I got into a altercation @ F & G festival!!

StevenT

You should wear the shirts right up to the booth :lol: :lol: :lol:
That would be classic. Oh and get many many photos of it of course.

SirNim

Originally posted by mkt
i call the last shirt nimmy
Consider it reservèd... :)

I can only imagine their expressions if they were to see someone walking by with that shirt on! :lol: Though that would be a risky thing to do... :lookaroun :p

SirNim

Originally posted by StevenT
Risky... neh, they'd never see you again :D
and they'd have no way of knowing your name, and thus couldn't report you to Disney (Ha!) "Security"... :rolleyes: :lol: :p :wave: :sohappy:

What the heck! I'd love to see a photograph or video of them watching Rob walk by the stand wearing the shirt! That would be the Ultimate!!! *tears of laughter pour out of Nim's eyeballs*

StevenT

I think the t-shirt thing is a good idea. Nim, who did you sell those shirts to? Anybody near WDW besides MKT? And did you make one for yourself?

brich

Maybe we should all pitch in and buy a whole bunch of them, take them about 20 yards away, set them all out nice, photograph them, then return them. hehe.

huh huh, gosh I love this thread... :lol:

SirNim

Originally posted by StevenT
I think the t-shirt thing is a good idea. Nim, who did you sell those shirts to? Anybody near WDW besides MKT? And did you make one for yourself?
When Rob confirms his order, he'll be the only one near WDW with the shirt. Brent has a shirt reserved, but I'm waiting for him to contact me to finalize the order. And, Bryan (Number_6) bought one... :)
I have the master Photoshop file, so I theoretically could make one for myself, but in reality, I haven't made any yet - I haven't even printed them out yet.

nikechic

This thread had me ROTFLMAO.

If I were those vendors I would be ed of someone taking pictures of my product, too, if I could design it, build it, and stain in two hours. I could have come up with the design in my sleep.

Rob and Bwana Bob keep bugging those vendors. When are you going back to get more pictures. I hope it is soon.

boo52

patents weren't mentioned anywhere... just copyrights

Even so here is what the US Copyright office says about copyrights. Are they considering this artwork worthy of being at the Met???

"Copyright is a form of protection provided by the laws of the United States (title 17, U.S. Code) to the authors of “original works of authorship,” including literary, dramatic, musical, artistic, and certain other intellectual works."

These people seem to say they have all these things, copyrights patents wheatever, but they have no clue that the two mean different things. Which leads me to believe that this is just a bully tactic to deter people from trying to make them themselves. FOOLS!!! (Evil laugh ensues)

StevenT

I think that sums up the past 14 pages :lol: :lol:

If ANYBODY here thinks these people are not full of themselves, and may actually have copyrights, patents, etc. or even a right to demand you to not take pictures speak up now. :)

BwanaBob

FYI...

The girls are 5 & 3. Perfect 'gettin into stuff' age.

and SirNim, I'll take one too, please!

I'm only a short drive away.

ScrapIron

Yes they're full of it

But, for the record, the minute you create something, you own the copyright to it. If you take a photo, then you own the copyright for that photo. No one can use that photo without your consent.

Now you can give/sell that right to another party, or allow its use for a specific circumstance. Somewhere in the terms to use this forum, there is probably a clause saying that you are granting WDWMagic the use of your submissions. I got tired of looking for it, but here is the statement from another forum:

"MousePlanet shall be entitled to unrestricted use, including the ability to create derivative works, of the Comments for the full term of any of your rights that may exist in the Comments for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, throughout without compensation or royalty to you. This license is irrevocable."

So even though you own the copyright to anything you write, when you submit it, you are granting that right of its use to another party. I take real estate photos. When I take a photo, I own that image, and am granting its usage to the company I contract with.

There are restrictions on how photos can be used. For instance, having the pictures of those "lovely" people posted here is an editorial usage, and shouldn't be a problem. But if you were to print up shirts and SELL them without a model release, you could be opening yourself to trouble. Think of it this way. If a newspaper photographer takes a photo of you drinking a Pepsi on the beach, and it's printed in the evening edition, that's editorial, and fine. However, if Pepsi uses that photo in an ad, they need a signed model release.

Timekeeper holds the copyright to the photo he (if you're a he) posted May 24. If I wanted to use that in an ad, I would need his permission, plus the permission of the subject to use a photo of him commercially.

Patents are a whole different story.

diddy_mouse

i must say this is one of the most entertaining threads EVER! it does kind of suck that these stupid vendors had to start stuff at a great theme park, but gotta love the Disney Gestapo stepping in to regulate.

also, the French was a nice touch. :D

StevenT

We should all road trip to their main store and walk in with our cameras :D Maybe wearing Flower and Garden Festival 2004 t-shirts or even SirNim's Wanted shirt :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom