Hurricane Irma

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Power Outages (from FPL) as of 12 PM Sunday, so far...

upload_2017-9-10_13-19-3.png

Other counties have relatively few to none power outages... so far.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
My dining room looks like a cross between a food bank and a command center, lol. Not only are all my hurricane provisions on my dining room table, but I've packed a tote bag with clothes and restocked my toiletry bag in case that tree in my front yard falls and I can't get to my bedroom or have to suddenly leave. Will means baths in the kitchen sink, but I'm used to it from my girl scout days. As long as we have water, there's always the hose on the back deck....

Stay safe, y'all

LAKid53

Premium Member
I, as many, have been watching Jose. Just might be that he is planning a visit to Florida after all. Hopefully he curves back around and heads to the north. We have a home just west of Disney but are safe here in Denver. Our concerns are for everyone in the path of Irma. Keep safe everyone.

:arghh:

Figment82

Aren't the cats at DLR?

They've strapped MBs to the squirrels.

There are most definitely feral cats on property. They're usually a little more shy than the ones at DLR and won't come out until guests are gone.

People are still driving on I-4... I hope everyone has gotten to their place of shelter and will just stay there until tomorrow morning. Report of a possible tornado in Palm Bay with 6 mobile homes destroyed or damaged.

Roknrollrghostr

We have a very similar message posted on the resort TV here. Earlier it said the three restaurants would be closing at 3 but now they've updated it to The Mara, Boma and Sanaa having "dining available" with no specific times. Club level cast said meals would be served until approx 9:30 at Boma while late night dining would be available at the Mara until midnight. Curfew is in place, right now they are allowing us to move between Jambo house and Kidani village if we want but we must be in our own building by 7pm.

I again can't say enough about the wonderful cast. We were in the gift shop a little while ago and I asked my husband, "How will we get into our rooms if the power goes out?" Out of nowhere a cast member appears and says "Hi! I overheard your question and don't worry they run on batteries so you'll still be able to access your room!" Earlier when we were at breakfast we observed a CM going up to the tables with children and letting them know that Mickey, Goofy and Rafiki would be coming to visit and inviting them to a "party" in the lobby. We were speaking with a CM at the Mara later and telling them we assumed it would be closed because all the entrances were outside the building. She said they would be opening the backstage areas to allow guests to have safe access. And we ran into Chef Brian Piasecki, the Culinary Director for all of WDW, in the hallway which was really cool. I was completely expecting and prepared for a skeleton crew and extremely limited services and am beyond impressed with what I am currently seeing.

LAKid53

Premium Member
There are most definitely feral cats on property. They're usually a little more shy than the ones at DLR and won't come out until guests are gone.

People are still driving on I-4... I hope everyone has gotten to their place of shelter and will just stay there until tomorrow morning. Report of a possible tornado in Palm Bay with 6 mobile homes destroyed or damaged.

:(

IanDLBZF

Several Tornado warnings have been issued thus far today for much of the East Coast of Florida, most of these have had tornadoes produced with damage. If a warning does get issued, take it seriously.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom