Hurricane Milton coming to FL

Lilofan

I think springs will be open by 5 for sure. And will be mobbed by folks without power. I'm sure some stores won't open, but would imagine restaurants will if they can get in early enough to prep
When thousands of guests on Hotel Plaza Blvd and WDW resorts holed up in the resort are allowed to enter Disney Springs dining options quick service , fine dining , it will make a Black Friday sale at Best Buy and Wal Mart back in the day rush to get in look like nothing.

Last edited:

SoFloMagic

Almost 600 thousand customers without power in Hillsborough county alone! Absolutely crazy.
Interesting OUC (slogan: "the reliable one") faired so poorly in outages compared to others. In Osceola, they lost power in 45% of accounts (!!!) but KUA only lost in 15%. In orange, they have nearly twice the outages of Duke with only half the customers.
Not sure if they're behind on undergrounding service, but wow.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241010_074907_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20241010_074907_Chrome.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 10

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Interesting OUC (slogan: "the reliable one") faired so poorly in outages compared to others. In Osceola, they lost power in 45% of accounts (!!!) but KUA only lost in 15%. In orange, they have nearly twice the outages of Duke with only half the customers.
Generally speaking…Duke sucks

EricsBiscuit

Yep. Basically all of Tampa is without power south of Lutz Lake Fern Rd, all the way to the tip of South Tampa. From Sheldon Rd in the west all the way through Ybor City. And let me say, TECO has been spending a fortune on trimming branches in the last year. Apparently it wasn’t enough.

jrhwdw

Still looks like MCO expected to reopen at 6pm tonight: https://www.fly.faa.gov/flyfaa/flyfaaindex.jsp?p=0&ARPT=mco

Springs reopening tonight is looking more likely too given things look like they'll be calmed down by then. Probably means parks back open as usual from tomorrow. From what I've heard WDW looks to have been pretty unaffected all things considered.

Will be interesting to see how Epic fared given it looks like it passed right over the top of the building site.
Hopefully bio will be able to fly over this weekend.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
In St. Petersburg, they are scheduled to start picking up debris this coming Monday. I don’t know if Milton will change this plan but I am thankful that my neighborhood wasn’t impacted to hard. I know several people at work that got hit hard and I am worried about them with this storm.

This is what worries me personally the most. I'm about 30-35 miles inland from Homosassa in sumter county 😭

I live just north of Tampa well outside of any flood zone but still in the cone. The business is in Tampa though so I’m worried about the storm surge and wind.

Physically, mostly (forgot a few things until it was too late, but nothing that will hopefully be critical, just things I wish I had done for a little extra peace of mind). Mentally, not at all. 😂

I live just a few miles north, so kinda.

We arrive tomorrow. Hopefully all will be well. We've already been here in Florida a week and a half but staying in Bradenton feeling the effects of the first hit. Because we're in a critical position we'll at least be better off in WDW than where we are currently whenever the worst of this arrives.

Currently here there is an advisory of them monitoring the situation but that is all. Supposed to move to a universal resort on Wednesday

10 minutes from Western Way.

Winds picking up at wdw. water seeping thru 2 windows in our villa. all over the living room floor now.

Just checking in. You guys okay?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom