Hurricane Irma

21stamps

Might? Probably will.

The last thing i would want your friend to do is to wander around in a foreign country trying to find shelter from this storm.

Yeah, and just as a reminder-

80,000 Keys residents are under a MANDATORY evacuation right now. As well as who knows how many tourists from that area are also under mandatory evac.

That number will rise when the barrier islands and all mobile homes in SoFla are also placed under mandatory evac.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I was going to go to Costco today to get water. But going to wait now that it looks like Irma is taking a track to the east. There's always tomorrow, to quote Scarlett....

21stamps

To those looking for flights: do they have to be domestic? There may still be seats on European charter airlines.

One of my girlfriends actually tried to get a flight to Israel for the holidays (Key West resident). She wasn't able to, but European cities may be a good option.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
To those looking for flights: do they have to be domestic? There may still be seats on European charter airlines.

Never thought about that. Stay in Florida during a killer storm....or hightail it to Europe and sun on the French Riviera. What to do.... ;)

21stamps

It says one seat left at $114. I'm not sure if that means one seat or one seat left at that price. However, it was the ONLY result to come up for the search.

Here's the one way I found.

IMG_3901.jpg

What date did you click? I'm trying to find it- hopefully 3 of them.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

If the storm is bad, I definitely plan on staying in the hallway or somewhere away from glass. My concern is high winds and the tree right outside my window breaking the glass and rain water coming in through the broken window. The good thing though about having just moved back here is I don't have too much stuff yet and nothing irreplaceable.
You could buy some moving blankets and nail them to the inside. It’ll at least help contain glass and water so long as it isn’t something big.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I would really like some honest opinions please. We are booked at AofA beginning this Friday and are wondering if it will be safe in the path of the storm? We are driving up from Palm Beach County, so we are hoping Disney is a better alternative to where we actually live.

Is anyone else concerned about staying at Disney during the storm? Please... I really need reassurance and honest opinions.

Thanks so much.

You should be fine at Disney. The problem is being locked down come Sunday... and then having troubles trying to leave. Orlando will get wind and rain... but not life dangering stuff (minus falling trees or power lines). The issue is largely being stuck there in any aftermath.

I have the exact same dates for WDW, and am wanting to cancel. Can I ask why, you do not?

Because I don't think the storm is going to be that bad in Orlando. I am very disappointed that I will miss out on probably two days at the parks due to rain and wind, but I'm not concerned at all about the integrity of the buildings I will be at.

I also am travelling with just my girlfriend. We are both young(ish), and do not have children. We plan on taking 10-20 gallons of gas down with us (we are driving) in case we can't find any. Also plan on taking a few cases of bottled water and quick-to-eat meals on the chance supplies at the resort are low.

Going through a hurricane is NOT on my bucket list...also want my family to be safe!!!!
Really not sure if Disney has started there Hurricane Policy yet. I can't get through to them on the phone. All lines are busy.

They won't really go into their hurricane policy until a Hurricane Warning is posted I believe. That will likely happen late tomorrow or possibly Friday. That's when I will make the final call on whether to go or stay.

I think the most likely impact to Disney World is comparable to what Matthew did... which was bring some rain and wind but nothing extraordinary. To be quite frank, I don't see this being any more dangerous than when a nasty summer thunderstorm with a ton of lightning pops up while people are in the parks.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Because I don't think the storm is going to be that bad in Orlando. I am very disappointed that I will miss out on probably two days at the parks due to rain and wind, but I'm not concerned at all about the integrity of the buildings I will be at.

I also am travelling with just my girlfriend. We are both young(ish), and do not have children. We plan on taking 10-20 gallons of gas down with us (we are driving) in case we can't find any. Also plan on taking a few cases of bottled water and quick-to-eat meals on the chance supplies at the resort are low.

They won't really go into their hurricane policy until a Hurricane Warning is posted I believe. That will likely happen late tomorrow or possibly Friday. That's when I will make the final call on whether to go or stay.

I think the most likely impact to Disney World is comparable to what Matthew did... which was bring some rain and wind but nothing extraordinary. To be quite frank, I don't see this being any more dangerous than when a nasty summer thunderstorm with a ton of lightning pops up while people are in the parks.

Chip and Co. reported yesterday that Disney is already allowing guests to cancel reservations without penalty due to the Florida governor declaring a state of emergency already.

No time to read back thru 20 pages, but DCL has cancelled 3 upcoming cruises and are having two current cruises return to port early - http://disneycruiselineblog.com/201...-three-upcoming-cruises-ahead-hurricane-irma/

cosmicgirl

One of my girlfriends actually tried to get a flight to Israel for the holidays (Key West resident). She wasn't able to, but European cities may be a good option.

Never thought about that. Stay in Florida during a killer storm....or hightail it to Europe and sun on the French Riviera. What to do.... ;)

It's not the French Riviera, but there were seats out to Germany for tomorrow for a very reasonable fare half an hour ago. Now the price went up by a factor 10 :jawdrop:.

21stamps

It's not the French Riviera, but there were seats out to Germany for tomorrow for a very reasonable fare half an hour ago. Now the price went up by a factor 10 :jawdrop:.

These airline prices are ridiculous.

I've been searching since yesterday helping out my friends, and the few that are available are all over $1000. Domestic!

Not to mention the airports are about 200 -400 miles away from where the people who are told to evacuate actually live.
Way to take advantage of a horrible situation, airlines.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom