I Love You...I Know...Wedding Planning and Star Wars Weekends May 2011

We have just returned from yet another magical vacation to The Walt Disney World Resort filled with perfect memories that I can’t wait to share with you! This trip was split between Wedding Planning and Star Wars Weekends. We are getting married at Disney’s Wedding Pavilion on September 27, 2011. We met with our officiant, Rev Kevin Knox, and our Disney Fairytale Wedding planner, Kathleen. We also toured the Wedding Pavilion and UK Lochside which is where we are having an Illuminations Dessert Party! We attended the StarTours2Live meetup and the WDW Radio Meet of The Month and saw GEORGE LUCAS AND BOB IGER IN PERSON HOLDING LIGHTSABERS BATTLING THE DARKSIDE! SQUEE!! Oh yeah and Chewbacca getting down to “Welcome To The Jungle”. This trip was jam packed with awesomeness. It was our most epic trip ever so let the memories begin!

The Cast

Me – Shelley (@WaltSentMe007 on Twitter). This was my 18th trip to the world and my 2nd time staying at The Caribbean Beach Resort.

DF – Jason. This was his 3rd trip to the world (2nd trip with me) and his 1st time at The Caribbean.

DSCN0283.jpg

Previous Trip Reports

Here are all of my previous trip reports. Apologies for the pictures from 2009. That camera was horrible.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=419842 March 2009 Flower & Garden Festival Contemporary Resort
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=637161 September 2010 Engagement Report Animal Kingdom Lodge

Here’s a link to my ongoing Disney Fairytale Wedding Planning Report:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=644129

I started this back in September 2010 after we got engaged. We’re having an Escape Wedding at Disney’s Wedding Pavilion on September 27, 2011. We were featured on an episode of Inside Disney Weddings a few months back and we will be doing another show when we get back from our wedding and honeymoon: http://www.insidedisneyweddings.com/2011/03/wedding-planning-spotlight-shelly-jason/

The Bare Necessities

Look for the bear necessities, the simple bear necessities forget about your worries and your strife…yeah man!

We got your bak guaranteed – CamelBak

Jason suggested we get a CamelBak backpack for this trip because we were not used to going during peak season with all of the crowds and the heat. This was a HUGE money saver in the end. We didn’t buy 1 single bottle of water the entire trip. We purchased the CamelBak DayStar with a 70 oz bladder from Amazon.com. We only ran out of water 1 day and that was because we were at Hollywood Studios @4AM and stayed for 12 hours. We ran out when we got on the bus to go back to our resort so it was no big deal. I highly suggest this product for all WDW Travelers!

Handy Cooler Personal Evaporative Air Cooler

When I found this device I didn’t really believe it. It’s not a fan. It’s an actual portable evaporative air conditioning device. Another find on Amazon.com. The reviews of it were so good I had to try it. Boy am I glad I did. This thing is quite powerful and it gets very cold. There’s a sponge that you wet and insert into the device. It evaporates the water to create cold air. It was SO much better than a fan or those water bottle fans they sell for a 500% markup :) We used it every single day!

DSCN0605.jpg

Flippin Sweet Ridiculously Huge Black Sunhat

Those of you who follow me on Twitter probably saw quite a few tweets about my ridiculous black sunhat. I got a ton of comments on it from Cast Members and other guests. I may have looked utterly ridiculous but I was comfy cozy under all this shade! http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0032AMW0G

DSCN0503.jpg

Fashionista007

Original Poster
We took some pics with Mike and an army man. Both were firsts for us! I love getting character pics I’ve never gotten before.

DSCN0637.jpg

DSCN0640.jpg

That was it for us @ DHS for the day. We went back to CBR for lunch and a nap because Sunset blvd had no tables available. The food was very good – yeah! Quick Service luck for us! I really liked the chips there – they had some spice to them that was a cross between barbeque and sweet & sour. They were fabulous. My tummy is rumbling thinking about it!

DSCN0641.jpg

DSCN0642.jpg

DSCN0643.jpg

We had ADR @ Coral Reef so we got all spiffed up and went to EPCOT. We rode Journey Into Imagination and The Seas. Then it was time for dinner!

DSCN0644.jpg

Our dinner was absolutely phenominal! It rivaled Brown derby but I still think brown derby was better. I was a bit disappointed that we didn’t get a free dessert for our engagement. I put it on our ADR and the waiter congratulated us but no free dessert? Bummer. Oh well we were too full for dessert anyway. I went really camera and GorillaPod happy in here :)

DSCN0645.jpg

I tend to go for the glowing drinks. I got a Blue Eevee at The Brown Derby on our last trip. I had to get this little sugary beauty on this trip! It was SO good you could hardly taste the alcohol but I definitely felt it!

DSCN0646.jpg

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Here’s a photo of the fish guide they give you. I’m not sure how I feel about this in a restaurant where an entire wall is a fish tank LOL

DSCN0647.jpg

DSCN0650.jpg

DSCN0652.jpg

DSCN0654.jpg

We had the appetizer for 2 nom nom nom nom!

DSCN0657.jpg

DSCN0658.jpg

I had to take a picture of our brand new Tables In Wonderland card! Yeah Annual Passholder goodies!

DSCN0660.jpg

Jason had the salmon nom nom nom nom nom

DSCN0661.jpg

And I had the lobster ravioli – not enough noms for this!

DSCN0662.jpg

Fashionista007

Original Poster
We walked over to the American Adventure and grabbed a great spot for Illuminations. We were right next to the globe. There was no inferno barge though :( Another bummer. It was still a great show though!

DSCN0666.jpg

DSCN0668.jpg

DSCN0670.jpg

We took our time getting out of the park and sang along to Promise, Celebrate You, and Wayla. I am so happy I have Jason. He sang along with me :) I can’t wait for our wedding day and our Dessert Party!

DSCN0671.jpg

DSCN0672.jpg

PartOfYourWorld

Thank you very much! Too bad 4AM wasn't early enough to see Anthony Daniels. We talked about trying again Sat or Sun but we were just too tired. We're planning to go back next year. I'd really like to go one year when Warwick Davis is there.

Enjoy Star Tours! It's definitely something you will want to do over and over since there are so many different scenes and the ride is different every time. I love that I got picked as the rebel spy. The CM made my first ride incredibly magical! I wanted to go back and thank her but she was busy ushering in new tourists.

OMG I cannot wait for my Akershus Princess Bachelorette party!! I'm thinking instead of the bride ears I'm going to wear my actual tiara for that event. Gotta really princess it up!!

Maybe next year he'll be there :)

and I love when CMs make everything so magical! :)

And thats totally princess wearing you're actual tiara to the party! It will be perfect!

And I must say I love that dress you are wearing when you guys went to eat at Coral Reef!!!

sweetpee_1993

Catchin' up! Been a busy day.

Let's see....Your pics of the WP are so pretty! I'm so excited for you! I cannot WAIT to see & hear all about Francks!

Awww...Rev Kev sounds so sweet. I think his idea for the vows with a simple "I do" is the perfect way to make you as stress-free as possible. Oh you'll look like a perfect princess and you'll be floating on a cloud...just like Holly did. I wish I could come stalk y'all from a distance. If you see a strange person with binoculars in the distance, just wave! :wave:

Glad you gave Coral Reef such a fab review. That's the one I've been on the fence on with our trip. I've read reviews all over the place between love & hate. Makes me nervous, really. I dunno. Maybe I won't cancel it.... :veryconfu

Itchin Itchin Itchin for the next installment! :sohappy:

HollyBelle

Hi, Shelley! :wave: I'm really happy to hear that your meeting with Kevin went so well. He looks good in that suit. :animwink: And I'm loving the way your hair looks down. Have you decided how you're going to wear it for the wedding yet?

Oh yeah, the chips at CBR look and sound a lot like the chips I had at Port Orleans in April. Soooooo good.

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Maybe next year he'll be there

and I love when CMs make everything so magical!

And thats totally princess wearing you're actual tiara to the party! It will be perfect!

And I must say I love that dress you are wearing when you guys went to eat at Coral Reef!!!

Maybe next year we'll live in FL so we can take our own car and camp out overnight :) We're seriously considering this!

I can't wait for my princess bachelorette party! My sisters are so sweet to plan it for me and they're even doing party favors. I'm SO excited!

Thank you for the compliment on the dress! I love that one, it's so comfortable and the weather was perfect that night.

Catchin' up! Been a busy day.

Let's see....Your pics of the WP are so pretty! I'm so excited for you! I cannot WAIT to see & hear all about Francks!

Awww...Rev Kev sounds so sweet. I think his idea for the vows with a simple "I do" is the perfect way to make you as stress-free as possible. Oh you'll look like a perfect princess and you'll be floating on a cloud...just like Holly did. I wish I could come stalk y'all from a distance. If you see a strange person with binoculars in the distance, just wave! :wave:

Glad you gave Coral Reef such a fab review. That's the one I've been on the fence on with our trip. I've read reviews all over the place between love & hate. Makes me nervous, really. I dunno. Maybe I won't cancel it.... :veryconfu

Itchin Itchin Itchin for the next installment! :sohappy:

I'm totally in love with the WP. I'm so excited to get married there! I tweeted @DisneyWeddings about it and they responded that they can't wait to have me as part of their family. I cried so many times on this trip and I'm glad I have a man who puts up with it and...even better...understands! :hammer:

I'm very happy with RevKev and Jason really liked him too. Jason is very protective of my feelings when it comes to my stutter and we were both surprised that RevKev came up with an idea right away to accommodate our needs. Now we both feel much more relaxed about everything. We just have to wait for our revised BEO to start freaking out again :p

You should definitely keep your ADR for Coral Reef! I will say our server was not as good as other restaurants but I thought the food and the atmosphere were fantastic. I prefer servers who talk to you a bit more and share in your magic. Our server at The Brown Derby was definitely the best for that classic Disney experience. Haha can you tell I like the Brown Derby? We're having dinner there just the two of us the night before our wedding. ::SWOON::

Hi, Shelley! :wave: I'm really happy to hear that your meeting with Kevin went so well. He looks good in that suit. :animwink: And I'm loving the way your hair looks down. Have you decided how you're going to wear it for the wedding yet?

Oh yeah, the chips at CBR look and sound a lot like the chips I had at Port Orleans in April. Soooooo good.

Haha I thought about you when we saw RevKev in his suit! But our meeting was so short we didn't get a chance to tell him we know you. I'll be sure to mention it when we send him our first draft of the ceremony script.

I still haven't decided what to do with my hair :( Part of me would like it down and wavy but the logical part knows I'll need it to look perfect from about 11AM to 10PM so an updo would be better. If we do end up doing the bridal portraits, I might wear my hair down for those. I think once we get our revised BEO we'll nail down a lot of these decisions.

We were both very happy with the food at CBR! That's saying a lot because we did not have the best luck with QS on this trip. I also had a bacon cheeseburger there and it was fantabulous! That's a word, right? :)

foreverbelle

I am so glad to hear that your meeting with RevKev went wonderful. You had me almost in tears. I know what you are talking about. I have CP to the right, its very minor and with a lot of therapy at times unnoticeable. But when I was picking out photographers for our wedding I didn't want them to focus on it, which is why we went with who we did. Its funny how things like that can bother you. But don't worry, your day is going to be fabulous and you are going to look fabulous and a speech impairment is not going to ruin any of that. I agree with him, that should be the last thing on your mind. I know easier said than done. Believe me I know.

Yummy Coral Reef. I love that place, and your making me really want some seafood right about now..Ugh. LOL

I agree with Holly your hair looks great down!

Fashionista007

Original Poster
I am so glad to hear that your meeting with RevKev went wonderful. You had me almost in tears. I know what you are talking about. I have CP to the right, its very minor and with a lot of therapy at times unnoticeable. But when I was picking out photographers for our wedding I didn't want them to focus on it, which is why we went with who we did. Its funny how things like that can bother you. But don't worry, your day is going to be fabulous and you are going to look fabulous and a speech impairment is not going to ruin any of that. I agree with him, that should be the last thing on your mind. I know easier said than done. Believe me I know.

Yummy Coral Reef. I love that place, and your making me really want some seafood right about now..Ugh. LOL

I agree with Holly your hair looks great down!

Thank you :) I am planning to put our wedding video on YouTube which was making me even more nervous about the vows and I'm so glad that now I don't have to worry about a thing. I don't even think I could have gotten out vows because I'm sure I'll burst into tears while walking down the aisle with Cinderella Castle in the background! ::chills::

I'm very glad that you shared your story about CP. Seriously people who meet me do not notice that I have a stutter but I notice it and it bothers me. It sounds like you also have a very minor issue but whenever you're different in any way there is hardship involved.

We would gladly go back to Coral Reef but we're also looking forward to our ADR's for our wedding and Disneymoon! We got Cali Grill @8PM and it's a non MNSSHP night so we're sure to see Wishes! We also got Le Cellier which we're really looking forward to. We took a big ol' whiff when we walked past there :)

Haha so that's 2 votes for hair down :) Noted! It's funny, I did make an effort to wear my hair down more on this trip based on Holly's comment in my wedding planning report. I also made an effort to wear it both straight and with my natural curl. I'll have to get a good cut before the wedding though, I've been cutting and coloring it myself to save money for the wedding. I found my first grey hairs this year :( But I think that was partially due to the job that I'm leaving this week!

Fashionista007

Original Poster
I just had to post another awesome testimonial of the Handy Cooler. The A/C in Jason's car went up and our mechanic can't look at it until next week. Since he drives an hour each way this really stinks for him since it's hot and humid right now. So he had the bright idea of taking the Handi Cooler with him! It's working perfectly (but we're still going to get the A/C fixed). I am continually impressed with this little device :sohappy:

skeletor1990

I was also there and my pics look similar as well. Did your flamingo have "expensive black boots?" followed by a penguin? If so - we were there too! Crazy small world

That is so funny! I don't remember seeing a penguin, she did a Dragon after the Flamingo which was SO cool!

I actually think she did a giraffe second...so maybe she does the flamingo every show? Either way, she is amazing!

How wonderful that everything worked out so well with RevKev and that you then had such a lovely evening out!

PartOfYourWorld

Maybe next year we'll live in FL so we can take our own car and camp out overnight :) We're seriously considering this!

I can't wait for my princess bachelorette party! My sisters are so sweet to plan it for me and they're even doing party favors. I'm SO excited!

Thank you for the compliment on the dress! I love that one, it's so comfortable and the weather was perfect that night.

Wow your sisters are definitely going all out on that party making party favors! That is really awesome! I can't wait to see what they look like!

And your welcome :)

sweetpee_1993

I just had to post another awesome testimonial of the Handy Cooler. The A/C in Jason's car went up and our mechanic can't look at it until next week. Since he drives an hour each way this really stinks for him since it's hot and humid right now. So he had the bright idea of taking the Handi Cooler with him! It's working perfectly (but we're still going to get the A/C fixed). I am continually impressed with this little device :sohappy:

Amazon should pay you a commission, woman! :lol:

Fashionista007

Original Poster
I actually think she did a giraffe second...so maybe she does the flamingo every show? Either way, she is amazing!

How wonderful that everything worked out so well with RevKev and that you then had such a lovely evening out!

I love Miyuki :) She is amazing! Thank you, it was a wonderful evening!

Wow your sisters are definitely going all out on that party making party favors! That is really awesome! I can't wait to see what they look like!

Me too! They are keeping secrets from me so I know it's sure to be amazing!

Amazon should pay you a commission, woman! :lol:

LOL Kelly you crack me up :)

Gearing up to write the rest of the TR now!

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Day 4 – Sunday, May 22, 2011

We got up early so we could catch rope drop @ Animal Kingdom. We actually took a cab because we didn’t think the busses ran that early but we were wrong. Oh well now we know for next time! The CBR has a sign that says busses run 30 minutes before the park opens but we saw a bus for Hollywood Studios @7AM and it wasn’t scheduled to open until 8.

Signage near the turnstyles

DSCN0673.jpg

DSCN0674.jpg

Let the memories begin!

DSCN0675.jpg

DSCN0676.jpg

Fashionista007

Original Poster
We made it to our very first rope drop! What a cute show and we were front and center! I got some cute pics.

DSCN0680.jpg

DSCN0681.jpg

DSCN0686.jpg

DSCN0688.jpg

DSCN0691.jpg

Love the license plate!

DSCN0692.jpg

We made our way to the safari which was the best safari I’ve ever been on. We def need to get a DSLR for the wedding trip.

DSCN0696.jpg

DSCN0701.jpg

DSCN0710.jpg

Fashionista007

Original Poster
In all my rides on KS I have never seen the lion do anything but sleep. This was our first early morning safari and the driver got all excited and told us to be quiet and then the lion started roaring! It was SO cool! Then he sort of started cooing like he was talking to us just like my house cat does! I really wish I had taken video of this instead.

DSCN0717.jpg

DSCN0716.jpg

Then the lion without any warning stood still for a second and then flopped back down. It reminded me of the scene in The Lion King where Scar flops down while he’s talking to Simba.

We took a quiet stroll through Pangini Forest Trail and got some cute pictures:

DSCN0724.jpg

DSCN0725.jpg

DSCN0732.jpg

I think I take this same picture every trip but I love it!

DSCN0738.jpg

DSCN0743.jpg

I took a bunch of gorilla pictures but this was my favorite with him scratching his head!

DSCN0752.jpg

After that we grabbed fast passes for Expedition Everest and had an awesome breakfast at Pizzafari. It was the best Quick Service breakfast I’ve had on property on the last few trips.

DSCN0756.jpg

I made me a sammich!

DSCN0757.jpg

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Then we caught a show of Festival of The Lion King, rode Expedition Everest and went back to the room for a nap.

Bye bye Animal Kingdom! We only had a few hours to spend here but we’re glad we stopped by.

DSCN0758.jpg

The Magical Express tag was on our door when we got back. That’s the saddest sight but at least we'll be back in just 4 short months for our wedding!

IMG_0320.jpg

We napped and got up around 2PM. I packed a bit and we made our way to Hollywood Studios. First we went to Jabba's hut to buy some souvenirs. And we made our way to the Indiana Jones Merch so Jason could buy his coveted hat!

DSCN0759.jpg

Then we made our way to The Premier Theater for Inside The Saga starring Anthony Daniels. This was one of the best highlights of our trip. He talked for a half hour about his experiences as C3PO and it was very touching to see him thank and then hug C3PO. I nearly cried! It was an amazing show.

IMG_0322.jpg

IMG_0323.jpg

IMG_0327.jpg

IMG_0330.jpg

DSCN0769.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg

DSCN0773.jpg

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Then we made our way to Starring Roles Cafe where i had my very first Butterfinger Cupcake! Omg nom nom nom nom. 4 noms!

IMG_0333.jpg

DSCN0774.jpg

DSCN0776.jpg

We shopped for presents for everyone and sat to have a beer for a bit before hyperspace hoopla. People of course were rude and had kids on their shoulders so I could barely see :( I did catch the part with chewy dancing to welcome to the jungle though! It was hilarious! At least we had awesome seats for Anthony Daniels. I added all of Hyperspace Hoopla to my YouTube Playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?p=PL72776952246F5AF8&feature=mh_lolz

We left Hollywood Studios and wanted to go to the Magic Kingdom for Extra Magic Hours. The bus to the Magic Kingdom was mobbed and I was wondering how to get there when Jason said “How about we just take the bus to the Contemporary and walk?” I could not have loved him more in that moment! He’s a TOTAL Disney pro now :) So we took the almost empty bus to the Contemporary and walked to the Magic Kingdom. We dreamed about buying DVC at Bay Lake Towers….mmmmm. The park was open till 3AM that night but we had to get up @6AM to check out and get over to Franck’s for our meeting with our wedding planner.

We got there as the Main Street Electrical Parade was starting.

IMG_0336.jpg

I was starving (a butterfinger cupcake is not dinner!) so we headed over to Cosmic Rays and got a sweet spot outside for The Magic The Memories & You and Wishes. We both had burgers and it was delicious! We watched MMY without a hitch and watching it from the side was great. The projections wrap all the way around the castle and we noticed that what looks like confetti is actually hundreds of pictures!

IMG_0340.jpg

When Wishes was about to start this incredibly rude British family totally jacked our spot. Their kids were almost in my friggin lap. I actually had to move. They were touching our chairs and table. It was ridiculous. Luckily you couldn’t hear the audio very well from there because of the waterfall and the fireworks were mainly blocked by trees so they left after Tinkerbell flew by. I don’t know why things like that surprise me. I’m glad that so far we've always met more nice people than rude people and I will be very sad if that balance ever changes for the worse.

Fashionista007

Original Poster
We rode Carousel of Progress and the PeopleMover and made our way to Frontierland with intentions of riding Big Thunder Mountain but we never did. Jason stopped at the shooting gallery and we ended up watching Main Street Electrical Parade with a pretty good view.

DSCN0778.jpg

DSCN0784.jpg

DSCN0791.jpg

DSCN0814.jpg

DSCN0832.jpg

DSCN0841.jpg

I was feeling sick because I inhaled the burger and I needed to go back to the room. Jason was disappointed because he really wanted to ride Splash Mountain on this trip. We didn’t do any thrill rides except Expedition Everest :( This trip was too short!

On our way out we walked through the shops, take a gander at this little beauty priced at $37,500!

IMG_0339.jpg

One of the CMs noticed I was wearing a Big Bang Theory “Soft Kitty” tee and told me to check out his parody of this and Star Wars on YouTube. I did and I added it to my playlist!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqYRPMzZtFo&list=PL72776952246F5AF8

Bye Bye Magic Kingdom! We’ll be back soon!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom