Hurricane Irma

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
True, plus "can" and "do" are two different things!

What the military is willing to do with a plane is frequently pushing it to the airframe's limits,

Civillian aviation is much more conservative and your insurance limits what and where you can fly.

Example a 737 can do negative 3 G's. So barrel rolls and immelman loops are in the performance envelope.

Actually do it for real and find your policy yanked and no one will write you another.

monothingie

Too bad, sugar puff. We could have been something.
Premium Member
IMG_4728.JPG

From @tikiman facebook page.

Bairstow

I don't think it's idiotic so much as selfish. I totally get the appeal of witnessing the power of something like a hurricane, even at the expense of one's safety- but the problem is that after it's over you're going to be one more warm body in a disaster area in need of food, water, and medical attention, creating additional strain where there didn't need to be.

lisacat

I don't think it's idiotic so much as selfish. I totally get the appeal of witnessing the power of something like a hurricane, even at the expense of one's safety- but the problem is that after it's over you're going to be one more warm body in a disaster area in need of food, water, and medical attention, creating additional strain where there didn't need to be.
The more professional ones are usually more cautious and self sufficient at least.

TalkingHead

One thing is certain -- the amateur local news in Tallahassee is totally ill-equipped to cover the continuing westerly Irma track.

Tom Terry, Central Florida, South Florida news clearly have their act together. Tallahassee's news is approximately at the "might get a little windy around here" stage.

TalkingHead

Leaving Tallahassee tomorrow morning. Not staying for this.

That's what my wife wants to do, but I'm on the fence. Needless to say, the coverage here makes it sound unlikely that we'll get anything more than Cat 1 winds, and they're not encouraging evacuations.

But -- who am I kidding? -- I'm fully expecting this thing to knock the city's power out for 5-10 days and for classes to be cancelled for days on end.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom