I just got a call from the "Disney Executive Offices" regarding the AC

AEfx

Dont forget that if you have multiple email addresses (i have 5)
send from them all
woot

If you really feel you must do that, make sure you write a different email for each address.

If you just copy/paste the same one and Disney's system gets the same email text from several addresses it will just be marked as spam and deleted anyway, and they will get none of your messages.

AEfx

Ragetti

What coerns me here isn't so much the AC itself (I'll miss it, but I'll live), it's the "generification" of the Disney experience.

Places like the AC make Disney unique. Adding more retail and dining space just makes it another place to sell you stuff, and charge you too much for food. Frankly, I can get that at my local high-dollar mall. I don't need to go to Orlando or Anaheim for that.

When I go for teh "Disney Experience" I expect something special. Somethin unique. And I don't mind payng top-dollar for it. But if it's the same old stuff I can get anywhere, why would I bother?

JeepGuy77

So what makes the new Downtown Disney that different from other malls around the country? Malls have restaurants and stores and movie theaters... PI/Downtown Disney went from a "Downtown" concept much like a city with entertainment and venues appealing to a diversity of people. I'm afraid that with all these new changes, locals are just going to go to the "mall" closer to them and visit places like CityWalk instead.

I also think that due to the lack of nightlife in the area, guests that tend to stay at the hotels along hotel plaza boulevard, may in fact stay closer to Universal since they can stay out late at venues over there.

I've actually heard from several friends from out of town and overseas saying that that PI including the rotating dance floor at Mannequins made Disney "cool" for single people.

PI has been a big part of my Disney experience. We would visit the Comedy Warehouse and Adventurer's as a family every year and now that I'm a Florida resident, spent many nights with friends at all the clubs. My friends and family always make PI a MUST. My parents in their 50's are extremely disappointed and angry they are removing one of their favorite places to visit.

Overall, I'm concerned that by closing PI, Disney will be neglecting the Cast Members that consider access to PI one of the Cast Member perks and part of the overall experience of being a Cast Member as well as locals that like to enjoy dancing etc with a group of friends at a venue that is safe to walk around and not fear crime as in other areas in town.

Just my two cents...

just another item to tip the scale in "reasons Disney is becoming boring"

disappointing... very disappointing and they wonder why Cast Member retention is a problem these days...

JCtheparrothead

Canned email about the AC

Here was my email back from WDW

Dear Mr. Parrothead,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World Resort.

We recognize that the closing of the Adventurer's Club will disappoint Guests who have come to enjoy the unique entertainment that has been offered over the years. With that in mind, please know a tremendous amount of thought went into the decision as we bring the new vision for Downtown Disney to life. As we look to the future, we are excited about the evolution that will occur over the next two years, introducing a brand new mix of shopping, dining and other experiences for our Guests'
enjoyment.

Our Guests' feedback, as well as their continued enthusiasm for our products and services, are very important to us. We genuinely appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts with us.

Sincerely,

Walt Disney World Resort

wdwfan100

Yeah, and they will be strongly, undeniably deleted if you try to intentionally do that, LOL.

Don't abuse the email and send more than your share. You do not need to send multiple emails to the same person, you will just make it easier for them to say "See, just the same bunch of people writing over and over" and dismiss everyone.

If you truly feel passionately, you need to write a REAL letter as well. Disney is pretty good about email, but it's common knowledge that any business values and tracks snail mail complaints much more diligently than they do emails. Someone who takes the time to write a letter, put it in an envelope, find the addy, put a stamp on it, etc. means 10x more than some irate fan who clicked on an email link, spouted off, and was done 30 seconds later.

AEfx

Point taken. Now if I can just find some stamps.:ROFLOL:

Thiger

Here was my email back from WDW

Dear Mr. Parrothead,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World Resort.

We recognize that the closing of the Adventurer's Club will disappoint Guests who have come to enjoy the unique entertainment that has been offered over the years. With that in mind, please know a tremendous amount of thought went into the decision as we bring the new vision for Downtown Disney to life. As we look to the future, we are excited about the evolution that will occur over the next two years, introducing a brand new mix of shopping, dining and other experiences for our Guests'
enjoyment.

Our Guests' feedback, as well as their continued enthusiasm for our products and services, are very important to us. We genuinely appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts with us.

Sincerely,

Walt Disney World Resort

LOL,

exactly the same quote I received for my emails...

CaptainJackNO

I love the adventurer's club and will miss it. However, I may be willing to trade it for a REDUCTION IN GIFT SHOPS in the theme parks? anyone???

CaptainMichael

disappointing... very disappointing and they wonder why Cast Member retention is a problem these days...

I'm a Campus Rep for the college program, and this just takes one more thing away that we had to market to both students and parents. Students want to party, and parents worry about safety (Disney provides transportation to the housing complex).

btw, I called and left a message for Mr. Lansberry tonight.

Elonwy

I'm so disapoointed with this news. I had some wonderful evenings at The Adventurer's Club. I always requested my favorite song from the Colonol, and I shall share it with you now (be warned I sing off key)

Dough - with which I buy my beer
Ray - The guy I buy beer from
Me - The one I buy beer for
Fa - a long way to the store
So - I'l have another beer
La - la la la la la BEER!
Tea - No thanks, I'll have a beer
and that brings us back to Dough!

I saw the two snail mail addresses and will be writing a letter to each. Does anyone have e-mail addresses they could post so we can hit them from all sides

Kungaloosh!!!!!

CaptainMichael

I'm so disapoointed with this news. I had some wonderful evenings at The Adventurer's Club. I always requested my favorite song from the Colonol, and I shall share it with you now (be warned I sing off key)

I saw the two snail mail addresses and will be writing a letter to each. Does anyone have e-mail addresses they could post so we can hit them from all sides

Kungaloosh!!!!!

I've actually never heard that one before. Thanks for sharing.

kungalooshforever.com has email and snailmail addresses for all the important people. I just finished my letters.

CaptainMichael

Am I the only one that will hate to see the Comedy Warehouse go more than AC? Have any of you ever seen CW?

Every time I went there, I couldn't wait to get out and go back to the Adventurers Club. It just wasn't for me; however, I did appreciate all of signs, objects, etc on the walls.

cblodg

What would Walt have wanted?

I keep coming back to this question when I think of the closing of the AC. I mean, this club wasn't just Disney, it was DISNEY.

Walt's immagination is what brought DisneyLand and Disney World to life. You can see this in the AC. The spirit of laughter and joy. This is truely a place where families could come and enjoy laughing together. Adults could get the suggested meanings, and the kids could laugh at the goofy costumes and hillarious mannerisms.

Outside of the parks, no other place could match this. I for one am deffinately saddened by this. and even more so because I didn't go on my last trip.

WhatJaneSays

Kungaloosh!!!!!

Heres a good email address that I've gotten a non-form reply from:
wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

westie

Here lies my problem. Being from CA everything at WDW closes down at midnight. Which is 9 o'clock to me. What to do? Head over to PI and hang out till it closes. Now what am I supposed to do? I don't do EMH because I've had my fill of the parks by then and my dogs are barking and, its too crowded. So I'm supposed to confine myself to the room for the remainder of the evening? Bad decision Disney. As an adult it ruins 50% of the trip by removing my nightlife. I think from this point on out I'll probably stick to DL and my own time zone. This just really kicks me in the craw.:mad:

WhatJaneSays

Has anyone else not gotten a form reply or call?

Here was my snail-mail letter:

During my latest day-trip to the Walt Disney World Resort I was advised that the remaining club like venues in Pleasure Island would be closing at the end of September this year. Though I’m not sad to see the area redesigned I am disheartened to see the Adventure’s Club shut down. Even amongst the varied and wonderful places throughout Walt Disney World the Adventure’s Club carried a different kind of magic. As much as I travel to Walt Disney World to capture the child-like wonder of the place, the adult I am needs her share of pixie dust as well.

The Adventure’s Club has become part of my home at the Walt Disney World Resort. To see a truly unique experience replaced with what will likely be a chain retail location or another huge corporate restaurant is a shame. I hope that perhaps the Adventure’s Club will live on elsewhere in the World.

orlando210

Hi there all, Maybe Joe is in mourning?? Anyhow could Mr Rohde be possibly contemplating a move to the Animal Kingdom for the AC? Belle

The A-club seems tailor-made for the DHS. I'm grateful my kids were old enough to go the past two years. We're all in kunga-morning!

As somebody stated earlier it was Disney to the core, albeit a little saltier and past 8 pm version - but certainly more implication and wink-and-a-nudge than today's over the top stuff elsewhere. :lookaroun :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom