favorite.

GUY: Well, how do you know?

CM: Because I have tried it...and I liked it alot.

GUY: Yea, but how do you know?

CM: ...because I consumed it, and enjoyed it.

GUY: Yea, I get that. But HOW do you know?

CM:...

:ROFLOL:

slappy magoo

Eh, someone like that, who may have genuine emotional issues that makes it hard for the synapses to fire in a decision-making mode, I can feel bad for. It's the people who are just too lazy to organize their thoughts and/or their families to get their orders together, and then complain when the order is invariably wrong, that makes me want to go all Grand Theft Auto on 'em. You see it all the time in fast food places everywhere, but it seems more wrong when at WDW, when every nanosecond is precious...

"Uh, yeah...I want...a cheesburger...with fries...and a coke...and another cheeseburger...with fries...and a coke...and...uh...Velveeta! Velveeta! What you want, baby? You want a cheeseburger? Cheeseburger? Wha...wha...wh...chicken nuggets? You got chicken nuggets? They got chicken tenders, Velveeta! They're LIKE chicken nuggets! They're exactly like chicken nuggets! Wha...you got fish sandwich? Yeah, give me a fish sandwich...and...a fry...and a Coke...oh, yeah, that last cheeseburger? No cheese on that...yeah, just a hamburger...and another cheeseburger

(A$$H0LE, WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST MAKE THAT NEXT CHEESEBURGER A HAMBURGER?!?!?!?!)

...and a fry...and a diet coke...oh, yeah, I need a chocolate shake, too. No, INSTEAD of one of the Cokes. And another chocolate shake...oh, you got pizza? Velveeta! VELVEETA! They got pizza! OK, make that fish sandwich a pizza...nah, plain's good...and...another fish sandwich...

:brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick:

...and...that'll be it. How much is that? Hold on...WHAT! No, Velveeta can't have a pizza AND a fish sandwich! No! NO! She ain't throwin' up again! She is NOT...throwing UP...a-GAIN! What? What? Uh...and a fish sandwich...and a fry...

(and then they wonder why so many fast food/counter service employees are all dead-eyed. Half of their customers are like this, and the other half look down on them for having this job in the first place, so retreating into your own private Idaho is the only thing that keeps the gun out of most of these kids' hands)

Patsc85

On a slightly unrelated subject, have you ever walked into a counter service restaurant with a long line on one side of the cashier island and no line on the opposite side. Both sides of the cashier island are usually open, but the casual tourist doesn't realize this. You will get those fast pass dirty looks if you exercise your "other side" option, but it's perfectly within your rights to do so. The cashier will alternate between sides.

LOL, this is so true! In a somewhat similar scenario, ever see people all head for one side of a double door? Seemingly ignoring the other unused side of the door?

Krozar

Happens on the monorail platform all the time. But in that case, the doors will close. I hope that the CM just asked for the next person in line.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Eh, someone like that, who may have genuine emotional issues that makes it hard for the synapses to fire in a decision-making mode, I can feel bad for. It's the people who are just too lazy to organize their thoughts and/or their families to get their orders together, and then complain when the order is invariably wrong, that makes me want to go all Grand Theft Auto on 'em. You see it all the time in fast food places everywhere, but it seems more wrong when at WDW, when every nanosecond is precious...

"Uh, yeah...I want...a cheesburger...with fries...and a coke...and another cheeseburger...with fries...and a coke...and...uh...Velveeta! Velveeta! What you want, baby? You want a cheeseburger? Cheeseburger? Wha...wha...wh...chicken nuggets? You got chicken nuggets? They got chicken tenders, Velveeta! They're LIKE chicken nuggets! They're exactly like chicken nuggets! Wha...you got fish sandwich? Yeah, give me a fish sandwich...and...a fry...and a Coke...oh, yeah, that last cheeseburger? No cheese on that...yeah, just a hamburger...and another cheeseburger

(A$$H0LE, WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST MAKE THAT NEXT CHEESEBURGER A HAMBURGER?!?!?!?!)

...and a fry...and a diet coke...oh, yeah, I need a chocolate shake, too. No, INSTEAD of one of the Cokes. And another chocolate shake...oh, you got pizza? Velveeta! VELVEETA! They got pizza! OK, make that fish sandwich a pizza...nah, plain's good...and...another fish sandwich...

:brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick:

...and...that'll be it. How much is that? Hold on...WHAT! No, Velveeta can't have a pizza AND a fish sandwich! No! NO! She ain't throwin' up again! She is NOT...throwing UP...a-GAIN! What? What? Uh...and a fish sandwich...and a fry...

(and then they wonder why so many fast food/counter service employees are all dead-eyed. Half of their customers are like this, and the other half look down on them for having this job in the first place, so retreating into your own private Idaho is the only thing that keeps the gun out of most of these kids' hands)
I swear that I have been behind that family more than once. And why do some feel it is necessary to have every member of their 10 person party in line with them? I get it when it is a single parent with kids but mom, dad, grandma, uncle Lou and aunt Ethel and the quints in a custom 5 person stroller? Come on people go get a table and let mom and dad stand in line.

CBOMB

I always like to walk around and try other peoples food before I order..........whats the big deal!!:slurp: :slurp: :ROFLOL:
That seems like a very sensible way to find out what different items on the menu taste like.
There are actually some people who have real problems when confronted with too many choices. There's probably a clinical name for it.

:confused:
I agree with Hakunamatata, inept!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I swear that I have been behind that family more than once. And why do some feel it is necessary to have every member of their 10 person party in line with them? I get it when it is a single parent with kids but mom, dad, grandma, uncle Lou and aunt Ethel and the quints in a custom 5 person stroller? Come on people go get a table and let mom and dad stand in line.

I'm not sure which i hate more - standing in line behind 10 people, or getting into the "short" line and then the person infront of me order enough food for 10 people and takes forever.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Oh - and those parents who think it's cute to have their kid who can't see/reach the counter carry a tray. It's not. Next time a tray gets dumped on me i swear i'm grabbing the parent and rubbing their face in it going "Bad parent! Bad parent!"

lunarsquid

To all CMs:

If this happens to you, you are perfectly within your right to grab the man's hair, and slam him face down into the counter.
This is totally authorized by Disney management. :lookaroun

cmatt

tee hee stink eye....

i remember situations like this at a cinema - which is even worse as thats:

salty stale popcorn
sweet stale popcorn with a bit of salt chucked in 'by accident'
raw hotdogs
nachos with vile cheese in a tin
orrr ben and jerry's (which you could blag the counter staff special - which constituted every hot topping and a sicly sweet concotion...

i miss selling food :p *(well not really - i miss free movies!)

sit down resturants in disney are so much easier to handle imho...

DonaldD23

The man had a right to spend however long he wanted to while placing his order. Food at WDW costs a lot and he wanted to make sure it was well worth the money!:goodnevil

Larry Mondello

Was this the guy you saw??

Borat-flag-770131.jpg

AEfx

ahhh scary its like chucky!

LOL he also bears a remarkable resemblance to Miko Hughes, the child actor who played in "Pet Semetary", and "Wes Craven's New Nightmare". He also played one of Michelle's little friends on the later seasons of Full House (he was the one who was always teasing Michelle but approves of her when she buys the right toys).

Who knows, maybe the kid will get a job in Hollywood after this thread. :)

AEfx

living dead!

same thing happend to me at Resterauntosaurs, the people in front of me were soooo confused about the whole place and whole concept of the content of the menu.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom