Hurricane Milton coming to FL

cr3346

I was listening to local talk radio today. They said that Katrina was a Cat 5 before it hit as a Cat 3. It's still remembered as one of the worst hurricanes to hit the U.S., mostly because of the storm surge.
Yeah, that one weakened, if you want to call it that, to a Cat 3 before landfall, but basically still had the storm surge of a Cat 5. This one might not be too far behind

durangojim

Most people don't realize this. I am a nurse and when I still worked in the hospital we were required to either stay in the hospital during the storm, or go in immediately after. Police, fire, EMTs, utility workers etc don't get a choice. They have to stay. People's ignorant comments are really irritating.
Unfortunately this is true for many things. False assumptions are made that because someone isn't doing what everyone thinks that person is doing, that individual is stupid, naive, or foolhardy. Many times a person may not have the option or resources to do what they need to do. I see it all the time with my patients and try not to judge but rather to counsel.

cr3346

9am update...still 155mph winds...

Looks like we'll be getting hourly updates today from the NHC

1728479141838.png

TehPuddingMan

You were saying storm’s eye will be directly over your house which is generalized prime coastline and you’re not in evac zone?????
Sarasota is the closest place people recognize. I’m actually in South Lakewood Ranch, about 20 miles inland. I’m not in an evac zone. I’m in law enforcement and am very aware of where the zones are.

Lilofan

Sarasota is the closest place people recognize. I’m actually in South Lakewood Ranch, about 20 miles inland. I’m not in an evac zone. I’m in law enforcement and am very aware of where the zones are.
Take care and there will be a number of residents who refused to evacuate in Sarasota A,B,C that will need help post Milton.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
A unique situation, Disney giving guests an extended vacation on Disney’s dime ( the extended part ). Hopefully the cruise ship won’t run out of food and drink.

Until the Coast Guard clears the channel, no ships will be docking.

LAKid53

Premium Member

Which means even if you were in an evacuation zone, you couldn't as you'd have to work.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Why don't you trust the Weather Channel? I have found them to be very reliable especially compared to news.

Gee, could be the exaggeration of some conditions...like the reporter saying the streets are flooded and he's standing in calf deep water as two guys stroll by behind him in water barely covering their shoes.

cr3346

Wait, is there another hurricane forming? Someone said on Facebook there’s another one expected to hit Florida in two weeks 😬

No. I am assuming they are referring to Hurricane Leslie, which is zero threat to the US.
One of the models yesterday showed another storm forming in the gulf, but it is 12 days out. I wouldn't worry about it right now.

1728480357959.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom