Trip Report I know every mile will be worth my while! (A Princess 5K trip report)

Somehow I knew this TR title would reference a song from a Disney movie. I'm a singer after all, and the Disney Renaissance was basically my childhood. A few titles I considered relating to the theme included:

"It's funny how some distance makes everything seem small"
"If I go there's just no telling how far I'll go"
"Come run the hidden pine trails of the forest"
"There ain't nothing gonna stop me now cause I'm almost there"
"We must be swift as a coursing river"

But I went with Hercules for several reasons, not only because I relate to the themes of the song, but because it kept popping up during the trip.

In case you missed my PTR, visit A first, a second, and a third.

Otherwise, continue reading for a journey full of family, fun, and OF COURSE food!

Last edited:

bee

Original Poster
Hooooray for delicious meals at Jiko!! We love it there.
One day I want to stay at AKL for a no- or few-parks trip so I can eat at every restaurant (and lounge) there and not have to worry about time or transportation. We'll definitely be back!

Stay safe and inside today if you can.
Thanks! My school in NJ is closed today, but M's university is open because NYC public schools are open. We're hoping she can leave early today to avoid the disaster that the evening commute is going to be. :rolleyes:

bee

Original Poster
Day 4: Saturday, February 24

We took our time getting up this morning. By the time we were dressed and leaving the room it was almost 11:00 and we knew we wouldn't make it to Pepper Market in time for breakfast. So we strolled over to the main building and shared a danish at Cafe Rix.

tumblr_p4tg98OjuC1un92rjo1_1280.jpg

For those who like bathroom photos (@Tuvalu? @MinnieM123? Who am I missing?)

tumblr_p4tg98OjuC1un92rjo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_p4tg98OjuC1un92rjo2_1280.jpg

The parents met us in the lobby...

tumblr_p4tg98OjuC1un92rjo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_p4tg98OjuC1un92rjo5_1280.jpg

tumblr_p4tg98OjuC1un92rjo6_1280.jpg

...and we decided to all drive to our building and park and take the bus to MK.

We waited maybe twelve minutes for the bus and this was one of the longest waits of the trip. The ride from Coronado to MK may be longer than to the other parks but it really isn't that bad. Soon we were here:

tumblr_p4tg98OjuC1un92rjo7_1280.jpg

tumblr_p4tg98OjuC1un92rjo8_1280.jpg

tumblr_p4tg98OjuC1un92rjo9_1280.jpg

tumblr_p4tg98OjuC1un92rjo10_1280.jpg

Almost inside!!!!

tumblr_p4tgciidaO1un92rjo1_1280.jpg

Up next: my FIL's favorite ride (the MPB)

fractal

Love the Epcot photos! - One of these days I'll have to take the time to watch the movie in China. Happy to see the Jaminators still playing - someone here posted they were cut.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Love the Epcot photos! - One of these days I'll have to take the time to watch the movie in China. Happy to see the Jaminators still playing - someone here posted they were cut.

Another fan here of the JAMMitors, and like yourself, I had also heard that they were cut (or going to be cut). I don't recall exactly where I read that a few months ago, but glad to see they are still performing and making people happy. I think they're fun and talented.

bee

Original Poster
Day 4, cont.

Our first FP was for Pirates, and we decided to take the train. There was no train in the Main Street station so I took a moment to enjoy the view and take some photos.

tumblr_p4tgciidaO1un92rjo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_p4tgciidaO1un92rjo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_p4tgciidaO1un92rjo4_1280.jpg

When I heard the whistle I ran to catch up with the family.

tumblr_p4tgciidaO1un92rjo5_1280.jpg

tumblr_p4tgciidaO1un92rjo6_1280.jpg

I love that the monorail and the MPB are on the same level. :joyfull:

Soon we were off in Frontierland.

tumblr_p4tgciidaO1un92rjo7_1280.jpg

I may not care for water rides, but Splash Mountain sure is pretty!

Time for Pirates!

tumblr_p4tgciidaO1un92rjo8_1280.jpg

I sat with MIL behind M and her dad. At the drop a LOT of water got into our row and my foot and leg were soaked. :rolleyes: I don't ride water rides (Splash, Kali, etc.) because I don't want to get soaking wet and yet... :rolleyes:

Soon I forgot my troubles though, because it was time for lunch at Pecos Bill's! At the cash register I asked the CM if I could get the nachos but with beans instead of meat, and he suggested I get the veggie nachos (not on the menu) with beans added. Even better!

tumblr_p4tgtfVcBD1un92rjo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_p4tgtfVcBD1un92rjo2_1280.jpg

M and I shared an order of nachos and it was plenty of food. I think FIL had tacos and MIL got a kid's meal of some sort. Everyone liked it and it was a good value for the price.

Our next FP was for Haunted Mansion but we had a bit of time until the window opened. M and her mom went to check our Memento Mori, while FIL and I hung out in the area of Fantasyland near the Tangled Toilet.

tumblr_p4tgtfVcBD1un92rjo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_p4tgtfVcBD1un92rjo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_p4tgtfVcBD1un92rjo6_1280.jpg

tumblr_p4tgtfVcBD1un92rjo8_1280.jpg

tumblr_p4tgtfVcBD1un92rjo9_1280.jpg

tumblr_p4tgtfVcBD1un92rjo10_1280.jpg

tumblr_p4they8C9p1un92rjo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_p4they8C9p1un92rjo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_p4they8C9p1un92rjo5_1280.jpg

tumblr_p4they8C9p1un92rjo6_1280.jpg

tumblr_p4they8C9p1un92rjo7_1280.jpg

Up next: More Fantasyland Photo Overload, The Feral Children, and the Haunted Mansion!

bee

Original Poster
I love a good bathroom picture! (Is that creepy?) I'm always amazed that the details they put into many of their restrooms, from the tiles to the music.
Is it creepy? I hope not!

Another fan here of the JAMMitors, and like yourself, I had also heard that they were cut (or going to be cut). I don't recall exactly where I read that a few months ago, but glad to see they are still performing and making people happy. I think they're fun and talented.
Yay for the JAMMitors! We should form a fan club! :joyfull:

I’ve been in that CSR bathroom.....:joyfull:
When visiting Pepper Market, no doubt!

bee

Original Poster
Day 4, cont.

More photos from hanging out in Fantasyland...

tumblr_p4they8C9p1un92rjo8_1280.jpg

tumblr_p4they8C9p1un92rjo9_1280.jpg

tumblr_p4thhsQ4T31un92rjo1_1280.jpg

Wait, who's that??

tumblr_p4thhsQ4T31un92rjo2_1280.jpg

Could it be??

And now, the story of the Feral Children.

tumblr_p4thhsQ4T31un92rjo3_1280.jpg

See the little white ibis near the center of the picture, to the left of the water? FIL said to me, "Look at that!" and I thought he was talking about the bird. Turns out, he was talking about a little girl, maybe 4 or 5, who had maneuvered her way through the fence and was standing in the grass on the right (out of frame). We were both watching, waiting for a parent to scold her...when instead we saw her older brother climb in after her! :rolleyes:

Our FP time was here! M and her mom were still in Memento Mori so we found them and all headed toward the Mansion.

tumblr_p4thhsQ4T31un92rjo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_p4thhsQ4T31un92rjo5_1280.jpg

tumblr_p4thhsQ4T31un92rjo6_1280.jpg

tumblr_p4thhsQ4T31un92rjo7_1280.jpg

tumblr_p4thhsQ4T31un92rjo8_1280.jpg

tumblr_p4thhsQ4T31un92rjo9_1280.jpg

The Haunted Mansion is still one of my all-time favorite WDW attractions. My first day trip when I was eight was with an uncle and some older cousins. I wasn't quite ready to do roller coasters and thrill rides but they convinced me to ride all three Mountains (traumatizing!). The one ride I really remember loving was HM. And I've never stopped loving it! :)

On our way back to Fantasyland...

tumblr_p4thjdinno1un92rjo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_p4thjdinno1un92rjo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_p4thjdinno1un92rjo3_1280.jpg

Confession time: I am not a fan of Tangled. The animation is nice but the story just doesn't do it for me. It doesn't tug at my heartstrings like so many other Disney movies. Unpopular opinion: I didn't care for Mandy Moore's singing as Rapunzel. I wish Disney had stuck with the tradition of hiring Broadway stars to voice characters-or at least provide their singing voices. Think Lea Salonga, Judy Kuhn, Anika Noni Rose, etc. All that said, I think this area of the park is absolutely gorgeous. For as popular as Tangled was/is I find it odd that the movie didn't get its own attraction (unless you consider a bathroom an attraction... @figmentfan423).

Up next: In search of coffee. The Duck Stalker. And Castle photo overload!

bee

Original Poster
Day 4, cont.

At this point we split up. M and I had a FP for BTMR, and the parents did...something else. I want to say Mickey's Philharmagic and maybe Peter Pan?

No photos from BTMR but we had a great time as always! Then we reeeeeeally wanted some coffee. We ended up at Sleepy Hollow and each had an iced coffee.

tumblr_p4thjdinno1un92rjo4_1280.jpg
Vanilla for me and mocha for M

We found a shady place to enjoy our coffees and M noticed this REALLY WIDE DOOR:

tumblr_p4thjdinno1un92rjo5_1280.jpg

And now, the tale of the Duck Stalker. See these two ducks?

tumblr_p4thjdinno1un92rjo6_1280.jpg

tumblr_p4thjdinno1un92rjo7_1280.jpg

A mom and little girl (maybe 3? I'm bad at estimating kids' ages) were sitting just out of frame to the left. The ducks were just trying to enjoy in peace the crumbs left over by human guests, when the little girl decided she wanted to play with the ducks:

tumblr_p4thjdinno1un92rjo8_1280.jpg

Girl on left in Ariel shirt

tumblr_p4thjdinno1un92rjo9_1280.jpg

Every step they took...she was watching them.

tumblr_p4thjdinno1un92rjo10_1280.jpg

By this point they are near the other end of the bricks...and there she is!

Finally they flew away, startling the little girl and amusing us.

tumblr_p4thu2PP8X1un92rjo1_1280.jpg

LBSQ SLEEPY!

We reunited with the parents and enjoyed the views.

tumblr_p4thu2PP8X1un92rjo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_p4thu2PP8X1un92rjo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_p4thu2PP8X1un92rjo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_p4thu2PP8X1un92rjo5_1280.jpg

tumblr_p4thu2PP8X1un92rjo6_1280.jpg

tumblr_p4thu2PP8X1un92rjo7_1280.jpg

tumblr_p4thu2PP8X1un92rjo8_1280.jpg

tumblr_p4thu2PP8X1un92rjo9_1280.jpg

Up next: A quick visit to Tomorrowland, and The Feral Children Return!

Last edited:

bee

Original Poster
Day 4, cont.

MIL suggested we all ride the Peoplemover, so off we went to Tomorrowland. But not before some more Castle photos!!!

tumblr_p4vbbv67XT1un92rjo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_p4vbbv67XT1un92rjo2_1280.jpg

Since I have the nicest camera on my phone I am the designated photographer. Sometimes MIL would ask me to take a photo of something pretty and I always obliged of course. This was one she asked for. I didn't think this one would turn out because of the lighting, but I think it looks kind of cool:

tumblr_p4vbbv67XT1un92rjo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_p4vbbv67XT1un92rjo4_1280.jpg

Blue skiiiiiiiies, smilin' at meeeeeeee

tumblr_p4vbbv67XT1un92rjo5_1280.jpg

There was a significant line for the Peoplemover but we didn't mind waiting. Well, my feet may have objected a bit, but I suffered in silence. ;)

tumblr_p4vbbv67XT1un92rjo6_1280.jpg

So much potential commentary here...a sad robot holding outdated paper news...

tumblr_p4vbbv67XT1un92rjo7_1280.jpg

These sad bushes were near the moving walkway up to the ride. FIL remarked that the "Feral Children" from before must have been here. :hilarious:

tumblr_p4vbbv67XT1un92rjo8_1280.jpg

A little video I took:

After our happy little ride we were all ready for a snack. FIL and MIL had...hotdogs?? I don't remember, and I don't take photos of their food when they join us because it would be weird. M and I shared a Mickey pretzel and a Coke Icee-type beverage.

tumblr_p4vbbv67XT1un92rjo9_1280.jpg

tumblr_p4vbbv67XT1un92rjo10_1280.jpg

And of course we kept the Mickey straw.

One of my goals for this trip was to finally see Happily Ever After. It was still hot and we weren't in the mood to stay in the park for two more hours waiting, and we DEFINITELY weren't in the mood to join the mass exodus that would inevitably take place following the fireworks. But if you've read my reports before you may know I enjoy seeing fireworks OUTSIDE the park nearly as much as seeing them IN the park! So we made a plan to go somewhere else to see them!

On the way out...

tumblr_p4vbdeib4W1un92rjo1_1280.jpg

But not before saying goodbye to Cinderella Castle!

tumblr_p4vbdeib4W1un92rjo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_p4vbdeib4W1un92rjo4_1280.jpg

We walked through the Emporium to enjoy the AC as we made our way out. At some point FIL was "done" with shopping so he said he would meet us outside the bathrooms by the train station. M and I weren't really into the shopping by this point but we stayed with MIL to make sure she didn't get lost or buy too much. :joyfull:

tumblr_p4vbdeib4W1un92rjo5_1280.jpg

tumblr_p4vbdeib4W1un92rjo6_1280.jpg

M and I were tempted to buy these park-themed espresso cups, but at $40 for the set we just couldn't justify it.

We all left empty-handed (despite MUCH tempting merchandise!) and met FIL outside. From there, we all headed to the monorail for our HEA viewing destination.

Up next: Where are we going? Will we make it there?? WILL I EVER SEE THESE DERN FIREWORKS???

bee

Original Poster
Last summer we watched Reflections of China(truthfully to take a break from the heat) but I’m so glad we did. I really enjoyed it!! The Jammitors are a lot of fun too!!
Yay for unexpected entertainment and attractions!

Those photos are BEAUTIFUL!! Did you take them on your phone?
Thank you! Yes, I have an iPhone 7 Plus and use that for all the photos in my TRs.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom