Hurricane Irma

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Speaking of canceling the Miami game. I wonder what will become of the FSU-Miami game on 9/16. News media says a possible solution is to move it to open date of 10/4. With evacuees in Tally, that would be a good decision. We'll see.

We've got evacuees on a home football weekend? I realize it's a cupcake game, but it is home opener. I'm surprised they were able to find rooms.

Welcome to Tallahassee y'all! Sorry about the traffic - it's always like this - it's those dang FSU students, lol.

21stamps

Omg just got a traffic update.

Friends left Key West at 10:40am headed towards Orlando, then leaving the state tomorrow. Current status- Sitting in stopped traffic near Yeehaw Junction, for the past hour.

Has anyone driven from Orlando area out of the state yet? How long does that take?

LAKid53

Premium Member
Omg just got a traffic update.

Friends left Key West at 10:40am. Current status- Sitting in stopped traffic near Yeehaw Junction, for the past hour.

Has anyone driven from Orlando area out of the state yet? How long does that take?

Where is Yeehaw Junction?

21stamps

Where is Yeehaw Junction?
IMG_3958.jpg

JohnD

Original Poster
I pray to God that the current track is not going to materialize. It's probably the worst case scenario for the whole state of Florida.

Looks as though the center is forecast to track directly over central Florida..

:(

Yeah. The only things I want to materialize are 999 happy haunts at HM.

21stamps

South of Kissimmee/St. Cloud.

My parents left Palm Coast (30 miles north of Daytona) this morning, and reported it took 6.5 hours to drive 210 miles using 95.

Wow. That's insane.

They're at 10 hours so far from KW. Not sure how long the rest of the way will be.

The Mom

Premium Member
Gainesville, Orlando, Georgia, and keep going.

Now add to the SE Florida evacuations the big SW counties - Collier, Lee, Manatee, Sarasota, Pinellas, Hillsborough. You're basically trying to evacuate the most densely populated region in the state north. Tampa's population in 2015 was 3.5 million. If that storm comes into Tampa Bay....

There are no hotel rooms available between Tallahassee and Atlanta (unless you want to stay in the Bates hotel) and not many in Atlanta. My daughter just texted me. My niece and her boyfriend are driving from Jax to Nashiville - because that's where they finally found a hotel.

Just saw a report - 75 in Tampa is bumper to bumper.

Do they live in JAX? Are they evacuating from someplace else? As I've mentioned, I'm in JAX, not in a flood zone (but no one is safe from tornadoes) and I have 2 empty bedrooms. I have been emailing and texting everyone I know who may live in zone A -C. No takers yet.

I've had emails/texts from friends/relatives as far north as Maine offering us a place to stay. But I'll be OK here.

LAKid53

Premium Member
For all you Florida parents, Governor Scott has ordered all public schools close tomorrow.

21stamps

In the middle of nowhere....

Thanks.

I've lived in this state for 51 years and there are still places I've never heard of.

Me too. Not 51 years, but more than half of my life.. and there's many places that I do not know.. like pretty much anything north of Orlando with the exception of Jacksonville and Pensacola.Lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom