I successfully stoped a group of line cutters!!!

If you didn't know already, there are a lot of tour groups at WDW right now and I made it a point to stop line cutting. I was in line for Everest on Thursday and a group of 2 girls and 2 boys were going up to meet their friends who were in the tea farm area of the queu. Well, I politely told them that they had to wait in line like everyone else. Again, they told me they wanted to meet their friends who were "up there." I told them again, and the second time other guests in line began to notice. Again, they pointed to their friends. I told them they could wait behind me, but if they wanted to ride with their friends they could have their friends come back in the line and queu up with them.

By now, everyone in line was on my side and the 4 were not going anywhere. Score one for the non tour groups!!!!

Personally, I don't see why WDW can not post a sign at the beginning of each queu saying something like..."Enter the quee with your entire party. If your entire party does not enter the queu together, you will not ride the attraction together. Line jumping is not permitted."
great job!!

Ziffell

just ride the person's "bumper" in front of you....super-close, but not touching! It has worked at ski resorts, amusement parks, etc. If you have more than one person in line with you, make sure you stand side-by-side and fill up the space so that the whole "lane" is blocked and people can't sneak or inch in. Works every time!

Wow, all I can say is I'm glad that whenever I'm on vacation, I just don't worry about trivial things like this. I never realized line-cutting was even that big of a problem. I can count on one hand the number of times I've ever noticed it happening to me. Then again, maybe it happens all the time and I'm just not aware of it. There are bigger things in life to worry about, and I like to just enjoy my vacations. It's sad that so many people feel they have to come up with such elaborate "battle plans" to combat this "problem". Relax. Life is too short.

Enchantâmes

Oooo...this is gettin' good!

Flame-Flame_on.jpg
Oh my that made me laugh out loud.

Ziffell

But you do worry about something as trivial as someone posting a nationality in their post though, right? :shrug: Just wondering. :rolleyes:

When quoting me, you conveniently neglected to bold the "whenever I'm on vacation" part of my post. I'm not on vacation at the moment. Also, I don't consider racism trivial.

All that aside, you're bringing up a topic that hasn't even been discussed in this thread. That's characteristic of trying to pick a fight with another forum member. Shall I alert the mods?

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
No offense, but something close to what he wrote is exactly what I reflexively pronounce in my head every time I see your handle. Only because of the way my brain interprets the letters mind you, not because of any judgments I've made. Your posts generally lead me to the conclusion that you're a pretty sharp guy of indeterminate color ;).

Ha thank you. I'm okay sometimes.

828tnt

i wanted to get in on this, but i forgot my immediate response 10 pages ago.....

and blackthidot, if i misspell your name, it's a hockey thing...lol

but as a 30 something- this generation IS far more self centered and selfish than the last. and the one before it, and so forth. i thought the old timers who told me the same things at that age were... well, old. but, history has sadly proven most generations to be more and more entitled than the one before.

back to the show.............

DABIGCHEEZ

When quoting me, you conveniently neglected to bold the "whenever I'm on vacation" part of my post. I'm not on vacation at the moment. Also, I don't consider racism trivial.

All that aside, you're bringing up a topic that hasn't even been discussed in this thread. That's characteristic of trying to pick a fight with another forum member. Shall I alert the mods?

Shall I be afraid??? You certainly make me laugh Ziffell. :ROFLOL:Thanks for that.

Rook26

I've been following this thread for the past three days and I just have to put my 2 cents in.

Except for being on line and having to leave and return from an "emergency" there is no other reason why anyone should pass you on a line. It's been said several times and it's the only logical reasoning on the core issue.

As for the racism/age-ism issue. I have a diverse family and am in no way racist, however... making generalizations based on your experiences makes sense. If I think back to everytime I've been cut in front of (theme park line, JC Penny register by that lady who is shopping with 13 family members who pop out of the racks with 27 items each just as you think she's done... I digress) I can make some generalizations. Ninety percent of the time the people fall into a certain race or certain age. Does that mean that all people of a certain age or race are going to cut in front of me? No, but based on my experiences I can make that generalization.

I'm the type of person who lets it bother them, but doesn't do anything about it in fear of making the situation worse. My opinion is that we should all stand up against obvious cutters and so should the park/store staff. If not these people will continue to absorb our precious 10 seconds (multiplied by x amount of people in a tour group) and grow up to be the Moms and Dads, who like in another post recently, allows their kid to knock over old ladies without thinking twice.

In summary.

1. We all know when it is considered cutting and that it is wrong.
2. Just because you make an observation or generalization based on experience doesn't make you a racist/age-ist.
3. Why can't we all just get along? :)

mp2bill

If you didn't know already, there are a lot of tour groups at WDW right now and I made it a point to stop line cutting. I was in line for Everest on Thursday and a group of 2 girls and 2 boys were going up to meet their friends who were in the tea farm area of the queu. Well, I politely told them that they had to wait in line like everyone else. Again, they told me they wanted to meet their friends who were "up there." I told them again, and the second time other guests in line began to notice. Again, they pointed to their friends. I told them they could wait behind me, but if they wanted to ride with their friends they could have their friends come back in the line and queu up with them.

By now, everyone in line was on my side and the 4 were not going anywhere. Score one for the non tour groups!!!!

Personally, I don't see why WDW can not post a sign at the beginning of each queu saying something like..."Enter the quee with your entire party. If your entire party does not enter the queu together, you will not ride the attraction together. Line jumping is not permitted."

Nicely done! I agree with you on the sign idea.

snowpony

The "battle plan" I come up with is just so I can avoid having some sort of confrontation if someone were to cut. I can't control other people's actions but I can take control of what I choose to do, which is send an unspoken message that I will not allow line-cutters to get in front of me. Prevention is key, and I'll do what I can to prevent it!

Wow, all I can say is I'm glad that whenever I'm on vacation, I just don't worry about trivial things like this. I never realized line-cutting was even that big of a problem. I can count on one hand the number of times I've ever noticed it happening to me. Then again, maybe it happens all the time and I'm just not aware of it. There are bigger things in life to worry about, and I like to just enjoy my vacations. It's sad that so many people feel they have to come up with such elaborate "battle plans" to combat this "problem". Relax. Life is too short.

GoofyFan1

How do you get along in life with the "life is too short" schtick?
My vacation time in WDW is too short to put up with people that think they are above following rules or even guidlelines, since we don't really know if WDW has a line cutting rule, or my enjoyment and time in the park. I'm tired of hearing people say "relax" , "don't let it bother you". :fork:
I choose to follow the accepted guidleines when at the parks and if you are behind me and expect to line-jump me...you will not find one of the 60's leftover, hippie want to be's that is just going to step aside and let your need to have a good time trump mine. Wait in line just like eveyone else. It's time to start holding people, of all ages, accountable for their actions.

I now reliquish the remainder of my rant time to any other person that is fed up with bad behavior and its social acceptance.

Ziffell

The "battle plan" I come up with is just so I can avoid having some sort of confrontation if someone were to cut. I can't control other people's actions but I can take control of what I choose to do, which is send an unspoken message that I will not allow line-cutters to get in front of me. Prevention is key, and I'll do what I can to prevent it!

Why send an "unspoken" message if it bothers you so much? Why not confront the person in a non-threatening, non-adverserial, adult tone? I've never found that to fail in any type of situations which warrant a confrontation. By taking a passive aggressive approach, you only antagonize the situation.

tizzo

I don't really have a problem with Ziffle's laid back live-and-let-live attitude. More power to Ziffle. I myself am not terribly affected if someone cuts me in line, and unless I'm in a bad mood over something else, or I see someone else having their time ruined by it, I could usually care less. I live here and can go to WDW whenever I want.

However, it isn't too difficult for me to imagine a scenario in which it might be rather more important that those around me follow the rules. If I'm on the one WDW vacation I can afford to take this decade for example. Or if the behavior is being witnessed by my child who I'm trying to raise to be a responsible person with the confidence to stand up for his rights, respect for those of others, and the ability to tell the difference. In other words, whether your outraged by, indifferent to, or even feel a little sorry for strangers exhibiting bad behavior, I think it's safe to say that nobody wants raise more of them.

Furthermore, live-and-let-live swings both ways. You're free to ignore line jumping or other infractions if you choose. But to suggest that others ought to do the same is inconsistent with that that very philosophy.

My vacation time in WDW is too short to put up with people that think they are above following rules or even guidlelines, since we don't really know if WDW has a line cutting rule, or my enjoyment and time in the park. I'm tired of hearing people say "relax" , "don't let it bother you". :fork:
I choose to follow the accepted guidleines when at the parks and if you are behind me and expect to line-jump me...you will not find one of the 60's leftover, hippie want to be's that is just going to step aside and let your need to have a good time trump mine. Wait in line just like eveyone else. It's time to start holding people, of all ages, accountable for their actions.

I now reliquish the remainder of my rant time to any other person that is fed up with bad behavior and its social acceptance.

Ziffell

My vacation time in WDW is too short to put up with people that think they are above following rules

MY vacation time is too short to let it get to me. I mean is this really that pervasive of a problem? I seriously cannot think of even a handful of times when it has happened to me. Maybe I'm just lucky. I tend to have a great time any time I'm in WDW. I get the impression a lot of people here are too focused on getting annoyed with other guests and allowing themselves to get upset. Why even go, if it's such an upsetting experience to be there?

LoriMistress

Speaking of line cutting, yesterday while waiting in line to go to the fair, a white family cut in front of us. I pointed it out that she cut in line in front of us, and she needed to go to the back. She told me that there was "two lines." I told her she must be from another parallel universe, because there was only one line, and she cut in front of us. She continued to ignore me, while her slutty teenage kids just laughed. While they walked away, I called them a very nasty name, they heard, but walked away. They started to avoid me at this point, because they could see the red in my eyes, and knew I could take her down in a fight.

I guess my point is, that every time I've had a rude experience whether if it's people cutting in line, people that ignore their child when they should be watching them/or when they should be disciplining their child, rude, etc. 95% of the time it's always a white person. It's extremely rare that I've come in counter with anyone from any other race that acts like a spoiled child. Have I encountered people of different races acting like complete jerks? Yes. Is it often enough to start labeling/generalizing/stereotyping/etc.? No.

My answer: Blame whitey. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom