Hurricane Matthew

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Hurricane Andrew happened in 1992, not 86. Hurricane Charley happened in 2004, not in 1992.

I have a first hand account of Hurricane Andrew in 1992 since It happened during my WDW trip that year.

I was staying at the Port Orleans resort aka now know as Port Orleans French Quarter in 1992 at WDW when Hurricane Andrew hit.

Hurricane Andrew didn't cause any of the 3 theme parks to close at all. I was at WDW theme park on that day. It was either the Magic Kingdom or Epcot. I didn't recall any damage for WDW in terms of the resort I stayed at or the theme parks.

I was a CM in 2004 during Charley and they closed the parks.

GrumpyFan

Hurricane Andrew happened in 1992, not 86. Hurricane Charley happened in 2004, not in 1992.

I have a first hand account of Hurricane Andrew in 1992 since It happened during my WDW trip that year.

Oops, you're right, I mis-typed the dates.
Sorry about that.

epcot2004

Glad we are not down there with our dogs boarded at Best Friends, I see that they will also close. They are not fans of heavy wind and rain. They were there with us when a bad thunder storm rolled thru in the middle of the night. We were able to check on them via the webcam and a staff member was sitting with them watching TV. The staff there is the best!

cjgren

At the airport in Boston right now waiting to check in for my flight. Room in Tampa is confirmed for today and friends in Inervess are on standby as my super emergency back up. Can anyone locally advise what time tomorrow the storm is supposed to be clearing Orlando? Trying to figure out if I should book another night at the same hotel in Tampa when I arrive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom