Hyperion Wharf Begins

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
And once again I ask, they don't have liquor or night clubs where you live?

Yeah they do. And I have a job, which tends to occupy most of my time. Going on vacation is an escape from the grind. An opportunity to get out and have a good time. I am not sure what kind of point you are trying to make. I think you are just being argumentative for the sake of it.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I think you might want to refer to the artist concept drawings. I wouldn't believe the latest spin about DTD being the new Flamingo Crossing.

I was responding to the idea that there are herds of convention going guests that were showering PI with $100 bills until Disney closed the clubs. Some spirit is evidently posting from the Twilight Zone if he actually believes that.

And you mentioned several places for people to go for a night out. HW will add modestly to the list. I am not seeing the problem. :shrug:

If this turns out to be true, then you are right, no problem. For me at least.

As far as an artists concept drawings, compared to actual plans. I will stick with the plans and the hard evidence we now see in the pictures steve posted over a piece of concept art.

draybook

Yeah they do. And I have a job, which tends to occupy most of my time. Going on vacation is an escape from the grind. An opportunity to get out and have a good time. I am not sure what kind of point you are trying to make. I think you are just being argumentative for the sake of it.

Actually, I'm trying to understand your point of view. I try not to judge people but instead understand their view point. I too have a job that takes up most of my time and I understand the "escaping" that you're talking about.

There are restaurants where most people live too. But isn't eating out a big part of the vacation experience?

Well sort of.

#1 - The restaurants where I live don't have 6 foot mice and dogs and princesses that come out and take pictures with me while I'm eating. I don't know about where you live, maybe that does happen there.

#2 - I eat because if I don't, my body will shut down and die. That doesn't really happen if I don't have liquor or dance a jig at a club. Yeah, I know, it's crazy how science works isn't it?

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Actually, I'm trying to understand your point of view. I try not to judge people but instead understand their view point. I too have a job that takes up most of my time and I understand the "escaping" that you're talking about.

You don't understand adults wanting to enjoy a drink or a night out while on vacation?

jt04

Original Poster
Here are some pics of the former Motions and Rock n Roll site that will become the new park area

http://www.wdwmagic.com/Attractions...n'-Roll-Beach-Club-sites-now-grassed-over.htm

The grass will keep silt from washing into the lake quite nicely as afternoon thunderstorms will soon be arriving.

However, the new park/amphiteater will only use about 1/4 of the area used by the buildings that were there. The park is depicted in the drawings on the SPI blog. The rest of that area is TBA.

menamechris

#1 - The restaurants where I live don't have 6 foot mice and dogs and princesses that come out and take pictures with me while I'm eating. I don't know about where you live, maybe that does happen there.

#2 - I eat because if I don't, my body will shut down and die. That doesn't really happen if I don't have liquor or dance a jig at a club. Yeah, I know, it's crazy how science works isn't it?

#1 - Character dining is only a fraction of the restaurants on Disney property. 'Ohana for dinner, Le Cellier, California Grill - these are places that have to often be booked months in advance - and there are no characters. So....

#2 - You don't have to eat on Disney property for the "Disney Difference" in dining. But people do. The same goes for going out and having a good time (i.e. having a drink and "dancing a jig").

It's not just about getting drunk or "clubbing" - some people enjoy social interaction. It may not be something you are good at or enjoy - but some people like making friends.

TimeTrip

So are you saying that when you're at Disney, you ONLY eat at restaurants with characters? That appears to be the argument you're trying to make here. By your reasoning, you would avoid any other restaurants because you could have something similar at home as well.

lebeau

I claimed something BIG was coming to the MK before the leak when ALL of the insiders were saying that it wasn't. Including that expert over at the other place (the other Lee).

So, that right there makes up for my other "mistakes". Assuming, of course, they were "mistakes" :lol::lookaroun

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Your track record since then has been abysmal.

Plus, you're always predicting something big. So anytime something gets built (which will inevitably happen) you claim victory.

But by all means, keep digging...

draybook

You don't understand adults wanting to enjoy a drink or a night out while on vacation?

Yeah, I could see it if you're in the Bahamas or Vera Cruz or something, I just don't understand people coming to Disney to do adult type things. Yes, I know Disney caters to it and I don't understand that either.

And to menamechris, we make plenty of friends at Disney while in line, or waiting on parades or elsewhere on Disney property. We just don't need alcohol or thumping techno beats to do it.

So are you saying that when you're at Disney, you ONLY eat at restaurants with characters? That appears to be the argument you're trying to make here. By your reasoning, you would avoid any other restaurants because you could have something similar at as home as well.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. Because it's clearly in my post that we only do character meals. Thanks for clearing up that whole English problem I was having.......

In all fairness though, I must admit that most of our table reservations are character meals. We have two children and if we can meet characters while eating and save time in the parks for rides, then so be it. I call it smart planning, not the desire to do something that can be done at home.

jt04

Original Poster
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Your track record since then has been abysmal.

Plus, you're always predicting something big. So anytime something gets built (which will inevitably happen) you claim victory.

But by all means, keep digging...

Lee said the new restaurant on the pad we are talking about here would be the boat themed Mahogany Bay as he hisownself told us. And Lee is never wrong according to you. :shrug:

menamechris

And to menamechris, we make plenty of friends at Disney while in line, or waiting on parades or elsewhere on Disney property. We just don't need alcohol or thumping techno beats to do it.

But people who do are bad? Or don't vacation properly? Or don't understand how to really have a good time? What about locals that supported Pleasure Island? Locals bring in a ton of money to the resort annually. This IS where we live - don't we deserve some nightly things to do after the parks close if we aren't ready to go home? And want to keep giving Disney our money to continue to have a good time after 10?

draybook

But people who do are bad? Or don't vacation properly? Or don't understand how to really have a good time? What about locals that supported Pleasure Island? Locals bring in a ton of money to the resort annually. This IS where we live - don't we deserve some nightly things to do after the parks close if we aren't ready to go home? And want to keep giving Disney our money to continue to have a good time after 10?

Well, the person I was originally speaking to is from New Jersey. I never even covered locals. You took it upon yourself to think that I was talking about you and you started your crusade.

The only problem I have with Orlando locals is that you drive too slow and apparently the car dealerships never told you guys that turn signals are not optional on all vehicles, they're standard.

And yet again I ask, why party at a Disney facility? Are there not enough night clubs and bars in the Orlando area? I just don't get why you'd want to party at a place that was made famous by a mouse and other cartoon/film characters. And I'm not saying others are wrong for it, I'm trying to understand. So please quit reaching for ridiculous statements and trying to twist my posts around. It's a waste of time.

jakeman

You know, saying that a grassy field is better than abandoned real estate is akin to admiring the color of the dog poo you just stepped in.

Sure you can find the bright spot, but functionally is it really an upgrade?

I'll wait until the whole area is finished before I decide to completely bash the HW concept. At this particular moment though, grassy knolls aren't getting it done.

As for "something big" coming in that spot...if you are about to start vertical construction, why would you plant grass?

jt04

Original Poster
You know, saying that a grassy field is better than abandoned real estate is akin to admiring the color of the dog poo you just stepped in.

Sure you can find the bright spot, but functionally is it really an upgrade?

I'll wait until the whole area is finished before I decide to completely bash the HW concept. At this particular moment though, grassy knolls aren't getting it done.

As for "something big" coming in that spot...if you are about to start vertical construction, why would you plant grass?

State law and fines if you don't would be my guess.

Besides that is where Lee says Mahogany Bay is going to be built.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Yeah, I could see it if you're in the Bahamas or Vera Cruz or something, I just don't understand people coming to Disney to do adult type things. Yes, I know Disney caters to it and I don't understand that either.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. Because it's clearly in my post that we only do character meals. Thanks for clearing up that whole English problem I was having.......

In all fairness though, I must admit that most of our table reservations are character meals. We have two children and if we can meet characters while eating and save time in the parks for rides, then so be it. I call it smart planning, not the desire to do something that can be done at home.

So you don't understand why the nations largest vacation destination would want to cater to more then one demographic? Now I am beginning to understand where you are coming from.

lebeau

Lee said the new restaurant on the pad we are talking about here would be the boat themed Mahogany Bay as he hisownself told us. And Lee is never wrong according to you. :shrug:

Huh?

No idea what you are talking about. I spit the words you are trying to stick in my mouth back out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom