Hurricane Milton coming to FL

donsullivan

Premium Member
Why don't you trust the Weather Channel? I have found them to be very reliable especially compared to news.
I'd much rather trust the local stations here in central Florida with weather teams who have experienced these for decades, whose families and homes will be impacted by the storm. They tend to have the experience to give you a much more honest perspective on what could happen and what you should be prepared for.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I'd much rather trust the local stations here in central Florida with weather teams who have experienced these for decades, whose families and homes will be impacted by the storm. They tend to have the experience to give you a much more honest perspective on what could happen and what you should be prepared for.

💯

Even though some get a little dramatic

tallica

Not what others are reporting , Polk 90 mph winds and higher , Orange ( WDW ) 75 mph winds and higher . its the up to 12 inches of rain that is concerning on already saturated ground.
like I already said, huge variation in forecasts. I have lived in WDW area for 8+ years and found Weather Channel has been pretty reliable during hurricanes.

Quietmouse

I hope lt Dan makes it.

At first I was skeptical on why someone would stay in Tampa on a small house boat during the hurricane …but the dude is a disabled vet, with one leg, and that boat is literally all he has. So while I still think it would be smarter for him to move to an inland shelter, I also understand the panic that he might face about losing his boat.

celluloid

I hope lt Dan makes it.

At first I was skeptical on why someone would stay in Tampa on a small house boat during the hurricane …but the dude is a disabled vet, with one leg, and that boat is literally all he has. So while I still think it would be smarter for him to move to an inland shelter, I also understand the panic that he might face about losing his boat.

my brother just told.me about this last night.

Being frank, but saying this human care, It's a psychological level problem. It is a case tk be made.for when they baker act people who don't see the need to evacuate.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Hurricane Milton Impacts Begin to Be Felt at Walt Disney World: Park Closures and Storm Updates​

Severe-Weather-Information_Full_57756.jpg

Purduevian

Small peanuts compared to people needing to be safe, but some interesting wait times this morning at 10am:
30 mins: Tron, TSMM, MFSR, Meet Anna and Elsa
20 mins: SDD, Remy, Na'vi
15 mins: Meet Tiana/visiting princess, Meet M&M in AK, Meet Cindy/princess
Everything else is 10 or less

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Small peanuts compared to people needing to be safe, but some interesting wait times this morning at 10am:
30 mins: Tron, TSMM, MFSR, Meet Anna and Elsa
20 mins: SDD, Remy, Na'vi
15 mins: Meet Tiana/visiting princess, Meet M&M in AK, Meet Cindy/princess
Everything else is 10 or less
It's all those people that came in from other states who had no idea a hurricane was coming when they started driving 4 days ago. :rolleyes:

MerlinTheGoat

Latest combined forecast for Orange, Seminole, Osceola and Polk from WESH-

1728482264689.png

This is based on the current track released by the NHC, the peaks of these winds are projected to affect Osceola and Polk the worst. WDW would likely land in the middle of those ranges since it's basically dead center of these counties.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom