Hurricane Matthew

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Glad we are not down there with our dogs boarded at Best Friends, I see that they will also close. They are not fans of heavy wind and rain. They were there with us when a bad thunder storm roiled thru in the middle of the night. We were able to check on them via the webcam and a staff member was sitting with them watching TV. The staff there is the best!

From Best Friends Pet Care Facebook:

"Best Friends Pet Care is taking the necessary steps to ensure the safety of our pet guests and all team members. Based on the most recent forecasts for Hurricane Matthew, Best Friends Pet Care at the Walt Disney World Resort will be closing at 6:00 p.m. today.
Please rest assured that as usual we are staffed 24/7 and the pets will be cared for and kept comfy and safe.
Should you have any concerns or questions, please feel free to call the center at 407-209-3126 or email us at dis@bestfriends.net."

WDWBryan

At the airport in Boston right now waiting to check in for my flight. Room in Tampa is confirmed for today and friends in Inervess are on standby as my super emergency back up. Can anyone locally advise what time tomorrow the storm is supposed to be clearing Orlando? Trying to figure out if I should book another night at the same hotel in Tampa when I arrive.
I would stay in Tampa. Most likely lots of debris and power outages

wdwgreek

I wonder what they will take down. All those Halloween decorations and all the stuff in the active construction zones. Wowza. Sad I had to turn around in Baltimore instead of going to Orlando, but praying that everyone stays safe!

epcot2004

From Best Friends Pet Care Facebook:

"Best Friends Pet Care is taking the necessary steps to ensure the safety of our pet guests and all team members. Based on the most recent forecasts for Hurricane Matthew, Best Friends Pet Care at the Walt Disney World Resort will be closing at 6:00 p.m. today.
Please rest assured that as usual we are staffed 24/7 and the pets will be cared for and kept comfy and safe.
Should you have any concerns or questions, please feel free to call the center at 407-209-3126 or email us at dis@bestfriends.net."

Exactly my point, the staff at that facility is top notch.

danyoung56

I was in Orlando for Floyd back in the 90's. Disney closed then, but it all turned out to be nothing. The storm did a hook to the east at the last minute, and didn't hit land till the Carolinas. I remember my crewmate and me standing in a line at the 7/11 that went around the entire inside of the store. We got the last 2 hoagies in the store, and that was dinner for the night!

MOXOMUMD

Can someone please post a picture of the monorails being parked inside CR? I seriously cant wrap my head around how that looks.
It's nothing spectacular. From Allears.

h102.jpg

Stevek

Gotta love Tommy Boy aka Mr. Clickbait walking around the MK on periscope this am with the title of his video "Walking through the Magic Kingdom during Hurricane Matthew." Meanwhile, in the video it's mostly sunny and 99% of the guests were wearing shorts. Do us a favor Tom, walk out there when the real rain and hurricane force winds hit.

PhotoDave219

Gotta love Tommy Boy aka Mr. Clickbait walking around the MK on periscope this am with the title of his video "Walking through the Magic Kingdom during Hurricane Matthew." Meanwhile, in the video it's mostly sunny and 99% of the guests were wearing shorts. Do us a favor Tom, walk out there when the real rain and hurricane force winds hit.

Thats hilarious. The National Enquirer of the Disney blogosphere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom