I Love You...I Know...Wedding Planning and Star Wars Weekends May 2011

We have just returned from yet another magical vacation to The Walt Disney World Resort filled with perfect memories that I can’t wait to share with you! This trip was split between Wedding Planning and Star Wars Weekends. We are getting married at Disney’s Wedding Pavilion on September 27, 2011. We met with our officiant, Rev Kevin Knox, and our Disney Fairytale Wedding planner, Kathleen. We also toured the Wedding Pavilion and UK Lochside which is where we are having an Illuminations Dessert Party! We attended the StarTours2Live meetup and the WDW Radio Meet of The Month and saw GEORGE LUCAS AND BOB IGER IN PERSON HOLDING LIGHTSABERS BATTLING THE DARKSIDE! SQUEE!! Oh yeah and Chewbacca getting down to “Welcome To The Jungle”. This trip was jam packed with awesomeness. It was our most epic trip ever so let the memories begin!

The Cast

Me – Shelley (@WaltSentMe007 on Twitter). This was my 18th trip to the world and my 2nd time staying at The Caribbean Beach Resort.

DF – Jason. This was his 3rd trip to the world (2nd trip with me) and his 1st time at The Caribbean.

DSCN0283.jpg

Previous Trip Reports

Here are all of my previous trip reports. Apologies for the pictures from 2009. That camera was horrible.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=419842 March 2009 Flower & Garden Festival Contemporary Resort
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=637161 September 2010 Engagement Report Animal Kingdom Lodge

Here’s a link to my ongoing Disney Fairytale Wedding Planning Report:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=644129

I started this back in September 2010 after we got engaged. We’re having an Escape Wedding at Disney’s Wedding Pavilion on September 27, 2011. We were featured on an episode of Inside Disney Weddings a few months back and we will be doing another show when we get back from our wedding and honeymoon: http://www.insidedisneyweddings.com/2011/03/wedding-planning-spotlight-shelly-jason/

The Bare Necessities

Look for the bear necessities, the simple bear necessities forget about your worries and your strife…yeah man!

We got your bak guaranteed – CamelBak

Jason suggested we get a CamelBak backpack for this trip because we were not used to going during peak season with all of the crowds and the heat. This was a HUGE money saver in the end. We didn’t buy 1 single bottle of water the entire trip. We purchased the CamelBak DayStar with a 70 oz bladder from Amazon.com. We only ran out of water 1 day and that was because we were at Hollywood Studios @4AM and stayed for 12 hours. We ran out when we got on the bus to go back to our resort so it was no big deal. I highly suggest this product for all WDW Travelers!

Handy Cooler Personal Evaporative Air Cooler

When I found this device I didn’t really believe it. It’s not a fan. It’s an actual portable evaporative air conditioning device. Another find on Amazon.com. The reviews of it were so good I had to try it. Boy am I glad I did. This thing is quite powerful and it gets very cold. There’s a sponge that you wet and insert into the device. It evaporates the water to create cold air. It was SO much better than a fan or those water bottle fans they sell for a 500% markup :) We used it every single day!

DSCN0605.jpg

Flippin Sweet Ridiculously Huge Black Sunhat

Those of you who follow me on Twitter probably saw quite a few tweets about my ridiculous black sunhat. I got a ton of comments on it from Cast Members and other guests. I may have looked utterly ridiculous but I was comfy cozy under all this shade! http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0032AMW0G

DSCN0503.jpg

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Those imagineers definitely know how to do it right :) Working for Disney Imagineering is my dream job they just do everything so magical and I would love to be a part of that

Anyways, I thought of you just now because I was watching Say Yes to the Dress and they had a bride on there that was getting married in Disney World and she wanted that perfect Cinderella dress! And she was getting married at the Wedding Pavilion just like you! She was also getting the Cinderella coach too for transportation.

I'll have to watch that episode of Say Yes to the Dress, a bunch of people tweeted me yesterday about it. It's on my TiVo so hopefully I'll be able to watch it today!

I do love the Cinderella Coach but I believe it's $2400 and it can only be used at the WP. I think that's pretty steep figuring you can walk to the WP from the GF and it's not far at all! But if you can afford it, more power to you! :sohappy:

djpoore94

Fashionista007;4602476 Oh yeah the Butterfinger Cupcake....mmmmm....that's a must do on every trip for me now. Too bad I could only eat half of it! It broke my heart to throw some away but Jason isn't into sweets and I wasn't about to go offering a half eaten cupcake to the strangers around me. Now that's just nuts :hammer: You can google the recipe said:
I hope Jason and I will be as happy as you :)[/B]

That was the first time I had any difficulty with the boarding passes. It's so weird the same thing happened to you! I figured it was a travel agent mix up but maybe not. We had a connecting flight home and they had entered our flight number from atlanta instead of orlando. It was easy enough to figure out though.

You guys are so cute together, I'm sure you'll have a lifetime of happiness!

Fashionista007

Original Poster
You guys are so cute together, I'm sure you'll have a lifetime of happiness!

Thank you :) We went to a high school graduation recently and Jason's grandparents were holding hands the entire time. That's the kind of marriage I want...one where even when you're in your 80's, you're still in love :kiss:

djpoore94

Thank you :) We went to a high school graduation recently and Jason's grandparents were holding hands the entire time. That's the kind of marriage I want...one where even when you're in your 80's, you're still in love :kiss:

Aww... that's so cute! That is definitely the kind of marriage we're striving for as well!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom