I just got a call from the "Disney Executive Offices" regarding the AC

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
i hope the ac and the comedy ware house will be spared. its not to late. if they have to, hope they move them to a hotel :)
It would require a restructuring of on-site transportation*. There would be no way to get from the resort where you were staying to the resort where the "NEW" Adventurers Club is located.(especially late at night)

(*Perhaps this might be a good thing)

Thelazer

I have been told that Joe is okay with the club closeing. It had it's run and it was a good one.

It wouldn't do him any good to try to fight this. He's got much bigger things to work on and can't afford being the "bad guy".

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I have been told that Joe is okay with the club closeing. It had it's run and it was a good one.

It wouldn't do him any good to try to fight this. He's got much bigger things to work on and can't afford being the "bad guy".

OK... what do you know that you're not telling?

dpunky

Maybe they should move AC to Disney Hollywood Studios. That park can use something new. Since its not a working studio anymore, maybe they can put a bunch of clubs that can make a viable nightime hangout. Maybe they can ressurect the everyday new year's celebrations that PI used to hold on the West End Stage.

darthjohnny

I was reading Screamscape about how there Disney might beef up security in the remaining days of the club since they are afraid some of fans may take parts of the club with them.

SoccerMickey

How can we get their attention? Maybe send them 5 tons of cocoNUTS?[/quote]

I got it!! Egg rolls! Let's send Team Disney 2 dozen egg rolls with regards from The House of Wong!
Anyone in?

nibblesandbits

Right there is the flaw in your logic.
You've never been, so how do you know how they feel?
The Club was "Disney" to it's core.

That happened a week ago.:lookaroun
So far, he is choosing to keep quiet about the whole debacle.
Exactly...100%

The way I would describe it to people is it was such a Disney feeling place...it was pure entertainment...and I have a letter that is sitting next to me to mail and I plan on printing off a few more to send as well.

The cast of characters were spectacular, the theme of the club was top notch, and the improv and skits that were performed were unparallel.

It was really a uniquely Disney place...and for those who didn't think so, they must not have spent much, if any, time there.

hemloc

It still baffles me beyond belief that an area that was designed to be 'adults only' is now being closed for that same reason:shrug:....

I wonder if all the decor will be up on Ebay in October?? Because there are a few choice pieces I wanna get my hands on!!

WhatJaneSays

I was reading Screamscape about how there Disney might beef up security in the remaining days of the club since they are afraid some of fans may take parts of the club with them.

That's so funny!

When I told my Dad that AC was closing he actually asked me if I though he could jimmie one of the little masks off the wall with out anyone noticing.

At the very least I hope some bits make it to eBay. Could you fathom owning the Balderdash Cup? It would surely have a place of honor in my house.

I've actually written a letter to Disney and have encouraged my friends and family that love the AC to do the same. Or at least call and register a complaint.

Thiger

I think the trick is to keep sending letters.
I heard the reason they announced it on a friday is that they were hoping people would forget the news by monday.
I'm sure the majority of emails and such have come through and if they stop receiving them it'll look like its calmed down enough to mean that its ok.

Here's my letter sent, its not the greatest one I've written, but feel free to copy/adapt/revise in any way you feel fit...

Dear Disney Representative,

I understand the overhaul of Please Island as a means to cut costs and increase profits during this economic crunch but would it be possible to spare the Adventurers' Club?

I love the AC and visit almost every night of every vacation and feel
that its a part of the Disney Experience. It's remarkable that a nightclub could have so much 'Disney Magic' and always a wonderful experience for the patrons. I could easily see the AC generating more profits from an exciting shopping experience to adding a restaurant.

Those of us Adults who love to do things past 10pm while on our vacation at Disney World look forward to visiting the AC and its' unique experience. If any club can be spared, please keep the kungaloosh alive.

Thank you for your time,

wdwfan100

I think the trick is to keep sending letters.
I heard the reason they announced it on a friday is that they were hoping people would forget the news by monday.
I'm sure the majority of emails and such have come through and if they stop receiving them it'll look like its calmed down enough to mean that its ok.

Here's my letter sent, its not the greatest one I've written, but feel free to copy/adapt/revise in any way you feel fit...

Dear Disney Representative,

I understand the overhaul of Please Island as a means to cut costs and increase profits during this economic crunch but would it be possible to spare the Adventurers' Club?

I love the AC and visit almost every night of every vacation and feel
that its a part of the Disney Experience. It's remarkable that a nightclub could have so much 'Disney Magic' and always a wonderful experience for the patrons. I could easily see the AC generating more profits from an exciting shopping experience to adding a restaurant.

Those of us Adults who love to do things past 10pm while on our vacation at Disney World look forward to visiting the AC and its' unique experience. If any club can be spared, please keep the kungaloosh alive.

Thank you for your time,

I agree. If the executive teams gets their email boxes clogged with emails everyday then it might send a strong, undeniable message. I will be sending another round today.

AEfx

I agree. If the executive teams gets their email boxes clogged with emails everyday then it might send a strong, undeniable message. I will be sending another round today.

Yeah, and they will be strongly, undeniably deleted if you try to intentionally do that, LOL.

Don't abuse the email and send more than your share. You do not need to send multiple emails to the same person, you will just make it easier for them to say "See, just the same bunch of people writing over and over" and dismiss everyone.

If you truly feel passionately, you need to write a REAL letter as well. Disney is pretty good about email, but it's common knowledge that any business values and tracks snail mail complaints much more diligently than they do emails. Someone who takes the time to write a letter, put it in an envelope, find the addy, put a stamp on it, etc. means 10x more than some irate fan who clicked on an email link, spouted off, and was done 30 seconds later.

AEfx

nibblesandbits

Yeah, and they will be strongly, undeniably deleted if you try to intentionally do that, LOL.

Don't abuse the email and send more than your share. You do not need to send multiple emails to the same person, you will just make it easier for them to say "See, just the same bunch of people writing over and over" and dismiss everyone.

If you truly feel passionately, you need to write a REAL letter as well. Disney is pretty good about email, but it's common knowledge that any business values and tracks snail mail complaints much more diligently than they do emails. Someone who takes the time to write a letter, put it in an envelope, find the addy, put a stamp on it, etc. means 10x more than some irate fan who clicked on an email link, spouted off, and was done 30 seconds later.

AEfx
Which is exactly why I just sent snail mail letters instead of emailing. An email can easily be deleted...snail mail is harder to ignore.

WhatJaneSays

For all the would-be letter writes out there here are a two handy address:

General Address:
Walt Disney World Guest Relations
P.O. Box 10000
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Best chance of a responce (I send my letters here):
Walt Disney World Guest Communications
PO Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

Write those letters!

Sherrybaby

Does there seem to be an issue with a huge corporation like Disney realizing that returning guests are their bread and butter? I had been to WDW over 100 times before going to AC and my son and I absolutely fell in love with the characters and the theming.

Guess what, Disney? Repeat guests do not buy as much. I probably spent about $100 in souveniers this past trip and every year it seems to get lower and lower. I will not be visiting any new shops at the "old PI" but I would have been returning to AC.

And for those uninformed people who said that AC did not "ever" have a full house--I was there in early June and there was a line out the door of people waiting to get in. The "show room" was completely packed and standing room only. The waitresses were running crazy to get drinks to everyone.

I run a business myself and no one can tell me that AC is not profiting. I saw it with my own eyes.

And in addition, this was the most friendly place that we encountered on our week long trip. It's much better than the usual bland "What can I get for you?" counter service person or bartender/barmaid. I went to the bar at the 50's Prime Time and I wanted to smack that bartender into some sort of character. He was rude and unpersonable. Not to mention the service we got at Ragland Road was the 2nd worst next to Yak and Yeti (speaking of bar service).

This is a huge mistake. I'm sorry for those of you who have never been initiated into the AC. If you can make a trip and go before it closes I'd highly suggest it. I am pretty hard to please but I have to say that this place is just FANTASTIC!

Sherry
(Glad to have been initiated and Kungaloosh forever!!!)

westie

Here's mine. Sent to both adress' and emailed.-

Dear Disney, I would like to explain to you how overwhelmingly shocked and dismayed we are over your plans to close Pleasure Island and The Adventurers Club in particular. We travel to disney every other year and being from the west coast of the United States, we do not find anything to do after midnight, which is 9 p.m. west coast time! And we are certainly not tired then either. I suppose we are to be confined to our rooms for the remainder of the evening(s)? The Adventurers Club is disney in its purest sense. Its fun to the point of being addictive. It envokes crowd response and participation and, we find ouselves there every night. At this point I see no reason to forego 8 hours on a plane and another hour of cab rides just to be disappointed. We have heard a rumor that you plan on building a bowling alley there? I pray to God that it is only a rumor. Our family is extremely disappointed to the point that we've actually looked at Universal and Busch Gardens as we have never been there before.(nor had the desire) You need not respond as I'm sure this is only one of a million replies. I just hope you understand that this is a turning point for the both of us. We pray that in the future you are not left with another hole the size of the 7 Seas Lagoon and a big fence arround it. Sincerely, The West Family

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom