Trip Report I ESCAPED!!! (part 2) - The BIG 2-0!

Part 2 of 2
September 12, 2013 - The limbo before the next adventure.

When last I left y'all I had finished up the inaugural unOfficial WDWMagic Girls Dream cruise. Here's the link back to that report. (CLICK HERE)

Just a recap, I've been gone from home including my sons & my little furry girl since Saturday. :( But, hey! I'm rested! :facepalm:

I'm also pretty new to the whole shooting photos in raw format with my new camera and editing so heavily. I'm still developing my skills so if the photos you see here seem odd, it's just me still figuring this stuff out. Pardon my progress, please.

I was on the Disney Cruise Line transfer bus on my way with a couple of the other awesome gals from our cruise sitting on the other side of the aisle. Needless to say, it was a quick, easy ride back to Orlando.

We're here.

I have a knack for being the last stop on these bus transfers. Once the other gals hopped off at the Boardwalk Resort I had the bus all to myself. See? All by my lonesome.

Almost home for the next couple days.

Sorry about that pic. Bouncing along on a moving bus doesn't make photography easy. :rolleyes:

I'm here!

My bus driver was really an interesting guy. He told me he remembered when all the area around us was just sand. He used to drive the trucks that delivered the concrete to the construction site when Kidani was being built. Very cool!

LindsayLoves

This is instant gratification! I just finished reading your other report and BAM part 2 is already starting to go up. Part 1 was fab and I can't wait to read along with the rest of your adventure. FYI - My jealous meter is off the charts with that Dooney DCL backpack. So cute!

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
I kinda booked this entire portion of my escape in a weird order. Normally I would book a cruise then put the pieces together around it. Well, we were holding out for discount releases for the sailing we wanted so I did things backward. In retrospect, I must've been pretty confident in my discount prediction. We booked flights and hotel at least a month or more ahead of the cruise booking itself. I was just a weeeee bit stressed during that time. What if no discounts were offered???? We'd have just paid more. Duh. LOL!

So, we had a savanna studio at Kidani to look forward to for 2 nights. It was perfect for just the 2 of us to rest up for our next adventure. I rented points from another WDWMagic'er (thanks @EOD K9 !) and got a phenomenal deal, way better than even Disney's best discount rate for the time period. Works for me!

I had never been to Kidani before. We've stayed at AKL/Jambo before but never even seen Kidani. I really was taken with the beauty and details. It's very similar to Jambo House but somewhat different and a more intimate scale. I don't want to say "smaller" because that could be perceived a lesser amount. It's not lesser in terms of quality or attention to detail. It's just more intimate, like going home kinda.

Interesting.

This is the name of the small shop off the main lobby area.

As soon as I got to my room I checked everything out then started my laundry. Oh come on! It's been daaaaaays since I've done any laundry! I'm dying here! Instagram shot!

Yes, I just took a picture of my laundry. Studios don't have in-room washers & dryers but that's okay. There's a complimentary laundry room. That's a nice perk. A lot of my clothes had to be hung to dry (can't be fading or shrinking stuff) so I got creative. When I was finished hanging things up I stood back and thought "Wow. That kinda goes with the theming here. I've decorated!"

By the time I had everything squared away I had heard from Tammy (@Disneyfalcon ). She was checked-in at her resort and taking care of some emails. Yes, if you are her client she will even return your emails and take care of things when she can while she's traveling. Seriously, people. Get with the program. Best. Agent. Ever. I headed out to go meet her at her room then we'd shop the monorail resorts together. I could see clouds out on the horizon so I didn't want to chance a walk in the rain if I took buses. Plus, I was looking for fast transportation. Cab it is.

Out front of Kidani waiting for my taxi.

That looks familiar.

Over to Contemporary I went. I'm used to $20-ish cab fares including tip wherever I go on-property. Granted, it's been a few years since I've needed cabs on-property. Just thought I'd mention that Kidani to the Contemporary was roughly $25-$30 after tip. Little more than I anticipated but still, worthwhile for peace of mind and convenience.

Tammy was at the Contemporary for an agent conference thing. She had a Garden Wing room. Still, I thought it was awesome. Made me a little nostalgic for our Contemporary stays. We shopped the around the monorail resorts which was fun. Guess what I went back for???

That's the end of pics for the day. No clue why I did that but whatever.

Returned to Kidani to dress for dinner tonight. Another $25-$30 taxi.

Dressed in a cute dress & inappropriate shoes :)p). Took another $25-$30 taxi back to the Contemporary.

Met @Billy6 & his gorgeous wife who were sitting & chatting with Tammy near the Outer Rim Lounge. That was so cool to meet Billy & Heather. They're really very sweet. Heather is a very good sport for indulging Billy & his internet friends. I know that seems weird to other people. I try to keep that in mind.

We headed to the 2nd floor check-in area for our California Grill time. Joanna, Jess, Siobhan, and Courtney all met up with us for dinner. Still totally can't believe I have no pictures of this. I know at least Tammy will. Joanna, too.

Dinner was lovely. Perhaps the service a little slow. Courtney and I both were a little o_O at the fact I had to remind our server she had forgotten to bring me the beer I ordered. They have quite an extensive list! Forget what I had for dinner. I think I was most impressed with dessert. We did see Wishes from our table. It was fun. Not sure I'd want to spend all that for a meal again but it was decent. I think I might've been more impressed if our service was more prompt. Lots of dead time. I guess maybe they think everyone is there for Wishes so drag it out. I don't know. The checks seemed to take foooooreeeeeeever but then that could easily have been exagerated in my mind because now that my tummy was full I was just dying to go to bed. I'm so pitiful. :oops:

Courtney was a doll and shared a taxi back to our resorts. She got dropped at Coronado Springs then I continued on to Kidani. I wasn't out the full amount on the taxi this time but it was still at least $20 or so for me. I can't believe I spent so much on taxis today! Just over $100 for the day. Eeeek! I need to stop being such a particular little princess, huh?

I showered & got in my jammies when I got back. Sorted some of my luggage. Tracey was a bit delayed getting off the ground in Houston so he was a little late getting in. I must have decided to rest my eyes for a few minutes. I jumped from a dead sleep to my feet thinking I had missed him telling me he had arrived. I looked at my phone and he had already sent a text saying he was on-property. I literally ran, still half asleep, out the front doors of the lobby and sat. I bet my butt didn't even have time to warm my seat when the DME bus pulled up with Tracey. Wow! That was close!

Tracey looked around the room only briefly before he jumped in the shower. I'd say from the time he walked off the bus to us curled up going straight to sleep was 1/2 hour max. It had been a long day but finally I wasn't alone anymore. It was a feeling like no other. Such relief. :inlove:

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
This is instant gratification! I just finished reading your other report and BAM part 2 is already starting to go up. Part 1 was fab and I can't wait to read along with the rest of your adventure. FYI - My jealous meter is off the charts with that Dooney DCL backpack. So cute!

I know! I can't believe how quick this is going! I don't want the momentum to stop!

My DCL backpack was one of my anniversary presents last year. If they'd only had some new prints this year...sheesh!

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
September 13, 2013 - Just kickin' around and catchin' up.

We had talked about all sorts of possibilities for today. MNSSHP? Typhoon Lagoon? Go to the Villian's Unleashed event? Ultimately, we decided to kick around our own little resort and relax.

First order of business was breakfast. This is where Kidani truly is lacking. There is nowhere here that serves a breakfast. You have to go over to Jambo House for that. We figured we'd go see if we could remember our way to Mara (quick service). We took the little shuttle van over which was kinda nice. It's only like a 3 minute drive. Once we were in the lobby Tracey wondered if Boma could get us in. It was 9:30 so all the early park goers were prob'ly long gone. We casually made our way down to Boma to check, figured we'd go out that side door to Mara if it was a no-go. Thankfully, Boma could take us. Cool!

Been a little while since we were here. I forgot how immersive the entire place is.

While we waited another couple walked up to the podium. I kid you not, the guy was a spitting image of Spiccoli from Fast Times at Ridgemont High. He was even wearing tattered cutoff knee-length shorts, a faded tshirt, and flip flops. Looked JUST like him! We were totally geeking out! Then, he talked! At first I didn't place the accent but it was a somewhat nasal-y voice that sounded juuuuust like Spiccoli! Not kidding! Tracey was poking me and freaking out wanting me to take a picture of the guy but I didn't want to make it obvious. I was scrambling for something to photograph that would incorporate the guy somehow but then our pager went off. Ugh! Miss!

Sat down and got our food. I loooooove the goat cheese scrambled eggs and potatoes. So flippin' awesome. I also got the bananas foster bread pudding, I think it was.

Then, Spiccoli and his female companion were seated right behind us. I was dying. Tracey kept making faces at me and telling me to get a picture. Again, I was scrambling for a way to play a picture off. I just couldn't come up with anything. Ugh! I listened to him speak some more. I would describe the accent as Australian surfer dude. Serious. It was sooooo crazy cool! We ate breakfast next to Spiccoli, man!

Gotta say, at just $18 a person I don't feel like the breakfast buffet at Boma is a bad value. Obviously I'm willing to pay it to score some POG juice & goat cheese scrambles. I was surprised the price was still so low. Oh geez, maybe I shouldn't say that out loud. :banghead:

More pics on the way back up to the lobby level. I forget the name of the lounge. Victoria Falls? Something like that, I think?

I noticed this little display somewhere within the lobby. It wasn't in the shop. I was a bit confused why they were hocking gold watches in the lobby until I looked a little closer. LOL!

We returned to Kidani. We decided to wash up what little bit of laundry we had currently (like 2 outfits + jammies, total) and get a box to ship the extra stuff I didn't need anymore back home so we didn't have to schlep so much for the rest of the trip. On our walks up & down the corridor I noticed this little lizard outside just chillin'.

Box o' stuff to send home. I got the box by asking for one in the Johari Market. This one was quite sturdy.

Once filled we brought it to the hotel concierge desk in the lobby. There we taped it up and shipped it via UPS Ground. Cost was like $16. Not bad at all.

Finished up the laundry then wandered the resort some more. Passed another of the outside windows down a corridor and saw this unfortunate fellow. I could say he was chillin', too, but in a very different way.

Of course Tracey was totally making fun of me for taking a picture of a departed frog. Hey. Circle of life. Document it. LOL!

We checked out an overlook area off the lobby. We enjoy watching the animals. Some find this boring but you're talking about a couple who, at 19 & 21 yrs old, totally loved watching animal documentaries on tv together for hours on end.

An ankole cow butt.

Oh. There's more out there.

And big bird things.

Other hoof things out there further under the trees.

We watched the other ankoles come towards the first one for several minutes. It was funny because they all came as far as this shaded spot and stopped. Then 1 decided it had to leave the shade to get the food.

Ahhhh...reward....

Another decides it's worth leaving the shade.

That one was smart and found some nibbles in another shade spot. Looks like just 1 holdout left. You could see that last ankole cow really mulling it's options as it stood in the shade.

Eventually it gave up the shade and joined the others.

We really enjoy watching the animals and sorta giving them voices in pretend conversations we make up for them. It's fun!

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
I spy Cruise Minnie!!! I so wish I could've joined you all at Cali Grill that night! And I would agree with your assessment of Kidani - I love the AKL resorts.

Yes you did! She's so precious to me! More plushies for me to attach to. I have quite a lot of them stored away. ;)

The AKL resorts are awesome. They take a bashing for their removed locations but I think that's an asset. Yes, I can even say that after spending more for my taxi rides. The resorts are removed from the rest of WDW, true, but that makes them that much more destinations unto themselves. I could easily spend a long weekend at either of the AKL resorts and never leave. They offer so much.

Ariel484

Gotta say, at just $18 a person I don't feel like the breakfast buffet at Boma is a bad value. Obviously I'm willing to pay it to score some POG juice & goat cheese scrambles. I was surprised the price was still so low. Oh geez, maybe I shouldn't say that out loud. :banghead:
When I saw the above picture I was like "...is that what I think it is, in the glass??? IT IS!! POG juice!!" :inlove:

I'm glad to read a good review of Boma breakfast because we have an ADR for it in December or January (forget which one). We're REALLY not fans of Boma for dinner so this is kind of a risky one for us.

Totally agree with your sentiments on Kidani. The first time I walked into the lobby I was really quite shocked at the size after being so used to Jambo! Love you Mickey PJ shorts hanging in the breeze...I have those too. :D

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
Back inside I spotted this carving display. Kinda fitting considering our nautical adventures yet interpretted nicely for our current surroundings.

We found our way out to the pool area. Samwatti Springs? Not exactly sure why I didn't take pictures out here. There's a nice fitness center, a hot tub, a great pool w/a zero entry and slide, and a really neat kids water play area. All very well themed. There were lots of people out here, tho, which is prob'ly why I didn't take a bunch of pictures. Don't wanna be a creepster snapping up pics of everyone in their skivvies. I was still in "nice mode" from the girls cruise, I guess. LOL!

We also found the pool bar.

Yes sir!

Instagram shot!

The layout was unfamiliar to us. As we made our way back towards the building (and a/c) we found ourselves in the parking area under the hotel building. Tracey was in his element here. Pipes and fittings. He pointed out what all sorts of things were. Different pipe grades, what the pipes were, the fittings, some valves, etc. So, this is what funds the fun, people.

Back to our room we saw our ankole cattle friends had made their way over towards our balcony.

I wish I'd gotten better pics of it but the one solid brown guy by the tree, center picture but a little further back was really a smarty. He used his horn to poke up into the hanging feeder that was stuffed with foliage for the giraffes. He'd poke his horn up into the feeder and make all the stuff come falling out of the top onto the ground. Then he munched away. Smart guy!

We took a short nap then dressed for dinner. Tammy came over this evening to meet us so we could take her to dinner at Sanaa. None of us had ever eaten here before.

Little waiting area for Sanaa, I think this is.

Why I fail so miserably at pictures I'll never know. I didn't even take a picture of us with Tammy for dinner. Dang. Didn't take a picture of my food, their food, nothing. I had the pork sliders from the appetizer menu as my entre and enjoyed them. Both Tammy & Tracey had the meet in gravy or whatever with rice. I guess they enjoyed it although the spicy one was super crazy spicy. I did, however, take a pic of the dessert. This was some dense chocolate thing that was absolutely delicious. This is the thing that made the meal for me...aside from the awesome company of course. LOL!

And again, for whatever reason that's the end of pictures for today. After dinner Tammy left to go attend the Villian's Unleashed event. We finished repacking our suitcases, got our carryons ready, and turned-in fairly early for the early morning tomorrow. I guess I come by my fuddy-duddy ways honest. I'm not the only one. LOL!

Last edited:

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
When I saw the above picture I was like "...is that what I think it is, in the glass??? IT IS!! POG juice!!" :inlove:

I'm glad to read a good review of Boma breakfast because we have an ADR for it in December or January (forget which one). We're REALLY not fans of Boma for dinner so this is kind of a risky one for us.

Totally agree with your sentiments on Kidani. The first time I walked into the lobby I was really quite shocked at the size after being so used to Jambo! Love you Mickey PJ shorts hanging in the breeze...I have those too. :D

Yep, it's POG juice!

I'm not a huge fan of Boma dinner either. I didn't get into it like so many others do. I'm not real big on whatever spiced flavors are used so frequently in the dishes. ((Seriously. If anything is called "spice" I typically hate it. Pumpkin Spice everything that everyone goes so wild for in the fall? Can't stand it.)) That's prob'ly why I wasn't overly wow'd with Sanaa's menu either. The dessert was the killer for me, tho. That said, the breakfast is really good and not insanely overpriced. Yet. It's funny how you can go to a restaurant for different meal times and find one lacking while other is great. I'm like this about a lot of restaurants.

My hanging shorts! Those are a pair of my Lilly's. I had to go back and look because I had a pair of Mickey pj shorts with me but didn't think I had hung them to dry. I was gonna have such a proud moment because I only paid like $4 for my Mickey pj shorts on eBay. LOL!

Last edited:

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
September 14, 2013 - It's like dejavu for some reason...

For those not familiar, we sailed on the Fantasy Western itinerary at the end of May just this year. I got sick with some terrible cooties the day we set sail. We also had some pretty rainy days that killed a couple ports so overall I felt like there was a lot I didn't get to do that I wanted to. That was the driving force in wanting to do the same itinerary on the same ship again so soon. There was just too much left on the table that I felt like I missed. Do-over!

We got up somewhat early so we could be dressed & ready to go by 8:30. Even though the DCL transfer buses weren't scheduled to leave until like 11:30, bell services comes to your room to collect your checked luggage at 8:30. We contemplated whether to schlep our own to the bus which we could've easily done but we've never used DCL's transfers from the resorts so we could get the full experience. So, bell services collected our luggage and we were completely ready to leave our room by 9:00. What now? Breakfast!

We left our 2 carryons behind thinking we didn't want to carry them to breakfast and went out the front door of Kidani. There was a LOT of people waiting for the van transfer to Jambo House. No way we'd be making it on the next van so we decided to hoof-it. At least then we'd know how far it is, right?

The walkway to Jambo is pretty nice, actually.

Along the way we noticed the side of Kidani we seemed to be following was where our room was. This walk could've been waaaaaay shorter. We stopped at a walkway that led back to the Kidani building and decided instead of returning for our carryons then having to go back to Jambo again to catch the cruise transfer we'd just go get them right now and not return. Seemed like the logical thing. So we made a big circle and returned to our room for the carryons.

On our way back out I was so impressed with our craftiness. We're such geniuses to think up these little awesome solutions to save our backs. Our backpack was actually stuffed full of two 1.75 liter bottles of liquor. :cool: In case you're wondering, the little suitcase had a case of Dasani in it that we purchased at the Johari Market.

The walk from the side entrance/exit of Kidani over to front door of Jambo was 5 minutes max. That's good info, folks. Don't wait for the van unless it's raining. You can avoid the heat by staying inside the Kidani building a/c down the Zazu trail to a side entrance. You're welcome. :inlove:

Tracey checked our carryons with bell services while we went to breakfast. I looked around.

Back to Boma to try our luck again.

Score! We were seated in the same section we were in yesterday, too!

No food pics. I ate the same thing I had yesterday.

After breakfast we wandered a bit.

And went in the marketplace to browse. I really like this shirt!

Last edited:

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
Even though we had like an hour until it was time to check-in for the cruise transfer we decided to go fetch our bags and make ourselves comfortable in the designated waiting location. That location would be here:

This is not the Fantasy. This is the Magic, my family's favorite of the 3 Disney ships we've sailed. Yep, you read that right. Our favorite is the oldest ship in the fleet. :inlove::inlove::inlove:

It's a good thing we went and sat down when we did. As soon as our butts hit our chosen chairs we got a call from our 17 yro son, Chandler, from home. "Mom, where's the number for the pest control people? There's something screaming in the attic." O.M.G. Hubby called the pest control company while I contacted my mother-in-law to ask her to go over to the house. While still on the phone I got a text from the guys who are renting our old house saying the a/c quit working. :eek: :banghead: Then I busied myself contacting the home warranty people to get them to place the service request. I also called the contractor assigned to service the a/c to see if I could set up for them to take a credit card from me. Nope. Thank God our renters are so awesome. They agreed to cover the service fee then split it with us off the next month's rent. Ugh. It was such a cluster of stuff that popped up all at once. Thankfully, it all happened before we were out of the country. Geez! Soooo, that was our hour before transfer time. Sheesh!

I tried to catch the marquee with "Disney Fantasy" but all I got was "Disney Fan". Still applies.

Almost there! I tried to capture the line of Disney buses all in a row but all you see is the one up on the overpass. There was actually 2 in front of us, 1 behind us, then the 1 you see on the overpass.

I like this. It's like the ship is parked in a really big parking spot in the lot.

We'd never seen the check-in lines in the terminal so long! With all those buses arriving at once (around 12:45) both the first timers and Castaway Club check-in lines were filled completely. Cast members directed people to both lines regardless of status. Just jam 'em in there, boys. Didn't take a picture. This line was like 15-20 minutes wait. As soon as we finished check-in we headed thru the big Mickey to board. The line for the embarkation pic was kinda long. We bypassed and boarded.

We went straight to Cabanas, very quick lunch, then straight to our stateroom. I like not boarding early because you don't have to really wait to go to the staterooms (they aren't ready until 1:30). I I don't like boarding later because of the long waits in the terminal. But, when you think about it, if you arrive at the port early to board early you still have to wait around for boarding groups, etc. so it's kinda a wash. Well, except when you board early you get more time on the ship on embarkation day.

Nothing really remarkable for the afternoon. Not entirely sure what all we did. Oh! We cancelled Remy and reserved Palo for our anniversary night dinner. ;) We also unpacked and did the muster drill.

Tracey got his first ice cream of the cruise. Anytime we pass the ice cream he will always get one.

As soon as I took that pic he asked, "Why did you just take that picture?" My reply? "Why did you just stand there and let me take that picture?" Ever see the movie "Friends With Benefits"? Our sons say the way they go back and forth constantly is EXACTLY what it's like to be around us. I'm taking that as a compliment. At least we're never dull. :inlove:

Sailaway, again, was delayed for some reason. It's hot outside but Tracey insists we are "up top" by the rail for sailaway. I took pics to entertain myself.

The terminal.

Thank goodness it was cloudy. I like the way the sunlight plays with the clouds.

It's hot over there, too.

Never too many funnel pics.

Dream girls! Remember where we sat with the banner for the sailaway pic? I'll refresh your memories:

17938BBE-6812-4940-B7F4-C28B3741EDB8-5812-00000305880C35F0_zpsd2dc8521.jpg

This is the same location on the Dream's sister ship. It's a little different, huh?

In case you ever wondered what address to use for your GPS to get to the terminal:

Rain over there. You can also see that we're still tied to the pier. Dangit.

Eventually we slowly got under way.

Our boys watched the live webcam to see us sail away. Tracey is looking down at his phone watching the webcam, too. Our 15 yro, Brian, texted me the picture then I Instagram'd it.

Billy6

I kinda booked this entire portion of my escape in a weird order. Normally I would book a cruise then put the pieces together around it. Well, we were holding out for discount releases for the sailing we wanted so I did things backward. In retrospect, I must've been pretty confident in my discount prediction. We booked flights and hotel at least a month or more ahead of the cruise booking itself. I was just a weeeee bit stressed during that time. What if no discounts were offered???? We'd have just paid more. Duh. LOL!

So, we had a savanna studio at Kidani to look forward to for 2 nights. It was perfect for just the 2 of us to rest up for our next adventure. I rented points from another WDWMagic'er (thanks @EOD K9 !) and got a phenomenal deal, way better than even Disney's best discount rate for the time period. Works for me!

I had never been to Kidani before. We've stayed at AKL/Jambo before but never even seen Kidani. I really was taken with the beauty and details. It's very similar to Jambo House but somewhat different and a more intimate scale. I don't want to say "smaller" because that could be perceived a lesser amount. It's not lesser in terms of quality or attention to detail. It's just more intimate, like going home kinda.

Interesting.

This is the name of the small shop off the main lobby area.

As soon as I got to my room I checked everything out then started my laundry. Oh come on! It's been daaaaaays since I've done any laundry! I'm dying here! Instagram shot!

Yes, I just took a picture of my laundry. Studios don't have in-room washers & dryers but that's okay. There's a complimentary laundry room. That's a nice perk. A lot of my clothes had to be hung to dry (can't be fading or shrinking stuff) so I got creative. When I was finished hanging things up I stood back and thought "Wow. That kinda goes with the theming here. I've decorated!"

By the time I had everything squared away I had heard from Tammy (@Disneyfalcon ). She was checked-in at her resort and taking care of some emails. Yes, if you are her client she will even return your emails and take care of things when she can while she's traveling. Seriously, people. Get with the program. Best. Agent. Ever. I headed out to go meet her at her room then we'd shop the monorail resorts together. I could see clouds out on the horizon so I didn't want to chance a walk in the rain if I took buses. Plus, I was looking for fast transportation. Cab it is.

Out front of Kidani waiting for my taxi.

That looks familiar.

Over to Contemporary I went. I'm used to $20-ish cab fares including tip wherever I go on-property. Granted, it's been a few years since I've needed cabs on-property. Just thought I'd mention that Kidani to the Contemporary was roughly $25-$30 after tip. Little more than I anticipated but still, worthwhile for peace of mind and convenience.

Tammy was at the Contemporary for an agent conference thing. She had a Garden Wing room. Still, I thought it was awesome. Made me a little nostalgic for our Contemporary stays. We shopped the around the monorail resorts which was fun. Guess what I went back for???

That's the end of pics for the day. No clue why I did that but whatever.

Returned to Kidani to dress for dinner tonight. Another $25-$30 taxi.

Dressed in a cute dress & inappropriate shoes :)p). Took another $25-$30 taxi back to the Contemporary.

Met @Billy6 & his gorgeous wife who were sitting & chatting with Tammy near the Outer Rim Lounge. That was so cool to meet Billy & Heather. They're really very sweet. Heather is a very good sport for indulging Billy & his internet friends. I know that seems weird to other people. I try to keep that in mind.

We headed to the 2nd floor check-in area for our California Grill time. Joanna, Jess, Siobhan, and Courtney all met up with us for dinner. Still totally can't believe I have no pictures of this. I know at least Tammy will. Joanna, too.

Dinner was lovely. Perhaps the service a little slow. Courtney and I both were a little o_O at the fact I had to remind our server she had forgotten to bring me the beer I ordered. They have quite an extensive list! Forget what I had for dinner. I think I was most impressed with dessert. We did see Wishes from our table. It was fun. Not sure I'd want to spend all that for a meal again but it was decent. I think I might've been more impressed if our service was more prompt. Lots of dead time. I guess maybe they think everyone is there for Wishes so drag it out. I don't know. The checks seemed to take foooooreeeeeeever but then that could easily have been exagerated in my mind because now that my tummy was full I was just dying to go to bed. I'm so pitiful. :oops:

Courtney was a doll and shared a taxi back to our resorts. She got dropped at Coronado Springs then I continued on to Kidani. I wasn't out the full amount on the taxi this time but it was still at least $20 or so for me. I can't believe I spent so much on taxis today! Just over $100 for the day. Eeeek! I need to stop being such a particular little princess, huh?

I showered & got in my jammies when I got back. Sorted some of my luggage. Tracey was a bit delayed getting off the ground in Houston so he was a little late getting in. I must have decided to rest my eyes for a few minutes. I jumped from a dead sleep to my feet thinking I had missed him telling me he had arrived. I looked at my phone and he had already sent a text saying he was on-property. I literally ran, still half asleep, out the front doors of the lobby and sat. I bet my butt didn't even have time to warm my seat when the DME bus pulled up with Tracey. Wow! That was close!

Tracey looked around the room only briefly before he jumped in the shower. I'd say from the time he walked off the bus to us curled up going straight to sleep was 1/2 hour max. It had been a long day but finally I wasn't alone anymore. It was a feeling like no other. Such relief. :inlove:

It was awesome meeting you and Tammy as well! We could have talked for days!
Heather was cool wit it.. You two aren't just any Internet friends, Tammy was our honeymoon travel agent and you were supposed to cruise with us on that honeymoon... So it's all good!
We met Tammy and some more of the WDWM crew at DHS the next night and rode Star Tours together..you saw the pic!

Glad you enjoyed Kidani. It's our family's DVC home and we love it!

Last edited:

tiaragirl

Love your marathon of TRs! Looking forward to a trip with your loveee (he is the sweetest) and your story about the shoes, because "you'll see" means there's a story (though it seems like you didn't wear any at all, in which case I'm hesitant to know the story, maybe?).

Hehhe lovelove - keep 'er going! My parents, g-parents, and a group of fam friends are headed out on this cruise in November. Dad's 55th bday, and Grampie's 80th! Out cute little Disney fam spans the generations.. now I just have to get Andrew on board!

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
It was awesome meeting you and Tammy as well! We could have talked for days!
Heather was cool wit it.. You two aren't just any Internet friends, Tammy was our honeymoon travel agent and you were supposed to cruise with us on that honeymoon... So it's all good!
We met Tammy and some more of the WDWM crew at DHS the next night and rode Star Tours together..you saw the pic!

Glad you enjoyed Kidani. It's our family's DVC home and we love it!

Thanks, Billy!

BTW, still not the most impressed with the Keratin thing. I should get with Heather to see if there's anything else out there besides Brazilian Blowout. I so don't want to go back to that one but the difference, for me, has been night & day. :(

Loved the group Star Tours pic!

Kidani is a fabulous resort. Seriously. Tracey & I dismissed DVC years ago not wishing to be tied into another payment (annually) for the dues for so long. Kidani has made us revisit the notion. Well, plus one of our friends showed us how he gets his points covered every year so he rarely if ever has to pay them OOP. :cool:

Love your marathon of TRs! Looking forward to a trip with your loveee (he is the sweetest) and your story about the shoes, because "you'll see" means there's a story (though it seems like you didn't wear any at all, in which case I'm hesitant to know the story, maybe?).

Hehhe lovelove - keep 'er going! My parents, g-parents, and a group of fam friends are headed out on this cruise in November. Dad's 55th bday, and Grampie's 80th! Out cute little Disney fam spans the generations.. now I just have to get Andrew on board!

Thanks, Kenzie! I still need to reply to our little convo! I started to last Sunday but Tracey was off work and in a goofy mood. He kept poking me and giggling until I put down the MacBook and gave him attention. Like a kid sometimes. Sheesh!

I dunno if the lack of shoes commands so much a story as it reflects a relaxation level. Sometimes you just don't feel like even bothering with footwear.

That's adorable that Dadder is spending his 55th & Grampie his 80th cruising! I love that! I'd be spending my 40th somewhere awesome if my stupid birthday didn't fall at a really bad time of year for travel (June). There's got to be a way to get Andrew bit by the Disney bug. The golf seemed liked a good start. Maybe a little alone time with his girly-girl seeing the love thru your eyes. Then again, might not happen until y'all have some babies. No hurry, tho!

No photo editing for today, I don't think. Gotta clear outta the house for the afternoon so the cleaning gal can come do her thing. Gonna drag Brian kicking & screaming thru shoe-shopping. :devilish:

tiaragirl

Thanks, Kenzie! I still need to reply to our little convo! I started to last Sunday but Tracey was off work and in a goofy mood. He kept poking me and giggling until I put down the MacBook and gave him attention. Like a kid sometimes. Sheesh!

I dunno if the lack of shoes commands so much a story as it reflects a relaxation level. Sometimes you just don't feel like even bothering with footwear.

That's adorable that Dadder is spending his 55th & Grampie his 80th cruising! I love that! I'd be spending my 40th somewhere awesome if my stupid birthday didn't fall at a really bad time of year for travel (June). There's got to be a way to get Andrew bit by the Disney bug. The golf seemed liked a good start. Maybe a little alone time with his girly-girl seeing the love thru your eyes. Then again, might not happen until y'all have some babies. No hurry, tho!

No photo editing for today, I don't think. Gotta clear outta the house for the afternoon so the cleaning gal can come do her thing. Gonna drag Brian kicking & screaming thru shoe-shopping. :devilish:

I was going to say - no love for my story? Come on now!

The best ones always need the most attention. Andrew jsut texted me whining about the lack of head scratches. I'm 6 000 miles away, Babe.. not quite sure how you want me to give you a head scratch. Probably something you shoulda thought about before you proposed to someone who is in ASIA for another 10 weeks.

I love that I just call my father "Dadder" and everyone on here just follows suit. I'm not even sure how it started, but now he signs emails (and sometimes texts... because he's old..) like that and it's my favourite. Ohhhhh Dadder! He and Mom are spending a week on the Fantasy, but on his ACTUAL birthday he scored a tee time on TPC Sawgrass - best of both worlds!

Andrew and I were actually talking about peaceing out for a Disney wedding, and he mentioend golfing with the "dadders" as a "bonding" activity pre-wedding. I'm like, YEP. WHATEVER YOU WANT. Anything to get me out of this crazy planning.. I'm not even home and I'm a ball of stress! Disney, work your magic.. He had a great trip when he was 14, but realistically when guys go on their first Disney trip when they're 14, it's not a great benchmark. It's right in the "I'm too cool for this" stage.. in my experience, anyway.

Which will be something I remmeber when I have my babies. After I'm finished my education which will take 109 more years. Well, that's what it feels like.. :( :(

You shoudl come here to do shoe shopping - very cheap and "for you, friend.. good price. Good price. Best price! Friend!?! Friend!!" - this is how I shop now. This is how I plan on getting my wedding shoes. #chinaprobs

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom