I just got a call from the "Disney Executive Offices" regarding the AC

maggiegrace1

Even though I never go to PI or AC, I emailed them a letter today basically regarding AC.

It is something that many people love and enjoy and I have a good friend who fell in love with it and I know it means a lot to him.

Maybe these letters will not work but you never know..anything can happen.

Good Luck to all of you who love and support it..:)

CaptainMichael

Even though I never go to PI or AC, I emailed them a letter today basically regarding AC.

It is something that many people love and enjoy and I have a good friend who fell in love with it and I know it means a lot to him.

I'm sure your friend appreciates your efforts:wave:

maryszhi

i hope the ac and the comedy ware house will be spared. its not to late. if they have to, hope they move them to a hotel :)

mro415

:rolleyes::rolleyes:
At first I was thinking: Ac = Air Conditioning? How is AC unique to Disney? :veryconfu

But I realized I had to read the entire OP's post to the end until I found out what "AC" stood for.

HAHA ME TOO!!!!! i was like the air conditioning is broke ooooh no! :rolleyes:

wdwfan100

If anything, this is encouraging me to send more emails ( and enclose my phone number too). If we can keep the volume high enough, maybe they will have to give it some reconsideration.

wdwfan100

Thank you. Even though you don't have a stake in this, I for one do appreciate your support.:sohappy::sohappy:

ArnyVee

Over at my site, we've started to send out letters as well.

Hopefully we can raise the awareness of the 'higher ups' and ensure that our voice is heard. Even if they scrap the AC for now but have tentative plans to create a 'new' AC or something similar, this could push them to keep it in the plans. :D

Castle Cake Apologist

One would think they would've learned their lesson from the Journey Into Imagination fiasco...

We need to figure out a way to contact Joe... he can't be too happy about this, and he pulls QUITE a bit of weight around Imagineering.

epcotpalms

Everyone must write a letter to Guest Communications but also copy the executive team including Robert Iger and Al Weiss! AC & Mannequins should remain open! It would allow 1 dance offering and 1 adult entertainment offering other than dancing. Is that to much to ask? Honestly!

Here's the response I received.:

Thank you for contacting us at the Walt Disney World® Resort during The
Year of a Million Dreams!

Listening to your feedback is an important way that we sustain and
enhance the magic, and we thank you for taking the time to write to us.
We appreciate your comments and will make sure that they receive proper
attention.

A member of our Executive Correspondence Team looks forward to
responding to you in the near future.

Sincerely,

Executive Offices
Walt Disney World® Resort

carenyllie

This is the same reply I received from one of the suits. At least it was SOMETHING because none of the other suits has even bothered to send the standard canned reply.

I even went as far as emailing Steve Jobs. I also tried to guess Joe Rohde's email address (since the AC is his baby) but everything I tried bounced back.

5 real letters also went out on yesterday's mail.

If it all fails, at least we'll know that we tried.

How can we get their attention? Maybe send them 5 tons of cocoNUTS?

Hmmmmm....you bring up an interesting idea. How about we all send them a coconut a day every day until they decide to keep the AC open? Surely, that would have to get their attention!

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Ok, I'm lazy - I admit it whole-heartdly (sp?)

Does anyone have a 'form letter' about the AC closing that I can use/borrow/modify to send my letters? I'm passionate about the AC closing but I'm a HORRIBLE letter-writer.

LongtimeReader

I will definitely write my letter. I actually didn't like the AC all that much, but if this many people really love it then I'll do my part. This reminds me of the day Mr Toad closed... so many people loved it, when all I could think was "good riddance." But then I'm sure there are people who think American Adventure is a snore, and I find it brilliant, so I like to support everyone's happy places if I can!

awalkinthepark

Let's send the AC over to the AKL. I think that since most that loved AC just show up and sit in it all night they really aren't going to miss the lack of other clubs...it would also bring traffic to the AKL restaurants, shops, possibly make AKL a hotel of choice for a lot of people when they visit.

DVC Dave

I am a long time Disney Nut, and through all my trips i have never gone to any of the clubs there. They Just felt...too...Un-Disney. I for one am glad to see them leave. Maybe now there will be newer and better areas.

Lee

Adventurer
I am a long time Disney Nut, and through all my trips i have never gone to any of the clubs there. They Just felt...too...Un-Disney.

Right there is the flaw in your logic.
You've never been, so how do you know how they feel?
The Club was "Disney" to it's core.

We need to figure out a way to contact Joe...
That happened a week ago.:lookaroun
So far, he is choosing to keep quiet about the whole debacle.

wannabeBelle

Hi there all, Maybe Joe is in mourning?? Anyhow could Mr Rohde be possibly contemplating a move to the Animal Kingdom for the AC?? I could certainly see that being a venue where it would totally fit, go with the story line etc. I mean we didnt need two Rainforest Cafes on property did we? Belle

CaptainMichael

My thoughts exactly. It was the perfect example of how Disney could do something "adult" while still being something a family with older kids could enjoy. Every corner of the place was themed to the T, and the story never got old. Most importantly, the cast was brilliant, and Kirk always made you feel welcome when you entered the library.

:(

Maerj

Right there is the flaw in your logic.
You've never been, so how do you know how they feel?

That happened a week ago.:lookaroun
So far, he is choosing to keep quiet about the whole debacle.

It would still be cool if a bunch of us could contact Joe about this if for no other reason to let him know how many people really loved and appreciated the AC (Adventurer's Club.) Heck man, the AC actually inspired the Super Adventurer's Club on South Park!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom