Hurricane Irma

Thanks everyone, I did check with Delta and it sounds like the flight is still on time. I will be flying from Atlanta to Orlando so a pretty short flight. I guess we will know more Friday evening to see where everything is settling.

Does Disney hold rooms? If I were to arrive say Monday or Tuesday, would my room still be there even if I wasn't there Sunday Night?

disney4life2008

Thanks everyone, I did check with Delta and it sounds like the flight is still on time. I will be flying from Atlanta to Orlando so a pretty short flight. I guess we will know more Friday evening to see where everything is settling.

Does Disney hold rooms? If I were to arrive say Monday or Tuesday, would my room still be there even if I wasn't there Sunday Night?

Doubtful. I think if people can get here they will be checking in

durangojim

It all depends on exactly the route the storm takes, but as of now it appears there will be 80mph+ winds in the theme park areas. There will likely be some damage from that, although I would not expect major long term disruption.
My biggest thought is damage to the food and wine festival kiosks. I wonder if they could "take them down" today or tomorrow to protect them, or are they sturdy enough to withstand winds like that?

senor_jorge

Barbara Eden+? Bring it!!

We had a somewhat similar situation in December of 2013. We were iced in, in DFW for a couple of days. We kept in touch with our travel agent daily who kept Disney informed that we were iced in but still coming. After a couple of days we were able to get to Dallas and fly out of Love Field and arrived at our resort a couple of days late. Disney had mistakenly cancelled our reservation. They were able to restore it, with some ongoing issues. My advice, if you intend to go, is to keep them updated and take notes on when you call and who you speak to in the event there are problems when you are checking in. Good luck!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Thought I heard the Governor say yesterday that MIA would be closing Saturday. But flights will stop when winds reach 35 mph, even if the airport is still open I would think any flights arriving after Saturday evening will be cancelled.

Announced that Delta is sending more flights into Key West. Delta, Jet Blue and American are capping all tickets at $399.

21stamps

Staying here. Pretty Orlando will be safe. Ugly, but safe. Falling trees, downed powerlines, and snakes are our biggest concern.

I wouldn't complain if the hurricane wiped out all invasive snakes from Florida, but nothing else.
Thought I heard the Governor say yesterday that MIA would be closing Saturday. But flights will stop when winds reach 35 mph, even if the airport is still open I would think any flights arriving after Saturday evening will be cancelled.

Announced that Delta is sending more flights into Key West. Delta, Jet Blue and American are capping all tickets at $399.

Is Key West airport reopening? They really need to do this.

durangojim

a category 5 hurricane is coming which will cause mass destruction and most likely death and your biggest concern is the Food and Wine kiosks?
Yes, obviously I'm a heartless tourist and don't care about human life. Of course not. I worded it poorly. What I should have explained was that I am betting out of all the buildings at WDW, the ones at most risk for damage are the kiosks.
Thank you for pointing this out Captain Literal.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I wouldn't complain if the hurricane wiped out all invasive snakes from Florida, but nothing else.

Is Key West airport reopening? They really need to do this.

Unless I misunderstood what was said, it sounds like it. Such a fluid situation...and some confusion.

21stamps

Wow. Weather channel just said that 40% of gas stations in Miami are out of gas.. 42% out in Palm Beach County.

More is supposed to be coming.

flynnibus

Premium Member
It all depends on exactly the route the storm takes, but as of now it appears there will be 80mph+ winds in the theme park areas. There will likely be some damage from that, although I would not expect major long term disruption.

It's a huge finger to cast members to suggest they show up to work in this kind of situation :(

Disney really needs to go to essential only for at least Monday

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom