Trip Report "I Know More About Disney Than You Two"

Hello!! Hello!! I'm heading back to the world in 16 days so my goal is to get this TR done before I go. I know, you probably don't have much faith in me--neither do I, frankly. But, "If you can dream it, you can do it", right? ;)

WHO:
IMG_0647.JPG

WHERE:

IMG_0299.JPEG

IMG_0229.JPEG

WHEN:
Wednesday, April 14th - Sunday, April 18th

THE TITLE:
The reason for our trip was b/c E wanted to be there on her birthday!! This would actually be the 2nd time she's been in Disney for it. So, obviously all along I figured that the title would have something to do with it. You know, "The Birthday Trip" or something original like that.🤣 I've mentioned in the past that I normally wait though until the end of the trip to decide what the title should be. On day 2 J made a comment to his mother & I that in our wildest dreams we couldn't have been prepared for. Right then & there E's birthday TR title was totally tossed from my mind & a new title was born!!

A sincere welcome to everyone reading!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
FRIDAY, APRIL 16TH

Next we decided to do one of E's favorites ;) 🤣
IMG_0368.JPEG

It was quite a sunny day.
IMG_7894.JPEG

IMG_7895.JPEG

Which took us here next. I had left my sunglasses in my car & couldn't take it anymore so I had to buy a new pair.
IMG_0374.JPEG

After my purchase we went into the Jungle.
IMG_0375.JPEG

IMG_0376.JPEG

IMG_0377.JPEG

My favorite part--probably like most people!!
IMG_0378.JPEG

Some construction type photos.
IMG_0381.JPEG

IMG_0382.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
FRIDAY, APRIL 16TH

We decided to eat lunch somewhere we haven't ate in ages.
IMG_0366.JPEG

IMG_0383.PNG

I had the pepperoni flatbread. E & J's order wasn't ready yet.
IMG_0384.JPEG

IMG_0386.JPEG

Originally our SM pic wasn't of us. I got some message where I had to accept or decline the pics they were showing me. At first I was very disappointed b/c we wouldn't have the pic of J's first time on there. Since you have already seen the pic you know that eventually they got the right one in my account!!
IMG_0387.PNG

IMG_0388.PNG

IMG_0389.PNG

As you can see J was laughing pretty good at something towards the end of our meal. It was me☹️ And he had every right to....
So, as I mentioned I got my food first. When E's was ready J went with her to get it. I was by myself at a table with a total of 4 chairs. A man had approached me & asked if we were using all of our chairs(I'm sure he noticed 3 of us but 4 chairs). I told him we were. It hit me like a ton of bricks at the end of our meal that we weren't. And why did I think we needed all 4???.......
IMG_0390.JPEG

Because I had my bag sitting on one of them & apparently wasn't thinking straight!!😬:jawdrop::banghead:
IMG_0391.JPEG

I was so embarrassed that here I was telling this poor guy that we needed all our chairs. Seriously, I know my bag didn't deserve one!! E & J were laughing at me b/c I was totally mortified!! I got up & she asked me where I was going. To apologize, of course. I approached the man & his family and sincerely apologized for my ignorance. I said that obviously my head was not on right. He & his family were laughing at me & thought it was funny. All while I felt like a genuine idiot!!

Songbird76

FRIDAY, APRIL 16TH

We decided to eat lunch somewhere we haven't ate in ages.
View attachment 576722

View attachment 576723

I had the pepperoni flatbread. E & J's order wasn't ready yet.
View attachment 576724

View attachment 576725

Originally our SM pic wasn't of us. I got some message where I had to accept or decline the pics they were showing me. At first I was very disappointed b/c we wouldn't have the pic of J's first time on there. Since you have already seen the pic you know that eventually they got the right one in my account!!
View attachment 576726

View attachment 576727

View attachment 576728

As you can see J was laughing pretty good at something towards the end of our meal. It was me☹️ And he had every right to....
So, as I mentioned I got my food first. When E's was ready J went with her to get it. I was by myself at a table with a total of 4 chairs. A man had approached me & asked if we were using all of our chairs(I'm sure he noticed 3 of us but 4 chairs). I told him we were. It hit me like a ton of bricks at the end of our meal that we weren't. And why did I think we needed all 4???.......
View attachment 576729

Because I had my bag sitting on one of them & apparently wasn't thinking straight!!😬:jawdrop::banghead:
View attachment 576730
I was so embarrassed that here I was telling this poor guy that we needed all our chairs. Seriously, I know my bag didn't deserve one!! E & J were laughing at me b/c I was totally mortified!! I got up & she asked me where I was going. To apologize, of course. I approached the man & his family and sincerely apologized for my ignorance. I said that obviously my head was not on right. He & his family were laughing at me & thought it was funny. All while I felt like a genuine idiot!!
Well it was really kind of you to go apologize! My daughter has a friend who won't set his backpack on the floor. When they have breaks at school, he insists his backpack have a chair of its own. My daughter will have to sit on the floor so his bag can have a chair.

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
It's called "brain freeze" Patti!🤣 I'm glad you found a pair of sunglasses you liked! We haven't eaten in Pinocchio Haus in many years but I will say your flatbread pizza looked really good!
I felt like such a fool!!
The sunglasses are very similar to the ones that I already had!!
That was the first time we ate there in quite awhile. It had been so long that J really didn't remember eating there before. It was very good!!
J is the man!
He is something else!!
Well it was really kind of you to go apologize! My daughter has a friend who won't set his backpack on the floor. When they have breaks at school, he insists his backpack have a chair of its own. My daughter will have to sit on the floor so his bag can have a chair.
I had to. I felt so bad about the situation.
Really?? I can see not wanting to put it on the floor but why can't he hang it on the back of the chair??

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
FRIDAY, APRIL 16TH

After lunch we wandered out of Fantasyland. Crowds were pretty light.
IMG_0392.JPEG

J wanted to ride Tomorrowland Speedway. E wanted to browse through the shops so I took J on.
IMG_0393.JPEG

Sun was bright. You think I would have had my new sunglasses on!!
IMG_0395.JPEG

IMG_0397.JPEG

IMG_0398.JPEG

J said that he wanted a treat. I was on board with it as long as he didn't tell his mother!! One thing about him, he normally doesn't eat much when it comes to treats. He'll have a few bites but rarely finishes them. And it's not that he's wasteful but he knows his limits. When he's full, he's full. He doesn't overeat just b/c it's there.
IMG_0399.JPEG

We shared a chocolate milkshake. It was very good!!
IMG_0400.JPEG

IMG_0401.JPEG

IMG_0402.JPEG

I let him eat/drink first & finished when he was full.
IMG_0404.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
FRIDAY, APRIL 16TH

J liked Space Mountain so much that he wanted to ride it again. I called E & she said that she couldn't handle it a second time in one day. She continued to shop while we hopped in line.
IMG_0405.JPEG

He said he would do the thumbs up this time but I guess he couldn't pry his hands off the bar!!
IMG_0407.JPG

We headed out of Tomorrowland & went to meet E on Main Street. While walking past the purple wall I told J to stop so we could get a picture. He obviously didn't get it b/c this I ended up by myself.
IMG_0408.JPEG

While he hopped on a rock & posed here!!
IMG_0409.JPEG

He did stop with me for one on Main Street though!!
IMG_0410.JPEG

We went in to check out the substitute Confectionery.
IMG_0411.JPEG

Can't wait until this opens back up!!
IMG_0412.JPEG

It's pretty sad in there. Everything is prepackaged. It was boring if that makes sense.
IMG_0414.JPEG

IMG_0415.JPEG

J decided he wanted cotton candy. Guess what went pretty much untouched & got thrown out the last day of our trip??
IMG_0416.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
FRIDAY, APRIL 16TH

We watched this cavalcade go by as we exited the store.
IMG_0417.JPEG

Then we went across the street to The Emporium. Shortly before the trip @MickeyCB was kind enough to give J some pins to trade. Well, he really got into it in short order!! I think she created a monster!! 🤣 🤣
IMG_0418.JPEG

He got a Mickey/Space Mountain pin to commemorate his first ride!!
IMG_0419.JPEG

IMG_0420.JPEG

I figured R would like this tie so I bought it for him.
IMG_0421.JPEG

We met up with E & went to ride Buzz.
My awesome score.....
IMG_0424.JPEG

IMG_0427.JPG

IMG_0428.JPG

Then it was time for the Tiki Room!!
IMG_0425.JPEG

IMG_0429.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
FRIDAY, APRIL 16TH

After the last few years of being afraid of "the hill" guess who decided to give Pirates a try again??!!
IMG_0432.JPEG

To say he was scared is an understatement.
IMG_7910.JPEG

But as soon as we went down "the hill" he relaxed & enjoyed the rest of the ride!!
IMG_0435.JPEG

IMG_0436.JPEG

It's been quite awhile so I was quite happy to go on again!!
IMG_0437.JPEG

I thought this shirt was cute!!
IMG_0438.JPEG

We started making our way out but stopped for a few pictures along the way.
IMG_0439.JPG

IMG_0440.JPG

IMG_0441.JPG

IMG_0443.JPG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
FRIDAY, APRIL 16TH

To the monorail we went.
IMG_0444.JPEG

IMG_0445.JPEG

Dividers were up.
IMG_0447.JPEG

As was the scrims.
IMG_0448.JPEG

J had a little of his cotton candy.
IMG_0449.JPEG

IMG_0450.JPEG

We got off here & I had quite a belittling experience. B/C I usually take TR notes at the end of the day I take quite a few pics so I have the time stamp of where we were when etc. This was one of those pics. See Officer Friendly there? He approached me when he saw me taking the pic & told me I needed to delete it off my phone b/c I took a picture in a "secure area". Anyone else out there have a photo similar to this or am I the only one among all the millions of people to visit WDW? Anyhow, it was the way he said it to me that irritated me. You would have thought I was a threat to national security. He stood there & made sure I deleted it.
IMG_0451.JPEG

When we got inside E showed me how to retrieve it!! 🤣 Which really made it dumb that he had me delete it if I could just turn around & put it back on!! When I told R about the situation he told me that I really shouldn't post the above pic in the TR. Really?? I guess he thinks they're going to give me the lifetime ban from WDW or something??
IMG_0452.JPEG

J had to get a Pirates pin for finally having the courage to go on again!!
IMG_0453.JPEG

Last edited:

Songbird76

Really?? I can see not wanting to put it on the floor but why can't he hang it on the back of the chair??
A question she asks herself every time she ends up sitting on the floor! I have no answer...it seems pretty rude to me to demand your friend sit on the floor that you deem too filthy for your backpack. Not good enough for your bag, but fine for your friend?? But my daughter is like her mother and hates confrontation, so she won't say anything. She doesn't think it's worth fighting about and she doesn't want to make waves in their friend group.

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
A question she asks herself every time she ends up sitting on the floor! I have no answer...it seems pretty rude to me to demand your friend sit on the floor that you deem too filthy for your backpack. Not good enough for your bag, but fine for your friend?? But my daughter is like her mother and hates confrontation, so she won't say anything. She doesn't think it's worth fighting about and she doesn't want to make waves in their friend group.
I think it's EXTREMELY RUDE!! I don't like confrontation either so I probably wouldn't say anything either though.
With how often you go to WDW I don’t think they can afford to ban you. :hilarious:
🤣 🤣 🤣
Especially over something as silly as that!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
FRIDAY, APRIL 16TH

Our destination was The Enchanted Rose. We had some friends to meet!! We had the pleasure of meeting @Loco_driver & his lovely wife A!!

As you can see there is lots of laughter in the next few pics. Why?? Well, while J & I were in line for Space Mountain I let him in on a little surprise that they were bringing.....
IMG_0456.JPEG

IMG_0457.JPEG

It was none other than Bucky!!
IMG_0458.JPEG

If I remember correctly @Loco_driver told E that he knew of her love for PCB's so he wanted to bring him. Then we explained the story of Bucky to her!! We had quite a fun time having drinks with our new friends!! And.....this is where I'm hoping @Loco_driver can help me out. I know we took a picture there but I do not have it. If you do could you possibly post it?

@Darstarr was curious if they would give a refill on a Christmas bucket in the middle of April. After all, it's only supposed to be refills for the length of your stay. We decided to head over to MK to test this out.

J & I were the bad guys while the rest of the crew watched from afar. Here I am breaking Disney rules twice in one day!!
IMG_1862.JPEG

J was getting a huge kick out of this!!
IMG_1863.JPEG

The CM didn't question us about our holiday bucket & just handed us the refill!! We were laughing so much about the whole thing that somehow some of the popcorn ended up on the ground!!
IMG_0459.JPEG

We had to get some pics to document this awesome occurrence!!
IMG_0460.JPG

IMG_0462.JPG

Had to make sure that Bucky got in the photo!!
IMG_0463.JPG

We had a wonderful, fun time with our new friends & for the time being we're now the proud owners of Bucky!! Lucky for us our paths are going to cross again next week with @Loco_driver & A so we'll be seeing them soon!! I'm looking forward to it!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
FRIDAY, APRIL 16TH

@Loco_driver & A were going to stay at the park. We were beat so we headed out. We made sure to look at where our bus stop was b/c we didn't want J chastising us again!! 🤣
IMG_0464.JPEG

A bus was waiting when we got there.
IMG_0465.JPEG

We passed by this family favorite on the way back!!
IMG_0467.JPEG

IMG_0468.JPEG

When we got back J was admiring his quickly growing pin collection. We owe all the thanks in the world to @MickeyCB for this one!!🤣
IMG_0469.JPEG

This magic shot showed up! I love it!!
IMG_0471.JPG

The man of the hour!!
IMG_0472.JPEG

IMG_0473.JPEG

There was a message from the front desk that there was a gift there. A friend of mine had sent this to E for her birthday!! By the time I brought it back she was sleeping so it had to wait until morning!!
IMG_0474.JPEG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom