Hurricane Milton coming to FL

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
We didn’t agree with her decision to hunker down. She’s in a tough spot because my 85 year old uncle had dementia and blood clots and gets really agitated moving.

Her area isn’t too flood prone…but I’m worried this time

If she's near the Ca' d'Zan, that's a pretty flat area of Sarasota. How far is she from the bay? Ringling's home is bay front.

Do you think they could make it to a shelter? Transportation is available and Sarasota should have a shelter for special needs residents.

GraysonsDad

Because any wobble can change the surge drastically NHC keeps its advisory’s based on a landfall as wide as the cone so that people prepare for the worst

View attachment 819850

However they do provide a more granular tool for the exact path they are currently predicting, after warning you that this forecast is not to be used for planning and to utilize the map I put above for it. If landfall happens in Bradenton this is what the surge in Tampa Bay looks like:

View attachment 819851
There is a lot less red and mainly focused south of downtown. However if you move to Cape Coral/Ft Myers area:

View attachment 819852
It looks catestrophic. Not pictured is Sarasota and points between the two bays that are also entirely red.
Just for reference...the red section in the bottom image is the North Port/Port Charlotte area, not Ft. Myers/Cape Coral.

Ft. Myers is the southernmost yellow section in the image. Obviously neither is good, just wanted to clarify what was being stated.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If she's near the Ca' d'Zan, that's a pretty flat area of Sarasota. How far is she from the bay? Ringling's home is bay front.

Do you think they could make it to a shelter? Transportation is available and Sarasota should have a shelter for special needs residents.
Update: my cousin went last night to evac them out.

I feel better. They should be able to get out of the direct cone/path

I’m not in an evacuation zone and I’m required to stay for my job.
Most people don't realize this. I am a nurse and when I still worked in the hospital we were required to either stay in the hospital during the storm, or go in immediately after. Police, fire, EMTs, utility workers etc don't get a choice. They have to stay. People's ignorant comments are really irritating.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I was listening to local talk radio today. They said that Katrina was a Cat 5 before it hit as a Cat 3. It's still remembered as one of the worst hurricanes to hit the U.S., mostly because of the storm surge.
The US almost never gets a 5 hit…those are usually the island chains where’s there’s no break in ocean water as it roars through.

Our deadly/destructive storms are typically 3s when they hit.

A 4 on the gulf coast is gonna be a problem.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom