Hurricane Milton coming to FL

cr3346

Some speculation about concentric eye walls - let's hope it doesnt have time to finish eyewall replacement if that's indeed whats happening now. Hurricane force wind field looks fairly narrow to me at the moment, right?
Yeah, it has been undergoing an ERC since about 7am this morning. Hopefully it doesn't finish it any time soon and allow itself to regain strength. The winds are pretty narrow from what I can tell as well, but by going through the ERC, it will broaden the storm and push those winds further out from the center

SoFloMagic

Yeah, it has been undergoing an ERC since about 7am this morning. Hopefully it doesn't finish it any time soon and allow itself to regain strength. The winds are pretty narrow from what I can tell as well, but by going through the ERC, it will broaden the storm and push those winds further out from the center
I'm hoping the shear won't let it complete the cycle. But I guess then we'll just end up with wider 90 mph winds or something instead of narrow 130. Which may not be better.

Captain Barbossa

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but I hope everyone has the residents of AK in their thoughts. Obviously, they’ll be in their housing off-stage, but I’m curious if there are any additional precautions that are taken for the safety of the animals during weather events such as this.

durangojim

That picture- of all the guests in rain ponchos at the HS gate- I know parks open for a few hours - but if I was a cast member, how could you NOT get aggravated at people coming in today ?

I read Disney keeps room inventory for cast member’s safety in storms like these, but what about their family?

I know working is probably voluntary, just hope it is.

Thanks all, random thoughts….
If you're stuck at Disney, why wouldn't you go to the park today? I'd say it's better than sitting around in your room all day ruminating on how bad the storm will be. Those people not going wouldn't change anything for the CMs that are required to be there.

The Mom

Premium Member

1728487101775.png

Please note that this tornado is NOT "in the cone."

cr3346

From another site I follow:

11am disco highlights: strong SW shear, asymmetric, dry air intrusion on western side, eye is cloud filled and open to the south. Shear is expected to increase and Milton to decrease, but with only 12 hours until impact it's either a 3 or 4 at landfall. Interaction with a front later today will increase the wind field to the north where there will be very strong gusty winds. It is moving NE at 15kts, models slow it down though and want to turn it east north east again. Unsure where landfall will be as they could be off by 20-30 miles. That makes a huge difference with respect to surge as the gradient of surge to the north is very sharp.

MerlinTheGoat

Orlando's now out of the cone good news fro the mouse
The newest 11am NHC cone? Doesn't look like it, unless i'm reading it wrong. It has shifted south, which is good for the area if it's a continuing trend, but almost all of Orange is still in the cone. Downtown Orlando is still very much inside it. Disney also isn't in downtown Orlando, it's about 15 miles to the southwest and closer to Kissimmee. WESH was also still forecasting the same wind speeds as earlier for the area.

1728487341322.png

gerarar

Premium Member
Just an update.

Frontier finally officially cancelled my original flight for Wednesday morning around 10:30pm Monday night.

The rebook options were for Thursday, due to land at MCO ~7pm. There was an earlier flight in the morning, but that looks to be also gone/cancelled, so maybe they think/know MCO will still be closed Thurs morning.

I could've refunded for airline credit, which I wasn't really interested in. Refund back to my CC required a call apparently and up to 2 weeks.

Considering this flight was only ~$55, taking the refund and rebooting with another airline ($300+) isn't as ideal. I also have a separate flight leaving MCO to BOS for a separate work engagement, so I do need to somehow be in Orlando before the following Monday.

Hoping for the best for everyone there!
Another update.

Frontier cancelled my rebooked flight for Thursday night this morning, so seems like MCO will be closed all of Thursday.

I was automatically rebooked this time (versus having the option to pick a flight previously) for Friday morning. If I want a different flight or refund/cancel for credit or back to original CC, I need to call in now. So maybe MCO is planning on opening Friday now.

For my hotel reservation, I started a ticket to get a partial refund for the days I cannot use. They won't allow a full cancelation or refund at this point outright, would need to escalate the booking. This is the big downside with booking 3rd party vs. directly with Disney, but that was my only option months ago since there was no availability directly with Disney.

Hoping for the best for everyone down there!

lazyboy97o

The north campus of Universal Orlando Resort is within the city limits of Orlando. The city limits extend well beyond Downtown and are in the cone. Even Winter Park immediately north of Orlando is still in the cone.

cmb5002

I made my back up plan the day I started this thread, Saturday, Tuesday flights were wide open. I looked Sunday into possibly leaving Monday and the flights were gone. That said 95 remained realitively open and cars were plentiful to be rented yesterday. There’s a reason I always rent a car when I go in October, most of the time you are less then a days drive from safety. You just need to recognize the danger before everyone else, for Tampa that was leaving Monday morning, Orlando yesterday morning, I4 and 95 were clear when I went to the airport at 7am.
I was on property as of yesterday morning. On Monday we had rescheduled our 12:50pm flight today, to a 7:10am flight, which was good for the MCO closure, but southwest cancelled it anyway. After a quick check of flights to the philly/DC area, we rented a car and left yesterday at 8am.
Pulled into my driveway in Delaware at 5am after picking up our car from bwi.

Smooth sailing out of Florida on i4 and 95, but lots of slowdowns in Georgia and the Carolinas.

And more line trucks than I could possibly count going south.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom