I have a bone to pick with a MVMCP "rule"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scooter

disney transportation is for all day guests at wdw I believe.

Quote from Birmbaum, Official Guide to Walt Disney World.

"Guests who wish to use the Disney Transportion may be ask for proof of riding privileges. Accepted ID's afford differant degrees of access. WDW resort ID cards, Magic Your Way tickets with Park Hopper options or Water Park Fun & More options, and Annual Passes let guests use all Disney busses, monorails and boats. Valid one day theme park tickets permit guests to use monorails and ferries running between the TTC and the Magic Kingdom but DO NOT allow the use of Busses."

GatorGambit

I think the CM was being a bit inflexible here. It's not like the restroom is an E ticket or anything (although maybe it is if you've been holding it all day...) :)

Also, I think the CM needs to go back and review the Keys. Safety (what if there was a medical / physiological issue) and Courtesy (use of the restroom after hours does not hurt anyone physically or financially, and it's the courteous thing to allow) trumps Efficiency (guest change over for a special event) and Show (two guests using the restroom and then leaving the park has no impact on the atmosphere of the event).

NadieMasK2

This doesn't seem like a "cheat" of the system to me. You are allowed to ride an attraction if you are in line at the time of park closing, no? So it would make sense that after getting through the line and riding you would still be in the park 10-15 minutes after park close. Unless a restroom is considered an attraction, I don't see the problem with providing these guests with some kind of bathroom access. Understandably they may clear certain areas first of non-party guests but they should have directed you to other facilities. And how could the OP have snuck into other rides? Wouldn't the CM's be checking for wristbands?

Coming from a frequent user of restroom facilities I would find this incredibly un-disney like and would have made my way to guest services, unless of course there were CM bouncers there too.

EPCOT Explorer

You were fully aware of the park hours and trying to take advantage of them.
When the park closes or switches to MVMCP Christmas hours, you should be out of the park. I don't see the problem here.
I'm sorry if castmembers didn't want you to use the bathrooms. It's their jobs to get you out of the park if you don't belong there.

People try to get away with a lot at Disney World. Not a day goes by where people don't pool hop or use Disney Transportation when they're not supposed to.

You abused the system and you got caught.
Are we, the ones who pay a hefty price for MVMCP and/or othere special Disney Events supposed to feel sorry for you?
Sorry..I don't think so

I'm not losing any sleep.
But maybe it's because I don't try and cheat the system.;)

Are you kidding? They had to use the facilities. Let them use it and then leave the park. It's not like they were trying to get onto a ride or anything.:rolleyes:

And what would have happened if it was a emergency? They would force you to walk half way around the park?:zipit: FOOLISH.

maelstrom

This reminds me of the time when my mother and I were finishing up our shopping in the Emporium and regular park hours became MVMCP hours, and a CM didn't want to let me through the store to find my mother and take our purchases up to the register.

WDWFigment

I'm not losing any sleep.
But maybe it's because I don't try and cheat the system.;)

Based on this post alone, I couldn't tell if you were being sarcastic, but in the context of the rest of your posts, I'll assume you meant this...

You really think trying to use the bathroom is cheating the system? Sure, they could have stopped going on attractions earlier to use to the restroom, but maybe they didn't have to "go" then? While I understand why the rules are in place, and why the CMs enforce them, come on, they just had to use the bathroom. No point in taking a holier than thou attitude, or analyzing using the bathroom in terms of "cheating the system". It's just using the bathroom.

EPCOT Explorer

This reminds me of the time when my mother and I were finishing up our shopping in the Emporium and regular park hours became MVMCP hours, and a CM didn't want to let me through the store to find my mother and take our purchases up to the register.

:lol: Disney turning down money on their generic Main Street Mall?:eek::lol:

WOW. That's a little much for me.:lol:

Hot4Hudgens

Original Poster
I wonder if they would would have objected had you wanted to purchase something at a gift shop? I would voice your concern to guest relations.

They did. We actually asked a CM who was standing outside of one of the shops on Main Street just to see if MK was infact on lockdown when it came to guests without wristbands - and like I said, I have no problem with that. Zero. Why charge extra admission for MVMCP when they're going to allow people like myself on the rides and in the shops? The event wouldn't be so exclusive to those paying extra if that were the case. It was just the fact that they were doing the same with the facilities that I thought was completely ridiculous. As far as going to Guest Relations, we just didn't find it necessary. It was our last park on our last night. We were looking to end it on a high note. Not by complaining.

Sorry, I agree with the CM. You were aware of when the park closed for the day and you were "trying to squeeze in as many rides as possible" and were already still in the park 15+ minutes after closing time. When closing time was approaching, you should have begun to move toward the exit and if using the restroom was such a priority, used it at that time instead of trying to squeeze in just one more ride.

We made it on to Space Mountain with about 10 minutes to spare before the MVMCP hours kicked in, so we were doing all our ''squeezing'' during the allotted time. With the wait time + the duration of the ride we made it out of SM not too long after 7pm. We didn't just barge in and out of the ride after hours and then demand to use the facilities. And like I stated above, it was our last night on property. We saw that we had time to spare before the park closed for us and we decided to hit one last spot. I don't see anything wrong with that.

It is amazing how many people try to stay all night hiding all over and even try to hide for special ticketed events. The CM was only making sure that this would not be the case. If only one person would have to go, in a party, I am sure the CM would let them but when it is all your party it looks suspisious.
Sorry but you said that you went from Haunted Mansion to Space Mountain to squeeze in all you could, you passed at least 3 restrooms on the way there and maybe you should have tried to squeeze in a bathroom break not when the park is closed!!!:hammer:

clarkstallings

Does anyone remember when the Kingdom would close at 6 PM for these hard ticket events to allow an hour buffer time between park close and getting day guests out and the start of the parties at 7 PM? It seems that if Disney still adhered to the old method, this problem could have been avoided.

Wilt Dasney

Does anyone remember when the Kingdom would close at 6 PM for these hard ticket events to allow an hour buffer time between park close and getting day guests out and the start of the parties at 7 PM? It seems that if Disney still adhered to the old method, this problem could have been avoided.
Hm. You seem to be suggesting a method of clearing a large, spread-out area of thousands of people that takes into account logic, courtesy and a basic understanding of human nature...as opposed to a cattle roundup that whips into action one second past close.

You do realize how ridiculous that sounds, right? :shrug:

Timmay

Nothing more to say is there - the parks shut.

Sure, but telling someone they can't use the restroom...please!!

There is a big difference in using the restroom and trying to get into shops or rides during a closed event. So may people want to jump down the throt of the OP, but the story would no doubt be different if they were the ones only wanting to use the restroom.

colliera

Private property as a public space

In effect statewide in Florida:

2000 INTERNATIONAL PLUMBING CODE

403.6 Customer facilities. Customers, patrons and visitors shall be provided with public toilet facilities in structures and tenant spaces intended for public utilization. Public toilet facilities shall be located not more than one story above or below the space required to be provided with public toilet facilities and the path of travel to such facilities shall not exceed a distance of 500 feet (152 m).

Unless the CM was directing you to an alternate within the 500 feet WDW is probably guilty of a misdemeanor.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Good then. You do make it seem like I just lurked in the shadows for hours after closing when I was out within a half hour of the start of the festivities. :lookaroun

Whatever the case is, I just don't think it's right for Disney to tell you if you can or can't use their bathrooms unless A) you're being unruly or B) the ENTIRE park is being/has been closed off for the evening.

In effect it has been. The park is only open to the paying guests not yesterday's guests nor guests that have a ticket for tomorrow.

the-reason14

Op, I think that the situation you were in and being denied like that was really stupid of the cm, I dont understand why she or disney would require her to do that. What if it was an emergency? Or yea, a little child or elderly adult? I mean, thats stupid. Im sorry, Im glad you handled it the way you did, but I probably would have turned it into something bigger. I mean, yes, you could have used the restroom before you hit SM, but then you could have missed that one last ride. And to the poster who said that the cm might have thought the op could try and sneek onto some more rides after him using the restroom, I dont think that would have been possible. Its not like she was the only cm over there, had she let them in, and then he had tried to ride SM again, Im sure there would have been a cm at the entrance to stop him.

And to the other poster who thinks he was trying to trespass or get away with not paying for the event, give me a break. How does using the restroom before leaving equal to trying to get over and be in the park for free that night. They have wristbands that you are required to have, and he wouldnt have been able to stay if he didnt have it. Like I said, op, Im sorry that it happened, and you handled it better than I would have. And yes, I think that was really stupid and shouldnt have happened.

There is a big difference in using the restroom and trying to get into shops or rides during a closed event. So may people want to jump down the throt of the OP, but the story would no doubt be different if they were the ones only wanting to use the restroom.
The point I made earlier was that they both tried to use the restrooms not just one of them. Makes it look like they would both try to hide and stay. They had enough time to ride Space Mountain but did not feel the need to go before but then both of them did. The CM was trying to do their job!!

STGRhost

They weren't told they can't use ANY restroom. They were told they couldn't use the one in an area of the park that was closed to day guests. Assuming they were on the way out (which they should have been), I don't see the problem in directing them to the restroom on Main St. which was still open (I am assuming that's the one the CM told the OP to use).

And, clearly, it was not an emergency, since the OP didn't say anything like that to the CM, and didn't bother to find out where the open RR was... They let it go, and I would guess the CM didn't think anything of it, and moved on to directing other guests (Like someone above mentioned).

Honestly, it's not a big deal either way, but it does seem odd to me that the OP didn't want to make a big deal out of it :
As far as going to Guest Relations, we just didn't find it necessary. It was our last park on our last night. We were looking to end it on a high note. Not by complaining.
but then posts about it here, where he had to realize that about half the following posts would be from rabid fanboys (and girls) and Disney apologists, who would tell them off and accuse them of stealing and cheating and such... :lol:

Hot4Hudgens

Original Poster
In effect it has been. The park is only open to the paying guests not yesterday's guests nor guests that have a ticket for tomorrow.

Ok, but what I meant by that was for good. For the rest of the day. Everyone must leave the property & no one gets in until regular operating hours resume the next day. Even when they're trying to clear the park is it too much to ask to use the restroom? Seriously?

I can't believe some people here who are saying "Well, you shouldn't be able to because you didn't pay an extra $60 for that right." Please. It's a privelege now? I wonder what you all (those who think I'm in the wrong) would do or say when you're in a similar situation. I highly doubt your reaction would be "Golly. I have to _____, but my window of opportunity came and went." How about "Sorry, little Johnny. Mickey says you can't make a doodie unless you have a plastic bracelet. Hold it until we make it back to our hotel, will ya?" :rolleyes:

Hot4Hudgens

Original Poster
Honestly, it's not a big deal either way, but it does seem odd to me that the OP didn't want to make a big deal out of it :

but then posts about it here, where he had to realize that about half the following posts would be from rabid fanboys (and girls) and Disney apologists, who would tell them off and accuse them of stealing and cheating and such... :lol:

Ok, so what would you have liked me to do rather than enjoy the rest of my night? Get angry about the fact that we were turned away at a restroom, march over to Guest Relations, and file a complaint. No, that's quite alright. Knowing our time was short to begin with we brushed it off and headed to Downtown Disney for the evening. Complaining wouldn't have resolved anything for us. So I came onto this board (which is something that I'm able to do at ANY time, by the way), shared something that annoyed me during my visit and that's that. Isn't that the point of a Disney message board to begin with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom