Hurricane Matthew

officialtom

The WDW website is painnnnnnnnnnnfully slow right now and even crashing altogether. I assume either it's flooded with guests wondering about ticket refunds, or the power outages are affecting servers. Are WDW servers in Orlando?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Gotta love Tommy Boy aka Mr. Clickbait walking around the MK on periscope this am with the title of his video "Walking through the Magic Kingdom during Hurricane Matthew." Meanwhile, in the video it's mostly sunny and 99% of the guests were wearing shorts. Do us a favor Tom, walk out there when the real rain and hurricane force winds hit.

Don't know who Tommy Boy is, but if he's stupid enough to wander outside during a Category 4 or 5 storm, then he needs to do us all a favor and remove himself from the gene pool. ;)

However, that will be some awesome video.....

PhotoDave219

Don't know who Tommy Boy is, but if he's stupid enough to wander outside during a Category 4 or 5 storm, then he needs to do us all a favor and remove himself from the gene pool. ;)

So in the middle of that Charley video, There's me going outside with the camera after the worst had passed, tropical storm force winds and I think you can hear me saying something like "oh, okay, yeah, thats enough...."

I went around with a video camera around my apartment complex during Jeanne and got blown around for a bit.

I cannot emphasize how insane an idea it is to go outside in the middle of these things. Its not smart. Thats when you negotiate with the dog and stick to the back yard....

LAKid53

Premium Member
So in the middle of that Charley video, There's me going outside with the camera after the worst had passed, tropical storm force winds and I think you can hear me saying something like "oh, okay, yeah, thats enough...."

I went around with a video camera around my apartment complex during Jeanne and got blown around for a bit.

I cannot emphasize how insane an idea it is to go outside in the middle of these things. Its not smart. Thats when you negotiate with the dog and stick to the back yard....

Oh better yet, have a cat. ;)

Or get one of those fake grass pee mats.

21stamps

...and the theme parks are closed.

We are all shuttered up in Fort Lauderdale and looks like dodging the worst of it.
Can you go drag my friends out of Palm Beach Island?

Seriously though, be safe!!!!

I just tried to YouTube it but was unable to find.. I think it may have been in Deerfield Beach in 2005, but there was a reporter standing on A1A or Federal Highway and a Stop Sign flew right by her head. @Tony the Tigger do you remember that? I wish I could find the video.
Doesn't matter. Anything with 50-100 miles of the eye wall is going to take a beating. And if you're unfortunate enough to be on the back end of the storm, heaven help you.
I would rather have that happen as opposed to a direct hit if had to choose.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Can you go drag my friends out of Palm Beach Island?

Seriously though, be safe!!!!

I just tried to YouTube it but was unable to find.. I think it may have been in Deerfield Beach in 2005, but there was a reporter standing on A1A or Federal Highway and a Stop Sign flew right by her head. @Tony the Tigger do you remember that? I wish I could find the video.

I would rather have that happen as opposed to a direct hit if had to choose.

What, be on the back end of a Category 4 storm? No you don't, trust me.....

GrumpyFan

Umm, the hurricane hasn't hit land yet, and the parks are still open. No rain, just light winds. Not sure I see where the "stupid" part is.
Even Disney doesn't think it's an issue, because they still have the parks open. So, let's just dispense with the judgmental condemnation.
Tomorrow or later tonight, that's a different story, but for now, there is literally nothing happening.

MOXOMUMD

So silly Canadian question as we've never had to deal with anything like this is the past (Don't really get hurricanes up this way). We are driving down and will be leaving from Atlanta to Orlando on Saturday, well, Kissimmee anyway. We are contemplating booking an extra night in Atlanta just in case (we rented a home so whether we arrive Sat or Sun makes no difference) but wondering if that would be necessary or if we should be ok arriving Saturday afternoon/ evening?
TWC says almost all hotels in Atlanta are booked from those coming in from the coast.

21stamps

yup that is so true we live in Atlanta and we couldn't get a hotel for our Family in Miami.
Your family is obviously smarter than mine. Everyone waits too long. It was too late to get out today. PBC, not Miami for me.

Edit- only one of my friend's still remains in a Mandatory Evac zone. I'm hoping that will change in the next hour.

JohnD

Original Poster
According to the local paper this morning, we've got people up here in Tally who've evacuated. And most of the hotels were nearly full as of last night.

Earlier in the week it was reported that UoM was considering asking FSU if the game could be played in Tallahassee. I'm glad that better sense prevailed. The hotel rooms are more needed for evacuees, not football fans.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom