Trip Report I know every mile will be worth my while! (A Princess 5K trip report)

Somehow I knew this TR title would reference a song from a Disney movie. I'm a singer after all, and the Disney Renaissance was basically my childhood. A few titles I considered relating to the theme included:

"It's funny how some distance makes everything seem small"
"If I go there's just no telling how far I'll go"
"Come run the hidden pine trails of the forest"
"There ain't nothing gonna stop me now cause I'm almost there"
"We must be swift as a coursing river"

But I went with Hercules for several reasons, not only because I relate to the themes of the song, but because it kept popping up during the trip.

In case you missed my PTR, visit A first, a second, and a third.

Otherwise, continue reading for a journey full of family, fun, and OF COURSE food!

Last edited:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Day 4, cont.

Our first FP was for Pirates, and we decided to take the train. There was no train in the Main Street station so I took a moment to enjoy the view and take some photos.

When I heard the whistle I ran to catch up with the family.

I love that the monorail and the MPB are on the same level. :joyfull:

Soon we were off in Frontierland.

tumblr_p4tgciidaO1un92rjo7_1280.jpg

I may not care for water rides, but Splash Mountain sure is pretty!

Time for Pirates!

I sat with MIL behind M and her dad. At the drop a LOT of water got into our row and my foot and leg were soaked. :rolleyes: I don't ride water rides (Splash, Kali, etc.) because I don't want to get soaking wet and yet... :rolleyes:

Soon I forgot my troubles though, because it was time for lunch at Pecos Bill's! At the cash register I asked the CM if I could get the nachos but with beans instead of meat, and he suggested I get the veggie nachos (not on the menu) with beans added. Even better!

M and I shared an order of nachos and it was plenty of food. I think FIL had tacos and MIL got a kid's meal of some sort. Everyone liked it and it was a good value for the price.

Our next FP was for Haunted Mansion but we had a bit of time until the window opened. M and her mom went to check our Memento Mori, while FIL and I hung out in the area of Fantasyland near the Tangled Toilet.

tumblr_p4tgtfVcBD1un92rjo6_1280.jpg

tumblr_p4tgtfVcBD1un92rjo8_1280.jpg

tumblr_p4tgtfVcBD1un92rjo9_1280.jpg

tumblr_p4tgtfVcBD1un92rjo10_1280.jpg

tumblr_p4they8C9p1un92rjo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_p4they8C9p1un92rjo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_p4they8C9p1un92rjo5_1280.jpg

tumblr_p4they8C9p1un92rjo6_1280.jpg

tumblr_p4they8C9p1un92rjo7_1280.jpg

Up next: More Fantasyland Photo Overload, The Feral Children, and the Haunted Mansion!
Day 4, cont.

More photos from hanging out in Fantasyland...

tumblr_p4they8C9p1un92rjo8_1280.jpg

tumblr_p4they8C9p1un92rjo9_1280.jpg

tumblr_p4thhsQ4T31un92rjo1_1280.jpg

Wait, who's that??

tumblr_p4thhsQ4T31un92rjo2_1280.jpg

Could it be??

And now, the story of the Feral Children.

tumblr_p4thhsQ4T31un92rjo3_1280.jpg

See the little white ibis near the center of the picture, to the left of the water? FIL said to me, "Look at that!" and I thought he was talking about the bird. Turns out, he was talking about a little girl, maybe 4 or 5, who had maneuvered her way through the fence and was standing in the grass on the right (out of frame). We were both watching, waiting for a parent to scold her...when instead we saw her older brother climb in after her! :rolleyes:

Our FP time was here! M and her mom were still in Memento Mori so we found them and all headed toward the Mansion.

tumblr_p4thhsQ4T31un92rjo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_p4thhsQ4T31un92rjo5_1280.jpg

tumblr_p4thhsQ4T31un92rjo6_1280.jpg

The Haunted Mansion is still one of my all-time favorite WDW attractions. My first day trip when I was eight was with an uncle and some older cousins. I wasn't quite ready to do roller coasters and thrill rides but they convinced me to ride all three Mountains (traumatizing!). The one ride I really remember loving was HM. And I've never stopped loving it! :)

On our way back to Fantasyland...

tumblr_p4thjdinno1un92rjo3_1280.jpg

Confession time: I am not a fan of Tangled. The animation is nice but the story just doesn't do it for me. It doesn't tug at my heartstrings like so many other Disney movies. Unpopular opinion: I didn't care for Mandy Moore's singing as Rapunzel. I wish Disney had stuck with the tradition of hiring Broadway stars to voice characters-or at least provide their singing voices. Think Lea Salonga, Judy Kuhn, Anika Noni Rose, etc. All that said, I think this area of the park is absolutely gorgeous. For as popular as Tangled was/is I find it odd that the movie didn't get its own attraction (unless you consider a bathroom an attraction... @figmentfan423).

Up next: In search of coffee. The Duck Stalker. And Castle photo overload!
YEA, bathroom exterior shot. Tangled is one of my favorite movies BTW! More so after Flynn took my ds to pull the sword out of the stone:inlove:

Tuvalu

So, you know how they have those tours in the parks (that cost extra money). Well, I think you should offer the Bathroom Tour. They don't have that tour yet. You know the location of every single bathroom in the parks and hotels, and there's probably crazy people that would actually sign up for it. :p
Woody has been telling me for awhile I need to find a way to make money from my Disney knowledge. :joyfull:

bee

Original Poster
YEA, bathroom exterior shot. Tangled is one of my favorite movies BTW! More so after Flynn took my ds to pull the sword out of the stone:inlove:
Nice!

So, you know how they have those tours in the parks (that cost extra money). Well, I think you should offer the Bathroom Tour. They don't have that tour yet. You know the location of every single bathroom in the parks and hotels, and there's probably crazy people that would actually sign up for it. :p

Woody has been telling me for awhile I need to find a way to make money from my Disney knowledge. :joyfull:

Yah, I want your tour to be successful, but when you pitch your new tour idea to management, make sure they agree to a reasonable tour fee for participants -- otherwise, they might add in an upcharge for toilet paper?! :facepalm::p
Sign me up for Tours by Tuvalu: Bathroom Edition!

@bee
I like Tangled and enjoy watching / hearing the songs
Vocative does a Disney Love Medley which includes See the Light which is very well done
My DD (music studenth introduced it to me
You should check it out

Max

That Voctave video has all the feels!!!! A MUST watch! :inlove:

Great shout out Max! I had to go listen.
Thanks, @amjt660, I will check it out! I actually do like that song and have assigned it to a fair number of students because it's written in a very singable range for many young voices. (And it's pretty!)

LeighM

There's actually a blog, forgot what it's called (maybe Loo Review), that profiles restrooms around WDW property :)

amjt660

Premium Member
Just listened to more Vocactive - they have some really good stuff on YouTube

And then I started to wonder about the female singers in the group and thought maybe one of them could be our @bee

Since you have never shared your own picture with us it is plausible that you are in this amazing group.......

Max

bee

Original Poster
There's actually a blog, forgot what it's called (maybe Loo Review), that profiles restrooms around WDW property :)
See? Once again I am a day late and a dollar short.....☹️
Blog smog, I want the all inclusive extra special by @Tuvalu tour:joyfull:
Luckily for women, we can enjoy both LOL. The blog is usually the men's room. In case anyone ever wondered if all of the men's rooms also have flowers :joyfull:
@Tuvalu, the blogs have nothing on your unique perspective (and your #MomSnark I'm sure :hilarious: )

Just listened to more Vocactive - they have some really good stuff on YouTube

And then I started to wonder about the female singers in the group and thought maybe one of them could be our @bee

Since you have never shared your own picture with us it is plausible that you are in this amazing group.......

Max
Very true, I could be singing high notes in the background... :jawdrop:

bee

Original Poster
Your photos prove what I've been spouting. An advanced smart phone camera is just as good as a DSLR or mirrorless with a "kit" lens. If your main purpose is documenting your trip, you don't really need anything more. Nice job with the pics!
Thank you, @fractal! I can't imagine carrying a camera when I wouldn't know how to use it anyway. :) M is a decent photographer-she does a bit of photography as part of her university job, and she takes my opera headshots and other publicity/performance photos. Even she doesn't bring a camera on our trips.

Songbird76

@Tuvalu, the blogs have nothing on your unique perspective (and your #MomSnark I'm sure :hilarious: )

Very true, I could be singing high notes in the background... :jawdrop:
Didn't you mention in one of your TRs that you had an audition at some point for Voices of Liberty? And Voctave is made up of current and former Voices of Liberty singers....so, @bee , how did that audition go? Or am I remembering it incorrectly?

bee

Original Poster
Didn't you mention in one of your TRs that you had an audition at some point for Voices of Liberty? And Voctave is made up of current and former Voices of Liberty singers....so, @bee , how did that audition go? Or am I remembering it incorrectly?
You remember correctly! I have actually auditioned for VoL twice. I have not (yet) gotten a callback, however. So, sadly I am in neither Voices of Liberty nor Voctave.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom