Hurricane Irma

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Watching update from Miami-Dade. Airport still open and flights will continue until wind speeds reach 35 mph.

And the gentleman stated that Irma has slowed down some. But don't be lulled by that - continue to plan and evacuate.

Last edited:

LAKid53

Premium Member
I've been reading the posts.. thank you to everyone who is offering sound advice and support. I've been busy packing while hubby is out trying to get some last minute supplies.

Have a safe trip to WDW - hope it doesn't take too many hours to get there.

You'll be our "on the spot" reporter once you arrive. :)

Minnie1986

These airline prices are ridiculous.

I've been searching since yesterday helping out my friends, and the few that are available are all over $1000. Domestic!

Not to mention the airports are about 200 -400 miles away from where the people who are told to evacuate actually live.
Way to take advantage of a horrible situation, airlines.
There should be federal regs. against stuff like this. It could mean life or death for some people.

Disney-Trains

Agreed but there are a lot of places that don't cost too much. Detroit is just the one closest to me which is why I checked that one.

Actually... The Detroit airport is out by Dearborn, and Dearborn is home to the Henry ford museum and Greenfield Village. Basically, Henry ford's Disneyland which is a must see. Lots and lots of similarities with Early disney designs (Walt and Ward Kimball visited Greenfield Village prior to 55) including an operating steam train, model t cars you can ride in, horse drawn omnibus, "Main Street" working farms, and the Thomas Edison Menlo Park. The indoor museum is also a must see with the Rosa Parks bus, presidential Limos, etc.

Dearborn is one of my favorite places to visit right up by Disneyworld and Land.

21stamps

There should be federal regs. against stuff like this. It could mean life or death for some people.

Agree!!!

Be sure to see my edit. Also, this price was one way. Allegiant has a way of getting their money on return flights.

I didn't even check return.. I honestly know next to nothing about Allegiant.. but yours is the first post where the flights actually showed availability!!! Sent it to one of friends.. she's going to hopefully book it now.

Is everyone fairly confident that flights will still be leaving SoFla tomorrow?

LAKid53

Premium Member
You really do learn something new everyday. Thanks!

You must have missed my post several pages back where I stated that my dad was an aeronautical engineer in the business for nearly 40 years. Learned a lot about equipment and carriers. That also included major crashes - my father would meticulously analyze them for days - told him he needed to join the NTSB when he retired. And stop scaring the poop out of my daughter....

Minnie1986

Agree!!!

I didn't even check return.. I honestly know next to nothing about Allegiant.. but yours is the first post where the flights actually showed availability!!! Sent it to one of friends.. she's going to hopefully book it now.

Is everyone fairly confident that flights will still be leaving SoFla tomorrow?
I would assume so, since it should not touch down until this weekend.

Minnie1986

You must have missed my post several pages back where I stated that my dad was an aeronautical engineer in the business for nearly 40 years. Learned a lot about equipment and carriers. That also included major crashes - my father would meticulously analyze them for days - told him he needed to join the NTSB when he retired. And stop scaring the poop out of my daughter....
Definitely did miss that. Must've been a cool job for your dad.

IanDLBZF

Broward County to start mandatory evacuations tomorrow at noon, schools in Broward, Palm Beach, and Miami Dade Counties will be closed tomorrow and Friday.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom