Hurricane Irma

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Naples is next. Lovely city, great Greek food. But I'm hoping Irma decides to take a turn to the right there.

some other guy

Same with SoFla. They don't get waves that far down. Every time a storm comes you'll see a bunch of surfers out.

Yeah, the hurricane surf thing is very real. My mom was into surfing back in the day and would "have friends who" stayed out up until the last minute before hightailing it home.

LAKid53

Premium Member
As someone who lives in an area where tornado watches/warnings are fairly frequent in the summer, this worries me a bit. I'm sure most WDW structures can handle a hurricane-but they wouldn't stand a chance against a decent sized tornado. Hurricanes are like battering rams, tornadoes are like buzz saws. Stay safe everyone.

The only safe place from a tornado is underground, like the utilidors

LAKid53

Premium Member
Yeah, the hurricane surf thing is very real. My mom was into surfing back in the day and would "have friends who" stayed out up until the last minute before hightailing it home.

Just move to the West coast. We've always got good waves...and fish with really big teeth...

Sped2424

I understand that effect my point was another poster was saying Orlando is not in trouble. They are in trouble and there are going to be hurricane force winds coming through tonight.
Hurricane force gusts 70-85 are being predicted for Orlando with the current trajectory which is much more in line with a bad tropical storm in terms of wind levels. Much different than sustained hurricane winds. I don't think anyone is trying to say Orlando is in any sort of clear. I do think Orlando is in a position that is more favorable than previous forecasts.
COUNTY_ORANGE.jpg

LAKid53

Premium Member

Unbelievable! Morons

Looting in Fort Lauderdale

Isn't WPLG in Miami? It was when I lived there.

But yeah, dumb, stupid and illegal. With a major hurricane threatening to make my life bad over the next few weeks, the last thing I'd go after are a bunch of expensive tennis shoes. Food, water are essential to life, Air Jordons not so much...

:rolleyes:

G00fyDad

I wonder if that varies by state? I guess the best thing is to check with your insurance company.

It probably varies by company as well as state. But here in southern Indiana State Farm (and most others) will pay for any tree that falls on your house whether it is a neighbour's tree or your own. However, your insurance will not pay for a tree in your yard falling on their house.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom