Hurricane Irma

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I know and it's been consistent. I live in PC with family right now so they're all freaking out. I personally am not going to pack up and bolt just because one model shows something. (Did fill the car and pull some cash though)

We'll both be in deep doo doo. We'll be on the back side.

Governor from South Carolina now holding press conference. Just compared Irma to Hugo. Uh oh

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Just as a comparion, Charlie hit Orlando when it crossed Central Florida.
Charlie had 90mph wind in Orlando.

Wilma crossed the state from the West Coast in SoFla (very narrow) and Ft Laud/PBC (East Coast) saw winds of 120-150 mph.

No one can guarantee safety.. but the more land around you the better. Orlando is surrounded by more land.
And I remember the damage Charlie left at WDW, even three months later -- trees down, altered sight lines... it was pretty sad to see.

*Q*

What I want to know is who filmed this and how much were they paid?
That's part of a webcam network that's remotely operated out of Ft. Lauderdale. I often enjoy watching the Disney ships sail into and out of port through several of their webcams like Port Canaveral, Nassau, and Juneau.
Port-Cam.jpg

DDAq3keU0AExK4p.jpg

DCT_SPECIAL45_1280x720.jpg
Right now models continue to shift east. Hoping places like Key West are spared, after seeing what happened to the islands last night.
That just makes me want some delicious spaghetti.

FigmentForver96

We'll both be in deep doo doo. We'll be on the back side.

Governor from South Carolina now holding press conference. Just compared Irma to Hugo. Uh oh
I saw some of it. It does seem like they may have more to worry about if this storm shoots up AND stays over the water. (Not that Florida is close to being out of the woods)

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Well... I live in Savannah and the forecast is starting to look worse for us. We were brushed by Matthew last year and the area, especially the islands, looked like a bomb went off. I can't imagine what this will do if we take a direct hit. I went to the store yesterday and got dry goods and some water, but places are already starting to run out. Gas stations have lines, grocery stores are packed and traffic is insane. The weird thing is it feels like business as usual with exception of that.

Sadly, I visited St. Maarten for the the first time this past May. It was my first international trip and I enjoyed every minute of it. Seeing that truly breaks my heart.

I sincerely pray this thing keeps having it's track shifted further east and away from the coast. It's so hard to discern what's right and what's wrong right now (like The Weather Channel saying it's going to track this way but NOAA has it's track going this way). Fingers crossed for everyone and good luck to all.

My only advice is to turn off The Weather-Hypers Channel (preferably permanently) and pay attention to NOAA/NHC.

cosmicgirl

and how the island still had electricity?
They didn't lose power until the second hit (after the eye).

So it's THAT airport?!
Yes, it's that airport. Maho Beach is the place where people go to see and feel the planes.

Because of Sint-Maarten's ties with Europe we got more coverage about it here than we have about any other locations. They brought soldiers to the island before the storm and had the navy standing by at a safe distance. Two ships filled with equipment and supplies are on their way there now.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
No, the bathtub full of water is for flushing the toilet, not the water you need to drink.
Welcome to the 21st Century, Mr Banks...* ;) Now they have large polyethylene bladders you can put in your bathtub and fill, so you can use that water to drink, as well.
$_35.JPG

*Extra points if you can cite the movie referenced...

LAKid53

Premium Member
Welcome to the 21st Century, Mr Banks...* ;) Now they have large polyethylene bladders you can put in your bathtub and fill, so you can use that water to drink, as well.
$_35.JPG

*Extra points if you can cite the movie referenced...

Now that's a cool idea. Bathtub upstairs for water, downstairs one for toilet and bathing....

You've stumped me in the movie reference....

LAKid53

Premium Member
It's looking better each day to keep my scheduled trip beginning 9/16 through 9/24.

Yeah, I think you're probably good to go. Plus, you'll have the added benefit of being out of town for that game....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom