I successfully stoped a group of line cutters!!!

The Mom

Premium Member
The details of this example seem too specific to be something that has happened more than, say, once. Are you saying you've had this exact scenario play out more than once?

Exact? Probably not, but certainly I've had variations of this happen multiple times.

Perhaps the fact that you're young, male, and probably larger than I might account for your never experiencing this. But I'm a fairly petite female who apparently is invisible to many people, as may be the case with other posters.

I've been standing in lines of some sort for over 50 years, so have encountered this "scenario" too many times to count. I don't think it would have happened as frequently in the past if I were a 6' 20ish male. And as I age, I don't think it will decrease - until the day I need an ECV to get around, when I can get my revenge. :lookaroun :lol:

tizzo

I've asked several times IF it's really the widespread problem that people make it out to be. If it is, then things have definitely changed dramatically in the two years since I've been there. I've also stated (more than once in this thread actually) that I have not personally experienced line-cutting, or that if it was going on, that I haven't taken note of it.

<snip>

Now having said that, am I inclined to believe that people are exaggerating the problem? Probably yes.

I think the truth surely lies somewhere in the middle. I think it's a virtual guarantee that at least some people are exaggerating. I also think that your very attitude (about which I've already expressed admiration, I'm not criticizing you for it) virtually guarantees that there have been such incidents in your immediate vicinity without you being aware of them.

I'll also offer the observation that when I have seen people cutting in line, they are almost always doing it by crawling over or under the fences separating lanes in a switchback - meaning that in most cases, all but a few of the people in line are completely unaware that it even happened. I almost never see people passing through the line in such a way that they have to actually cut in front of each and every person ahead of them to reach their party.

My own experience is that it does happen, it happens fairly frequently (I probably see it on every perhaps third or fourth visit - and my visits are usually a few hours and involve just one or two attractions, if any). I don't feel like I'm being hypersensitive, or watching for it. When I do notice it, it's usually because the culprit is doing something else to draw my attention, like being generally loud or boisterous, or running up to the point where they're going to jump into line, or what have you. If you make the assumption that most people are sneaky about it, then even my own observations probably under-represent the frequency with which it actually occurs. I don't have any sense that it has gotten more or less prevalent in the almost 10 years I've been an AP holder.

Regarding scale, it's true that the impact, even at the high end of a full minute per incident, is small most of the time. The only counterexample I can think of would be a show like Philharmagic or Tough To Be A Bug, where if they are playing to full theaters, each group of line jumpers causes the last few people who should get into the next show to have to wait for the following show, costing them maybe 20 minutes but having no impact at all on anyone else. On the aggregate, that's no different than taking a few seconds each from a few hundred people on a continuously moving line - unless you're the one losing 20 minutes. Bottom line, though, is you're right that it's almost always not a big deal.

But perhaps that's not always the point. I've already said more than once that I could care less about the impact to me personally of someone cutting the line, even if there is an impact. If I only get to ride Buzz Lightyear twice instead of thrice today, or I miss Wishes, no biggie because I'll just come back and do it next weekend. But that doesn't prevent me from caring when I see it being done to others. And some times, may God forgive me, it would just be nice to see someone who is doing something wrong suffer some consequences for it.

Xethis

I've already said more than once that I could care less about the impact to me personally of someone cutting the line, even if there is an impact. --- But that doesn't prevent me from caring when I see it being done to others.

I think it's great that you are so concerned for other people's well being, and less concerned about yourself. That's a truly selfless act. But after watching this thread go for this long and seeing how personally it's affecting you all I can think to say is . . .

let it go friend.

Your blood pressure will thank you. :lol:

tizzo

I think it's great that you are so concerned for other people's well being, and less concerned about yourself. That's a truly selfless act.

You give me more credit than I deserve, for I have never actually acted at all, other than to shake my head and mutter an expletive heard by no one but me and maybe my wife. I was just standing up for those here who feel as I do, and expressing appreciation for those who DO act, whether on their own behalf of that of someone else.

But after watching this thread go for this long and seeing how personally it's affecting you all I can think to say is . . .

let it go friend.

Your blood pressure will thank you. :lol:

Can't disagree here. I think the horse is pretty much dead anyway.

LilWalt

If someone ever tries to stop me from meeting my party ALREADY in line, I would probably laugh at them and keep going.

Its something that happens and you deal with it. Is 10 people going in front of you going to ruin your vacation???? If so then maybe you don't need to go on vacations where they're large masses of people then.

I think your actions of making a scene out it is worse than the people "line jumping"

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
If someone ever tries to stop me from meeting my party ALREADY in line, I would probably laugh at them and keep going.

Its something that happens and you deal with it. Is 10 people going in front of you going to ruin your vacation???? If so then maybe you don't need to go on vacations where they're large masses of people then.

I think your actions of making a scene out it is worse than the people "line jumping"

That is how people act when they feel like nobody is really going to do anything to them...All it takes is for you to do that to the wrong person and now there is a HUGE problem. Not saying that it is right, but one day someone is going to think they are Mr/Ms Big Shot and cut through a line of people laughing the whole way through and end up swallowing teeth before they reach his/her party. It's bound to happen. I just hope I am there to witness the greatness of this event.

I play hockey 3-4 games a week and these pansies on the other team are CONSTANTLY running their mouths. The first time someone gets punched in the mouth the mouths suddenly close, and people look confused as to why that happened to them. It's a shock factor. They think nobody is going to do anything to them...well because they are them. Well you are wrong.

If you walk through a line like you are the cooler than club cool giggling and laughing because people are mad...keep that up. Someone is going to F you up one day. The odds are in favor that its going to happen to someone. All the people who get cut in line that have been waiting, they are hot, agitated already...someone crazy is bound to get cut and ball someone up. Like I said...I hope I am in line to see it.

janoimagine

I play hockey 3-4 games a week and these pansies on the other team are CONSTANTLY running their mouths. The first time someone gets punched in the mouth the mouths suddenly close, and people look confused as to why that happened to them. It's a shock factor. They think nobody is going to do anything to them...well because they are them. Well you are wrong.

Excellent analogy. However, I am even more surprised that this thread is still ongoing. (ironic now that I am adding to it) To me if you stopped a group of line jumpers, posting and bragging about your actions to a web forum is almost as bad if not worse than those who committed the offense in the first place. Modesty goes a long way IMHO.

PS: (I find that the ones who are running their mouths are the ones who started out in roller, then made the transition to ice, also, they are always the ones who are wearing the cages too ... funny how that is.)

NedLand

That is how people act when they feel like nobody is really going to do anything to them...All it takes is for you to do that to the wrong person and now there is a HUGE problem. Not saying that it is right, but one day someone is going to think they are Mr/Ms Big Shot and cut through a line of people laughing the whole way through and end up swallowing teeth before they reach his/her party. It's bound to happen. I just hope I am there to witness the greatness of this event.

If you walk through a line like you are the cooler than club cool giggling and laughing because people are mad...keep that up. Someone is going to F you up one day. The odds are in favor that its going to happen to someone. All the people who get cut in line that have been waiting, they are hot, agitated already...someone crazy is bound to get cut and ball someone up. Like I said...I hope I am in line to see it.

Are you advocating violence that could potentially be seen by children?

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Excellent analogy. However, I am even more surprised that this thread is still ongoing. (ironic now that I am adding to it) To me if you stopped a group of line jumpers, posting and bragging about your actions to a web forum is almost as bad if not worse than those who committed the offense in the first place. Modesty goes a long way IMHO.

PS: (I find that the ones who are running their mouths are the ones who started out in roller, then made the transition to ice, also, they are always the ones who are wearing the cages too ... funny how that is.)

Oh dude no doubt. Roller hockey kids are the WORST. They think they are all gods gift to the game of hockey. Most people that DO run their mouths, wear cages.

You're right this thread should have probably been locked a long time ago. We even tried hijacking the thread to just make it even more stupid and that did not work.

Thing is you are always going to have people who were raised correct and who are respectful to those around them. You re always going to have MORE A holes who can only care about themselves and nobody else around them. Im sorry but only caring for yourself is the correct way to be when you are earning a dollar to pay for your families means of life. When you are surrounded by 20,000 other people...that is a horrible way to act and a reflection of the type of moron you really are.

LilWalt

I've never done the so called "line jumping" but if for some reason I need to then I wouldn't laugh all the way there, I just laugh at the person trying to stop me. If they want a problem then I guess we'll have one.

I for one have no problem with people doing it. Its not as big of deal as people make it out to be. It happens every trip i take there, but I can't say it has ever affected me one way or the other.

And yes I was raised right or well enough not to make a big deal out of nothing. I am very nice to all people around me and understand they paid their money just like I did and not going to ruin my trip or theirs over something so petty.

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Are you advocating violence that could potentially be seen by children?

I said it is GOING to happen one day
...its inevitable. I even said "Im not saying its right"....so please take your suggestion somewhere else. I would just like to see it happen because when its done...the moron who got punched is going to be acting like he/she had no idea why. That is how it ALWAYS ends.

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
I've never done the so called "line jumping" but if for some reason I need to then I wouldn't laugh all the way there, I just laugh at the person trying to stop me. If they want a problem then I guess we'll have one.

Whatever you say. Good luck with that attitude.

Mickey is King

This is getting too heated .........

There is no "I" in team, but there is "ME"

Why does everyone feel the need to be FIRST in line, CUTT in line, and so on

This sounds like entitlement sydrome- It's about me and my family ONLY.....
me, me, me

The type of society we have made for ourselves in this country, teaches and programs us to be this way. It is the -" I'm out for me and screw you" frame of mind.

Sad actually.................

LilWalt

Whatever you say. Good luck with that attitude.

No attitude here. I very non-confrontational actually, which may be the reason it doesn't bother me.

I don't feel I am entitled to anything nor should anybody else for that matter. If I did "line jump" I would do it as politely as possible.

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
This is getting too heated .........

There is no "I" in team, but there is "ME"

Why does everyone feel the need to be FIRST in line, CUTT in line, and so on

This sounds like entitlement sydrome- It's about me and my family ONLY.....
me, me, me

The type of society we have made for ourselves in this country, teaches and programs us to be this way. It is the -" I'm out for me and screw you" frame of mind.

Sad actually.................

Because everyone thinks what he/she got going on is more important and or better than what anyone else can have going on. People are selfish, and until someone gets their face pounded off, or Disney and the rest of the parks start enforcing the rules better, it will never stop.

I can take 60 less CM's at MK standing on Main Street waving at me...put them on line patrol. Someone skips, they go get security...Gone. End of story. Line cutting and abuse of it will end in 6 months.

Mickey is King

Just a thought on the punching people/ getting in someone's face bit......

It is NEVER wise to mess around/fight physically with a person you do not know.
For all you know, they could be a martial arts master or extreme fighter, or ex military navy seal..............you just don't know.........:lookaroun:lookaroun

please keep this in mind when about to throw the first punch.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom