Hurricane Milton coming to FL

TalkingHead

Lost power west of Orlando around 11:00PM. Part of the neighborhood kept power until about 2:00AM but they’re down now. Winds are still howling over here and have been pretty consistently for 3+ hours. Very curious what the scene looks like in the morning. Easily the worst wind/rain storm I’ve seen here since Charley.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The wind field over Orlando will have periods of increased speed and some lulls. Around 10 am will be the last blast. It should be calm enough to open Disney Springs by 5p if there isn't too much damage.

That's just one forecast that, of course, can change.

Tom Morrow

3:40 AM. I'm just a bit south of DAK. Still have power somehow. Winds got very powerful around 3:00 AM and are still strong. The strongest of the night so far. I could be wrong but I am expecting not insignificant damage tomorrow.

Lilofan

Code:
ZCZC MIATCUAT4 ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM

Hurricane Milton Tropical Cyclone Update
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL       AL142024
100 AM EDT Thu Oct 10 2024

...FLASH FLOOD EMERGENCY CONTINUES OVER PORTIONS OF WEST-CENTRAL
FLORIDA AND DAMAGING WINDS REACHING THE FLORIDA EAST COAST...
...100 AM EDT POSITION UPDATE...

A sustained wind of 48 mph (77 km/h) and a gust of 79 mph (127 km/h)
was recently reported at the Albert Whitted Airport station in St.
Petersburg. A sustained wind of 46 mph (74 km/h) and a gust of 74
mph (119 km/h) was recently reported at Orlando International
Airport. A sustained wind of 52 mph (84 km/h) and a gust of 67 mph
(108 km/h) was recently reported at a NASA weather station at Cape
Canaveral.

The next position update will be at 200 AM EDT (0600 UTC) with the
intermediate advisory.

SUMMARY OF 100 AM EDT...0500 UTC...INFORMATION
-----------------------------------------------
LOCATION...28.0N 81.6W
ABOUT 40 MI...65 KM SSW OF ORLANDO FLORIDA
ABOUT 65 MI...105 KM WSW OF CAPE CANAVERAL FLORIDA
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...90 MPH...150 KM/H
PRESENT MOVEMENT...ENE OR 60 DEGREES AT 16 MPH...26 KM/H
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...970 MB...28.64 INCHES

$$
Forecaster Bucci/Sardi/Mahoney/Cangialosi

NNNN

Roughly 24 miles DIRECT south of Animal Kingdom Lodge.
Forecasters called it right, eye going over WDW.

maxairmike

Woke up a little bit ago after a few hours of sleep to the wind roaring like mad. Went upstairs to check on things and wow…can feel everything shaking during the strongest moments. No apparent water damage or intrusion so far, but I was back downstairs pretty quickly. Probably won’t be going back to sleep at this point, just hoping this thing moves through soon and the worst of the winds let up before any serious damage occurs.

LiamRowbotham

Brit here, trying to follow from over the pond. Is it still heading towards WDW/Uni?

Thinking of anyone in Florida right now, hope you're all holding out as well as you can.

maxairmike

Brit here, trying to follow from over the pond. Is it still heading towards WDW/Uni?

Thinking of anyone in Florida right now, hope you're all holding out as well as you can.

It’s currently over the attractions area and it is not fun at all. Can feel and now hear our upstairs shaking with the wind we’re getting. Can’t help but think that cleanup is going to last into Friday with debris, even if major and minor structures aren’t badly damaged enough to keep them from opening.

TimeTrip

Pretty much the worst of it is happening now in the stretch from Tavares to Kissimmee. Up here in Longwood we have gusts in the 60s
1728547435568.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom