Trip Report "I Know More About Disney Than You Two"

Hello!! Hello!! I'm heading back to the world in 16 days so my goal is to get this TR done before I go. I know, you probably don't have much faith in me--neither do I, frankly. But, "If you can dream it, you can do it", right? ;)

WHO:
IMG_0647.JPG

WHERE:

IMG_0299.JPEG

IMG_0229.JPEG

WHEN:
Wednesday, April 14th - Sunday, April 18th

THE TITLE:
The reason for our trip was b/c E wanted to be there on her birthday!! This would actually be the 2nd time she's been in Disney for it. So, obviously all along I figured that the title would have something to do with it. You know, "The Birthday Trip" or something original like that.🤣 I've mentioned in the past that I normally wait though until the end of the trip to decide what the title should be. On day 2 J made a comment to his mother & I that in our wildest dreams we couldn't have been prepared for. Right then & there E's birthday TR title was totally tossed from my mind & a new title was born!!

A sincere welcome to everyone reading!!

Minnesota disney fan

Riverside, sorry to be so late to answer your question, "Did we book anything yet?".
Sadly, No, and probably won't til next year. We want to go to DL in the Spring though, for the first time!
I don't want to fight the 50th crowds this year. I don't care for alot of crowds and we usually went to WDW on "off" times to help with that. I don't think there are going to be any "off" times this year or next, not until this post covid traveling slows down.
I'm also upset at the changes at disney with cutting and taking away and raising, raising the prices anyway. I can't imagine trying to go now (just my opinion!) with the crowds, limited food options, limited staff to assist everyone, just the whole thing. And throw into that the huge demand at disney with the 50th and post covid. I know that's an unpopular opinion and most people are loving going back to WDW now, and I think that's great! It's just not for us at this time.
So, maybe next fall at WDW, if all goes well.
I know you guys have a blast and I love following along and hope we will be back some day next year:)

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
Riverside, sorry to be so late to answer your question, "Did we book anything yet?".
Sadly, No, and probably won't til next year. We want to go to DL in the Spring though, for the first time!
I don't want to fight the 50th crowds this year. I don't care for alot of crowds and we usually went to WDW on "off" times to help with that. I don't think there are going to be any "off" times this year or next, not until this post covid traveling slows down.
I'm also upset at the changes at disney with cutting and taking away and raising, raising the prices anyway. I can't imagine trying to go now (just my opinion!) with the crowds, limited food options, limited staff to assist everyone, just the whole thing. And throw into that the huge demand at disney with the 50th and post covid. I know that's an unpopular opinion and most people are loving going back to WDW now, and I think that's great! It's just not for us at this time.
So, maybe next fall at WDW, if all goes well.
I know you guys have a blast and I love following along and hope we will be back some day next year:)
You're not late at all!! You commented on July 8th & it took me until yesterday to respond!!
It was pretty crowded during our recent trip & I'm sure the 50th is going to make it worse. So, I understand what you mean. Disneyland will be nice though!!
I also see your other point. There are definitely some areas that I've noticed are lacking.
Thanks for following & I hope you get back next year also!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
FRIDAY, APRIL 16TH

I headed out for my morning walk & after coming back & getting ready I sat on the balcony with a cup of coffee.
IMG_0331.JPEG

Pretty nice view!!
IMG_0332.JPEG

We got to the bus stop where J for once was not following the social distancing rules!! I guess he was so focused on his cereal that he forgot all about them!!
IMG_0333.JPEG

In no time at all we were at MK!!
IMG_0334.JPEG

IMG_0335.JPEG

J gave me a high five b/c I finally made it through security without setting off the metal detector!! Finally figuring out that my wallet was the culprit I stopped using it. But, would my luck last......???
IMG_0336.JPEG

I can't wait until the day where I can see my favorite MK sight without scrims!!
IMG_0337.JPEG

Some friends were out saying hello when we walked in.
IMG_0338.JPEG

IMG_0339.JPEG

IMG_0340.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
FRIDAY, APRIL 16TH

Still bummed that Casey's was closed.
IMG_0342.JPEG

J wanted to ride the wildest ride in the wilderness so we headed there first.
IMG_0343.JPEG

5 minute wait!! Woo Hoo!!
IMG_0344.JPEG

Isn't he getting brave??
IMG_0347.JPEG

Haunted Mansion was up next. Unfortunately, our ride photos did not show up.
IMG_0348.JPEG

We browsed the gift shop after. I really liked this sweatshirt & contemplated buying it.
IMG_0352.JPEG

Until I saw the back. It's just "too much" IMO. If the back wouldn't have had anything on it I would have bought it.
IMG_0353.JPEG

But, I did buy this. I decided this would be a better "wallet" than what I was using so purchased it.
IMG_0354.JPEG

IMG_0355.JPEG

After that we headed to Tomorrowland.
IMG_0357.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
FRIDAY, APRIL 16TH

Before we get to Tomorrowland I just realized I forgot these pics that E had taken.
IMG_7882.JPEG

I guess the sun was in her eyes??
IMG_7883.JPEG

IMG_7885.JPEG

Now on to Tomorrowland where J decided that he was finally going to go on Space Mountain!!
IMG_0358.JPEG

IMG_0359.JPEG

He was super nervous. He kept asking a million questions(a sign that he's nervous) & at one point he was standing pretty much on top of me & I could feel his heart beating a mile a minute!!
IMG_0361.JPEG

When we explained how the ride vehicle was set up he decided that he wanted to sit in the middle.
IMG_0362.JPEG

He was supposed to do a "thumbs up" also but I guess he was too scared. BTW--he absolutely loved the ride!!
IMG_0470.JPG

The Peoplemover, which still wasn't open, had empty cars moving all around.
IMG_0363.JPEG

Then it was time for the mine train!!
IMG_0364.JPEG

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I really liked this sweatshirt & contemplated buying it.
Until I saw the back. It's just "too much" IMO. If the back wouldn't have had anything on it I would have bought it.
View attachment 573978
A thousand times this!!! So many times I have seen a cute shirt/sweatshirt that I intend to buy, only to discover an unnecessary amount of carp on the back. No thanks!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
A thousand times this!!! So many times I have seen a cute shirt/sweatshirt that I intend to buy, only to discover an unnecessary amount of carp on the back. No thanks!
This is also a pet peeve of mine -- I'll see a cute shirt and think I'll buy it -- until I look at the back and see large images of unnecessary carp on the back!! 🤦‍♀️

My favorite Disney t-shirt was one I bought probably 20 years ago (I still have it!!). It was navy blue, with a small pocket on the front -- and a small, red Mickey embroidered on the pocket. The rest of the shirt was plain, front and back. I wish that WDW would sell more subtle shirts, along with their stock of larger print ones.

susan lees

I have not been spending much time on the boards, being from the UK it's somewhat depressing having to cancel and not know when we will make it back! We always stay at OKW we love it the 1BR villa's are so big and it is a beautiful resort, taking the boat to Disney springs is so relaxing. J cracks me up.
We've booked for next September. Good offer just now with money for dining. We only paid £100 deposit. Cheered me up to have something to look forward to.

slipperalwaysfits

It was pretty crowded during our recent trip & I'm sure the 50th is going to make it worse
YES! With the crowds we saw everywhere this week, it made me think twice about going back in the Fall. I don't "need" to go back because "it's the 50th." It's more like: we go every Fall and we want to go again so we are keeping the booking. :geek: The crowds will still be crazy, but hopefully, with more shows open and longer park hours, it will feel a little more spread out.
I headed out for my morning walk & after coming back & getting ready I sat on the balcony with a cup of coffee.
LOVELY View!! :geek:
I can't wait until the day where I can see my favorite MK sight without scrims!!
Last Friday (7/23), they'd removed the very top of the scrim....hopefully, @Tuvalu can confirm they are removing even more!
Isn't he getting brave?
J is getting VERY brave!!! So proud of him for getting on BTMRR AND Space!!
He was supposed to do a "thumbs up" also but I guess he was too scared. BTW--he absolutely loved the ride!!
Space can be a little scary, so it's awesome that J ended up loving the ride!
YES, @Tuvalu this has happened to me on many a trip. At first, I'm disappointed, then I realize I'm saving money. :jawdrop:

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
It happens more often than not to me also!!
J is so brave with how he will ride all of these coasters!

J is braver than me, I have never made it onto Space yet!

Braver than me, too! I rode Space when I was 8 or 9....no thank you. I'll pass. And I won't put my hands up on anything really....I won't do 7DMT again at all.

OMG, I am so proud of J for going on SM!!! He really is getting so adventurous and it's so sweet that you're getting to experience all these firsts with him! 😍

That is the BEST picture of J holing the support thing really TIGHT, it is awesome

Wow! I think J is incredibly brave for his age!
He is getting pretty brave but still won't go on Everest yet!!
This is also a pet peeve of mine -- I'll see a cute shirt and think I'll buy it -- until I look at the back and see large images of unnecessary carp on the back!! 🤦‍♀️

My favorite Disney t-shirt was one I bought probably 20 years ago (I still have it!!). It was navy blue, with a small pocket on the front -- and a small, red Mickey embroidered on the pocket. The rest of the shirt was plain, front and back. I wish that WDW would sell more subtle shirts, along with their stock of larger print ones.
And that's just it--the images are always huge!! You sound like me--I'm more into subtle things. I don't like "look at me" type stuff!!
We've booked for next September. Good offer just now with money for dining. We only paid £100 deposit. Cheered me up to have something to look forward to.

Spoiler alert, at the weekend we booked for next May with the offer, pre trip report to come :)

We've also just booked for Oct 22😁😁 (not with offer as days we needednot included!), Hoping nothing gets in the way as we should have ben there this year
Yay!! I'm so happy for all of you!!
YES! With the crowds we saw everywhere this week, it made me think twice about going back in the Fall. I don't "need" to go back because "it's the 50th." It's more like: we go every Fall and we want to go again so we are keeping the booking. :geek: The crowds will still be crazy, but hopefully, with more shows open and longer park hours, it will feel a little more spread out.
I'm sure it's going to be very crowded. There weren't many rooms available when I booked our October trip.
Last Friday (7/23), they'd removed the very top of the scrim....hopefully, @Tuvalu can confirm they are removing even more!
That is awesome news!!
J is getting VERY brave!!! So proud of him for getting on BTMRR AND Space!!
Thanks!!
YES, @Tuvalu this has happened to me on many a trip. At first, I'm disappointed, then I realize I'm saving money. :jawdrop:
That is a great way of looking at it!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom